FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Life Thread v2.0

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
procarbinefreak View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Budget Medical Procedures Available

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote procarbinefreak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 August 2017 at 8:07pm
Bought a house, which I'm enjoying throwing money into.  Just had to drop almost 8 grand into a furnace/central air.  I'm about to start my 3rd semester in my MBA program, and have found grad school to be relatively easy and very enjoyable.  I'm looking forward to it.  Still working in the same hospital lab I've been at for 9 years now which seems like forever.  I'm the lead tech now, which has given me more responsibility, and a good jumping off point for when my MBA will pay off.  Been trying to bike a lot more and explore our new neighborhood.  We're only 2 miles from Lake Michigan, so there's some great parks and trails to bum around on.

I miss paintball, but surprisingly not the tournament stuff that I played a lot in college.  I miss the backyard rec games, and the woodsball big games that I used to play waaaaay back when.  Unfortunately, the money is not there because I picked up different hobbies.  Like Tallen, I've been shooting a lot of shotgun lately.  On the sporting clays course I consider it a bad day if I slip under 40 out of 50.  
tallen702 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
They mostly come at night... Mostly....

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tallen702 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 August 2017 at 10:25pm
Originally posted by impulse418 impulse418 wrote:

That's amazing news!

Yep! Seems pretty much like a lock too at this point so long as I don't royally screw up. It'll be a completely different world, but one I think I'm suited for. There'll be more travel for sure, but it should be fairly local (max 1 state away). While the money isn't stellar, it's well above what I'd max out at with a unit-level position, and the fact that I'd have a lot of autonomy over my schedule would be excellent.
<Removed overly wide sig. Tsk, you know better.>
glazener24 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote glazener24 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 August 2017 at 6:10am
Ok,  I'll play...

I graduated high school in 2008 (yeah, I haven't posted in a while) went to college, and now hold one associates degree, two bachelor's degrees, and I have have plans to pursue a master's degree. I have been a police officer for three years, and I love my job. That being said, I still have plans in mind to advance my career. I also met a girl that I feel pretty confident will become Mrs. Glazener24. I hope you all are doing well.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic