Tippmann Paintball Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Tippmann Paintball > Paintball Ideas / News From Tippmann
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Phantom/Semi

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Staples Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Phantom/Semi
    Posted: 25 August 2004 at 9:55pm
I'm going to order a Phantom and was wondering what was going to
happen when it came to close quarters w/ semis and it dawned on
me. Why not make a selector switch on the Phantom so you can
switch to semi when it gets in close, and back to pump for
everything else. it would work like when to switched it to semi after
every shot it would cycle the pump putting a ball into the chamber
and then would shut this off when switched back to pump. Tell me
what you think and how i could do this.
ieatpaint View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ieatpaint Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 August 2004 at 10:09pm
you might as well buy a decent pistol and circumvent the entire problem
Slothbutt View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Can’t find the short bus

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Slothbutt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 August 2004 at 11:28pm
pump real fast...
evil_fingers View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Strike 1 - Inappropriate sig

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote evil_fingers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 August 2004 at 12:16am
Pump and run real fast.....
Do not steal....the government hates competition!
Funky View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Pants? I dont need no stinking pants.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Funky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 August 2004 at 11:41am
That kind of defeats the purpose of having a pump...

Alternatively you could just play with a semi and fire single shot until you get close to someone.

"Don't you hate pants?"
Enos Shenk View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
~-o@

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Enos Shenk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 August 2004 at 2:33pm
You know, not to be a total ass, but when you have an idea it generally helps to have some small conception of technical reality before you post it. If you can figure out how to make a gun switch between pump action and semi at the flick of a switch, i think you could make a ton of money.
crazedloon View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote crazedloon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 August 2004 at 7:46pm

I know this is a dumb idea and I admit why not just play pump who cares if a semi player is dumping paint on you get used to it cus that is part of the fun of playing pump

But here is an idea if you really want to do this.  You need a RT like piston on the side so that every time the gun cycles it would push the bolt back and after it finished its movement an internal spring would push the piston back into position.  If you wished to go pump only you could turn a closing screw much like the one on the RT so that no air would go to the piston thus making it so you have to pump. 

Just saying in my defense I have never seen a phantom in action nor do I know how they work.  This is all based on basic facts that I know and I could easily be of base on this. So this is only an idea so have fun with it and don’t kill yourself trying to make this work.

btheg23 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote btheg23 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 August 2004 at 7:52pm

its called auto triggering

travis75 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
Dear Penthouse....

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote travis75 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 August 2004 at 8:16pm

Originally posted by Enos Shenk Enos Shenk wrote:

You know, not to be a total ass, but when you have an idea it generally helps to have some small conception of technical reality before you post it. If you can figure out how to make a gun switch between pump action and semi at the flick of a switch, i think you could make a ton of money.

i agree

Hey MPAA, Guess what?

09 f9 11 02 9d 74 e3 5b d8 41 56 c5 63 56 88 c0!
Staples View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Staples Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 August 2004 at 8:26pm
Well maybe you could do it by when you flick the switch, it opens an
area that the Co2 goes into and cycles the pump back, loading
another ball. i'm going to toy with my Phantom when it arrives to see
it if's possible.
g0dhead View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote g0dhead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 August 2004 at 8:56pm

The Benelli M(something) 12 guage shotgun allows you to switch between pump action, and Semi-Auto.  I don't see any reason why you couldn't do it with a paintball gun.

evil_fingers View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Strike 1 - Inappropriate sig

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote evil_fingers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 August 2004 at 9:04pm

Wow! The infamous Enos Shenk cussed....he said "ass".

Imma follow yer example fer now on.

Do not steal....the government hates competition!
Monk View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Monk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 August 2004 at 3:49pm

www.howstuffworks.com

Go, learn, realize that you feeble attempts at life are meaningless.

Oh and a gun is nothing like how a paintball gun works.

Edited by Monk
jigglydude View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
My title got <krl>’ed

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jigglydude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 August 2004 at 9:19pm
what if.....

you put a on/off going to the LPR of a cocker, then put a pump handle on the barrel, that stops before the it hits the front pneumatics, with its own sepererate rod, that can be disconnected at the back block, and then you could remove the pump handle to get rid of its added friction. the first shot after closing the valve would be semi and im still working on a fool proof way to stop the pump arm befroe it hits the pneumatics

not perfect, so feel free to give input

Edited by jigglydude
Staples View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Staples Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 August 2004 at 12:54pm
[QUOTE=Monk]

www.howstuffworks.com">www.howstuffworks.com

Go, learn, realize that you feeble attempts at life are
meaningless.

[/
QUOTE]

Jeez, it was just an idea. No need to go flaming like that.

Edited by Staples
THEJoshua107 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote THEJoshua107 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 August 2004 at 2:02pm
alrighty now... go to the phantom website... it will tell you that if you hold the trigger you can shoot as fast as you can pump... this is a good thing if youve never had a girlfriend... if your a pimp (not if you think you are... cuz nobody is asking... this is just the truth in your head) then go ahead and buy a semi
Things you will never hear:

"Nah those guys would have been better off without me"
Bob Long

"Nah we're not the best"
Tippmann

"Peace, Yall"
Hitler
sandman3690 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sandman3690 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 August 2004 at 8:13pm
    Hold down the trigger and pump it. It should fire like a semi.
Exit:light
Enter:night
    Take my hand
      We're off to never
        never land

-Metallica

Monk View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Monk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 August 2004 at 8:24pm
Originally posted by Staples Staples wrote:

Originally posted by Monk Monk wrote:

www.howstuffworks.com">www.howstuffworks.com

Go, learn, realize that you feeble attempts at life are
meaningless.

Jeez, it was just an idea. No need to go flaming like that.

I always get blamed for flaming, its inevetable. I was just trying to be funny. Must be over your head.

sneakysniper7 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sneakysniper7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 August 2004 at 8:57pm
If you play pump and are worried about being bunkered then get a pump pistol and have an A-5 on a combat strap (like a sling) and if someone is getting close switch. That should make them think twice about bunkering and if it doesnt light em up like a cuban cigar. just kidding.
Paintball is the best sport no matter what anyone says, and if you cheat you get beat. Snipers rule!
Ashran View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ashran Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 September 2004 at 9:14pm
Originally posted by Enos Shenk Enos Shenk wrote:

Ya no kidding, you'd need a special 3way that not only could turn off, but could bleed both sides of the ram so it doesn't take 100psi to pump/unpump.
2k4 Viking
SCM, MM
JMJ roller trigger
WAS 1.6 WAS eyes, WAS switch
Dye Minidrop
CP on/off
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic