Tippmann Paintball Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Tippmann Paintball > Paintball Ideas / News From Tippmann
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Do you want your paint to fly 2X farther?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vonfeldt7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Do you want your paint to fly 2X farther?
    Posted: 07 November 2004 at 9:09pm
Hey, I think I have an idea, but I'm no sure if it is possible, okay, you know on golf balls, all the little dimpels in the ball, they make it go a LOT farther, than a golfball with no dimpels, so if they could somehow make paintballs with dimbles in it, it should go a LOT farther, like 2X farther, if they could figure out how to make them, which shouldn't be that hard. Help me on this, please.

Edited by vonfeldt7
novice paintball help(If you own a tippy and your new to paintball, this site may help)
Jesus is my friend
DO NOT say"sniper"here!
rootsradicals View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rootsradicals Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 November 2004 at 9:13pm
wrong
WWBDD?

vonfeldt7 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vonfeldt7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 November 2004 at 9:14pm

and how r u so sure about this?

novice paintball help(If you own a tippy and your new to paintball, this site may help)
Jesus is my friend
DO NOT say"sniper"here!
Robert_Hawker View Drop Down
Strike 1, S-bomb 10-7

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Robert_Hawker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 November 2004 at 10:21pm
it would work in theory but making dimpoled paintballs may prove difficult.
Tipp A-5
Opsgear Saw Shroud
Opsgear G36 Folding Stock
16" j&j
jeep 98 custom View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
I can type in Nerd L33T!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jeep 98 custom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 November 2004 at 10:24pm
I'd think those grooves/dimples would A. Cause paint to fly really crappy B. Increase drag slowing it down, making it not go as far.
"Yes there are two path you can go back, but in the long run, there's still time to change the road you're on"

Robert_Hawker View Drop Down
Strike 1, S-bomb 10-7

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Robert_Hawker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 November 2004 at 10:29pm

^the sciance shows otherwise why do you think golfbals are dimpoled in the first place. i could spend half an hour and look it up but trust me they would work. the problem is in manufacturing them.

As we all know paintballs are prity flexable. for the dimpons to remain you would need to thicken the outer shell by 2 or 3 times. this means they would hurt like a **Explitive** when they hit and they would be more expensive. pluss at that thickness the current goggles would not take a close range blast.

Its a good idea but the legisticks just arent there.

Tipp A-5
Opsgear Saw Shroud
Opsgear G36 Folding Stock
16" j&j
NotDaveEllis View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NotDaveEllis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 November 2004 at 11:08pm
http://www.automags.org/forums/showthread.php?t=59298
Lightningbolt View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
PHAT and PLAT

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lightningbolt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 November 2004 at 11:12pm
just chrono out @ 650 fps
Enos Shenk View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
~-o@

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Enos Shenk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 November 2004 at 9:22am
Sooooooo ollllldddddd, been thought up a million times, AGD tried it and found it doesnt do anything anyway, and i think its even patented.
reincarnation14 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reincarnation14 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 November 2004 at 11:04pm
yea i just got done readin one were a guy tryed it and it like got so messed up yea i laughed at him but anyway dude...NotDaveEllis plz for the love of god change ur signiture i frikin gouged out my eyes after lookin at that
Diablo Mongoose 2
18in CP Barrel
adjustdable feedneck
FAPM-Formers Againts Pope Mobile

The South WILL Rise Again
BaziAD View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BaziAD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 November 2004 at 4:38pm
doesn't the uber FAQ have something about bullet shaped and dimpled paintballs?

§ 98 Custom Fund $0/$149.28 §
the_blade View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
<esser is more

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote the_blade Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 November 2004 at 5:20pm
It wouldnt work even if paintballs could be dimpled when a paint ball is breeched and fired the amount of pressure that hits the ball puts the paintball through shock. It actually distorts it to the shape of a football. The painball returns back to a round shape the dimples would be all distorted when returned back to there size.
95 base neon 3.0 cai, knifedged crankshaft 60 mill throttle body,14 crane cam crane springs/retainers eagle rods port matched/ polished intake p&p head shaved .015 phantom grip diff dohc exuast
Enos Shenk View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
~-o@

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Enos Shenk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 November 2004 at 5:35pm
Originally posted by BaziAD BaziAD wrote:

doesn't the uber FAQ have something about bullet shaped and dimpled paintballs?

Of course, but who actually reads the stickies....
surfnbrad View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote surfnbrad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 November 2004 at 7:26pm

Zap  makes paintballs  saying they have micro dimples    bye the way they were the best paint i have ever used     i can't findem any more   they came in apack of 400     trust me they were like marbs!!!!

Smitty View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Murdock ... I’m comin’ ta get YOU!!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Smitty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 November 2004 at 9:13pm

i dont know... i dont think itd work. also

DAVE CHANGE YOUR SIG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! IM ALMOST PUKING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

jokesquad View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jokesquad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 November 2004 at 8:43pm

We watched a movie on why dimples are on golf balls in science class. From what I understood the dimples will only truly help it go farther if you have backspin on the ball like in golf. So you would have to be shooting a flatline for anything to actually happen. But wow if it was possible a 2 times farther flatline

reincarnation14 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reincarnation14 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 November 2004 at 8:49pm
it will never work they wouldnt b able to make it and the paint wouldnt stay inside it it would all leak out of the dimples and this topic is old y is it on the front page again
Diablo Mongoose 2
18in CP Barrel
adjustdable feedneck
FAPM-Formers Againts Pope Mobile

The South WILL Rise Again
Skorpion317 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Skorpion317 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 November 2004 at 10:28pm

Originally posted by reincarnation14 reincarnation14 wrote:

it will never work they wouldnt b able to make it and the paint wouldnt stay inside it it would all leak out of the dimples and this topic is old y is it on the front page again

it wouldn't leak out of the dimples. the shell would have to be made in such a way that it would be able to contain the paint. that means that the shell would be thicker.

out of a normal barrel, this wouldn't do anything. out of a flatline, this would work better. however, there's really no point to trying it.

98 Custom
Flatline Barrel
Pro-Team Sniper F/X stock
32 Degrees Remote Line
Response Trigger
Ricochet 2K hopper
Removed Front Grip
Polished Internals
Adco Imp red dot sight
jjclown23 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
No idea what’s inappropriate

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jjclown23 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 November 2004 at 3:14pm
Originally posted by Smitty Smitty wrote:

i dont know... i dont think itd work. also

DAVE CHANGE YOUR SIG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! IM ALMOST PUKING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

yeah his sig is gross for guys

A-5
Response Trigger
DOP Blade Trigger
Polished Internals
X-Chamber
Custom Paint
14" J&J
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic