Tippmann Paintball Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Tippmann Paintball > Marker Gallery
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Auto cocker M14

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tigerclaw-XC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Auto cocker M14
    Posted: 14 July 2009 at 10:01pm

Homemade Paintball Rifle  :

The M14 airsoft model

M14 Ripped Apart

Pretty STO autococker
- Note look at all the detail and what the gun looks like

Poor baby gets cut down. 
- top rail and ball feed have been cut off.
-trigger system gone
-regulator temp. taken off

now took the plastic M14 and cut the back out so the autococker could fit in

left the main parts of the trigger system on but just cut down as much as possible

Ground down the back of the autococker Assembly so it fits the spacing of the M14 body

Seen that the autococker expansion chamber would not fit the plastic m14 body, so i need to grind that down too.  

what it looked like not ground down

and grounded

Old trigger

What it looks like after the trigger has been cut down, a made connector rode has been set, and the two triggers are connected

the plastic mag being cleaned out and made ready

this front piece was cut down and copper pipe replaced parts that would fit over the barrel

Then i added back on my regulator with macro line

put in more macro line at the expansion chamber connector. and ran that back to wards the butt stock of the rifle.  with some bondo around the mag to make it stronger

took a piece of bent sheet metal, cut it up and made a straight flat bar that ran back to wards the hammer Assembly on the auto cocker.
 -NOTE:   That each time the autococker fires the M14 cocking handle also comes back, thus the M14 looks like its actually chambering a round.

Now in order to make the flexible plastic body stronger i decided to put bondo throughout the inside body of the M14 frame. and don't worry i didn't epoxy the autococker to the frame of the gun. so i and take it out and time or clean it anytime i want.

almost done

now when i made the flash suppressor i went into auto cad. i did this so i could print out a perfect measurement of the slots i needed  to cut.

And then cut out a PVC piece to make the flash guard stronger

spray painting the interior for the M14

Now spray painting the outside

Model paint

THE FINISHED PRODUCT

Note: i used different kinds of black.  Iron black, Flat black, Semi Flat black, Ultra Flat black, and Gun Metal Spray.  And some i waited an hour for the paint to dry and then took a rag to kinda buff it out alittle to give it that metal shine.   All to achieve that difference and realism in parts to the gun.

Remember, each time you fire the M14 cocking handle comes back along with the autococker back bolt. thus, it looks like it is chambering a round.

Co2 connector nipple

HOPE YOU ENJOYED

Gun is Fully operational with no errors, no rubbing parts, autococker shoots perfect with no problems, and i still can take it apart to adjust the velocity along with the timing as well.

Edited by Tigerclaw-XC - 15 July 2009 at 3:53pm
DeTrevni View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
b-YOU-ick. Was that so hard?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DeTrevni Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 July 2009 at 11:21pm
So, uh, where's the 'cocker? Or paintball stuff?
Evil Elvis: "Detrevni is definally like a hillbilly hippy from hell"

slackerr26 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
Strike 2 - language, 8/20

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote slackerr26 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 July 2009 at 11:36pm
maybe he thinks its a paintball gun because it shoot 6mm paint bb's? and maybe its an autococker because its electric and doesnt need spring cocking
Mack View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Has no impulse! control

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 July 2009 at 12:01am
I'm not sure what's "homemade" about it either.
Tigerclaw-XC View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tigerclaw-XC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 July 2009 at 4:36am
hold on guys, walked away from the computer, still need to finish postin the rest of the pics
DeTrevni View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DeTrevni Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 July 2009 at 5:15am
I few of things.

First: Why an STO? And a nice one at that. Too late now...

Second: Do you know what you are doing? How are you going to trip the sear (edit: nevermind, figured that out)? And time it? With everything epoxied together, you better HOPE you just happened to have glued it in properly, or else you're going to have what used to be a very nice paperweight.

Third: I'm concerned about the integrity of that ASA that you ground down...

It would have been MUCH simpler for you if you had chosen say a Spyder or an Automag or even a Tippy 98. 'Cockers are complex pieces of equipment, and do not do so well "ghetto rigged."

Edited by DeTrevni - 15 July 2009 at 5:22am

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tigerclaw-XC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 July 2009 at 5:55am

why autococker. bc it was my best gun, plus i loved the m14 and i figured im not going to be getting any new paintball guns anytime soon i wanted to put the autococker to good use. second, griding anything down, yes you have to watch, bc of the high psi everything is under. but there is no worries i checked the stress levels on aluminum and the size and im good to go. plus i used parts that are meant for paintball and high pressure so you never really have to worry it.  and last i didnt epoxi the auto cocker to the frame itself so i can take it out anytime and adjust the timing which really isint all the bad once you know what ur doin.

Mack View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Has no impulse! control

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 July 2009 at 11:11am
That's looking better now. 

. . . and the idea seems quite promising as well.
slackerr26 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
Strike 2 - language, 8/20

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote slackerr26 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 July 2009 at 11:56am
wait. so you decided to chop up your best gun when there was a chance you might screw something up? doesnt seem worth it to me. it would have been better mag fed. its gonna look funny with a hopper on it. 
Robot View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Robot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 July 2009 at 2:29pm
I'm guilty of always wanting an autococker/Garand mockup and I'm happy someone else was thinking along the same lines. I'd personally nix that ASA and cut a bit out of the stock to be on the extra safe side though.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tigerclaw-XC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 July 2009 at 2:48pm
if it makes you guys feel any better, i knew what i was doin iv done this acouple of times.  And the autococker i got ripped off on, i thought i bought it for a cheap price so i could sell it again later. didnt play with it bc i wasnt playin much paintball.  so a year later i found there was some things wrong with it and payed to have it fixed.  i only had a couple of paintball guns and the rest i turned in relepricas as well. so the autococker was my last resort. And again, yes i knew it was my best gun, and no i knew that i wasnt goin to screw anything up bc i done this kind of stuff before.  so i used the last paintball gun that i had which was an autococker and made it into the best rifle.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tigerclaw-XC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 July 2009 at 4:00pm

Now i should be done postin

mamasboi View Drop Down
Strike 1, FIlter dodge, 7/23

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mamasboi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 July 2009 at 4:07pm

Video?

Edited by mamasboi - 15 July 2009 at 4:12pm
p shooter View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote p shooter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 July 2009 at 7:29pm
that looks great !!!
Mack View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Has no impulse! control

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 July 2009 at 7:39pm
Good job.

My only complaint, being a purist, is with the rails.
sinisterNorth View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
1 strike, language, 10/3

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sinisterNorth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 July 2009 at 7:45pm
I like it.
Pumpker'd; (V.) When a pump player runs up and shoots you at point blank range because you thought 20bps made you good.
TinMan View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TinMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 July 2009 at 8:19pm
Well, it looks absolutely beautiful.

My concern is the exopy or siliconed areas containing macro fittings and hose.
If you ever lose a hose...

Thumbs Up
DeTrevni View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DeTrevni Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 July 2009 at 8:31pm
Wow...

Alright, you win this round. As a 'cocker purist and fanatic (I've owned 10 at last count), I was kinda worried.

That came out AMAZING. I guess I should have let you posted the pics (like you said) before I jumped on you. Sorry about that. :)

Edited by DeTrevni - 15 July 2009 at 8:32pm

Robot View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Robot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 July 2009 at 2:58am
Originally posted by Mack Mack wrote:

Good job.

My only complaint, being a purist, is with the rails.

...I really don't see where you could even put more railsWink.
I gotta say... that thing delivers on way too many levels... and as the first autococker milsim I can even recall seeing, it's about exactly what I'd want for myself as well (make an M1 Garand!).
Kudos!
kurieitaa View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kurieitaa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 July 2009 at 10:03am
vary cool and vary nicly done 10/10. are you going to post a video up?

Originally posted by TinMan TinMan wrote:

My concern is the exopy or siliconed areas containing macro fittings and hose.
If you ever lose a hose...

hes got a good point, that would be a pain to fix.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
  Share Topic