Forum Home Forum Home > News And Views > Thoughts and Opinions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Did this actually go unnoticed here?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
PHAT and PLAT

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lightningbolt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Did this actually go unnoticed here?
    Posted: 29 August 2012 at 2:40pm
I waited a couple of days for someone to post this but

Planned attack?

Edited by Lightningbolt - 29 August 2012 at 2:43pm
stratoaxe View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
And my axe...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stratoaxe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 August 2012 at 2:57pm
There's alot of this type of gang behavior in the military. I watched a documentary about high ranking officers overseeing gang initiations in the military in order to have trained feet on the ground for the gangs.

One of them fled to Germany when word came down that he was busted in an execution similar to this one. Apparently white supremists get a few spec ops guys added to their ranks every year as well.

Regardless I don't see it as quite the massive problem it's made out to be. The military is like any other group-they tend to acquire some mixed nuts every now and again.
Tolgak View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Master of MSPaint and bri's Daddy

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tolgak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 August 2012 at 3:14pm
From a documentary: some gangs tell their younger recruits to join the military to get combat experience and training. While in, the gang members use their access to move supplies, or use military discounts to buy supplies that are not worth the risk to steal. I also recall some drug and weapon smuggling incidents (by cargo craft returning from the mid east) a few years back... Though i might have just seen that on a tv show.
evillepaintball View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Not sexy - only dangerous to self

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote evillepaintball Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 August 2012 at 3:20pm
4 guys.  4. Planned to take control of an entire military post.  HAH!
deadeye007 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Has Mod powers, isn't able to use them.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote deadeye007 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 August 2012 at 7:54pm
Originally posted by Tolgak Tolgak wrote:

I also recall some drug and weapon smuggling incidents (by cargo craft returning from the mid east) a few years back... Though i might have just seen that on a tv show.

I believe that was NCIS.

Face it guys, common sense is a form of wealth and we're surrounded by poverty.-Strato
GI JOES SON View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Got me flowers for my birthday

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GI JOES SON Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 August 2012 at 8:40pm
It didn't mentioned their MOS, but it would be hilarious to find out that they were cooks or something non-combat oriented.
Not because jobs like that are meaningless, we definitely need support guys to make or military go round...but they don't really get any combat oriented training past basic training.
impulse418 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
off the hook four days early <3 <3 <3

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote impulse418 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 August 2012 at 8:50pm
Meh
jmac3 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Official Box Hoister

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jmac3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 August 2012 at 10:36pm
I'm planning on taking over Massachusetts. Who's with me?
Que pasa?

impulse418 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
off the hook four days early <3 <3 <3

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote impulse418 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 August 2012 at 11:09am
Originally posted by jmac3 jmac3 wrote:

I'm planning on taking over Massachusetts. Who's with me?

Not worth it
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic