Tippmann Paintball Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Tippmann Paintball > Paintball Ideas / News From Tippmann
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Digital chrono on the gun

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Strike 1 - Flaming

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fatman Lash Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Digital chrono on the gun
    Posted: 22 November 2004 at 8:33pm
I dont know if theres been posts on something like this, but it would be nice if guns had a built in digital chrono that set the BPS to what you put it at. That way if you loose your Tourny lock or something its no big deal.

Click banner to see my marker
Ariakon_Eagle View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ariakon_Eagle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 November 2004 at 8:39pm
You realize that your velocity(which is what a chrono is for) has nothing to do with your BPS or mode of fire.
You call the Eagle, Eagle does the rest.
Fatman Lash View Drop Down
Strike 1 - Flaming

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fatman Lash Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 November 2004 at 8:51pm
yea, I meant to say FPS lol, stupid typos. I was on the phone and playing a game at the same time. Sorry.

Clark Kent View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Clark Kent Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 November 2004 at 8:54pm
I wouldn't be surprised to see self-adjusting velocities soon...
evil_fingers View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Strike 1 - Inappropriate sig

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote evil_fingers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 November 2004 at 9:45pm
That would most likely work on electro markers...tryin to make it on a non electro marker would get pretty expensive.
Do not steal....the government hates competition!
Monk View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Monk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 November 2004 at 9:54pm

Im not sure if the technology has been "civilianized" yet to do that.

By that I mean small enough.

The Guy View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Soup Can Guy

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Guy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 November 2004 at 9:59pm
well, the problem is that uness you are using an optical chrono, it would need a lrge face to incorporate the entire enclosure. making it a large target.
Lightningbolt View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
PHAT and PLAT

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lightningbolt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 November 2004 at 11:01pm
there are quite a few guns that you can specify the bps. an onboard chrono would be neat.
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote evil_fingers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 November 2004 at 11:51pm
Do you guys realise how much a marker would cost if there was an on board chrono?!?!
Do not steal....the government hates competition!
Clark Kent View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Clark Kent Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 November 2004 at 10:12am

The first few guns with this feature would cost extra, but in ten years it will be standard equipment (my prediction).

You guys probably don't remember when power windows was an expensive option on expensive cars...   Now it's hard to find a car without.

Fatman Lash View Drop Down
Strike 1 - Flaming

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fatman Lash Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 November 2004 at 10:16am
well, if they could find a cheap way to manufacture them into things it would be cheap.

jjclown23 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
No idea what’s inappropriate

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jjclown23 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 November 2004 at 3:02pm
kents right, in 10 years chronos would be just like a trigger now on a gun
A-5
Response Trigger
DOP Blade Trigger
Polished Internals
X-Chamber
Custom Paint
14" J&J
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote evil_fingers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 November 2004 at 12:04am
Originally posted by Clark Kent Clark Kent wrote:

The first few guns with this feature would cost extra, but in ten years it will be standard equipment (my prediction).

You guys probably don't remember when power windows was an expensive option on expensive cars...   Now it's hard to find a car without.

I wouldnt say that....Ive seen alot of current cars wit crank handles to open a car window.

YOu could be right bout that....10 years from now, but can you imagine the price tag if a Timmy came equipped wit one.

Bigomondis104 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bigomondis104 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 November 2004 at 12:11am
i think that would b difficult in a way. because you would have to put it somewhere that it isnt to far away from the barrel. but i could b wrong
98 custom
e-bolt
low pressure kit
dye drop forward
68ci 3000psi glass fiber tank
halo b
10" custom products barrel
double finger trigger
vertical feed
A-5 auto View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote A-5 auto Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 November 2004 at 11:39am
sounds cool to me!
Hey howd you do that?! Your funny hahaha shut up! FAPM forumers against Popemobile
jmstallard View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jmstallard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 November 2004 at 12:30pm
It might not be as expensive as you think. You save money overall by incorporating 3rd-party hardware into the assembly of your marker instead of a whole separate job including not only the chip, but the housing, packaging, marketing, and other assorted costs of over-the-counter chronos. Initially it would be expensive, because supply would be low and demand would be high, but I bet in a few years you could see on-board chronos as a $50 add-on option.
reincarnation14 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reincarnation14 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 November 2004 at 4:55pm
^^^yea i thats probably right
Diablo Mongoose 2
18in CP Barrel
adjustdable feedneck
FAPM-Formers Againts Pope Mobile

The South WILL Rise Again
A-5 auto View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote A-5 auto Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 November 2004 at 9:37pm
probably!!
Hey howd you do that?! Your funny hahaha shut up! FAPM forumers against Popemobile
Juno Trevan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Juno Trevan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 November 2004 at 3:47pm
Originally posted by Clark Kent Clark Kent wrote:

I have a car like that! It's an 86 Pontiac Pariseanne. Whew wee! Back then, that car was a luxury car! Now all my friends are so spoiled they think that that car is an outdated piece of junk. Only has 60000 miles on it too! I tell ya, people these days just don't appreciate what they have.
It is the strong that make the weak.
98c Dude13 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 98c Dude13 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 November 2004 at 7:03pm

That would truely be tubelar.

TIPPMANN 98 CUSTOM
14" Progressive barrel   
32* Black gel grips
BT-16 Double trigger
Pen Spring Mod
X-core Expansion Chamber
Vertical Adapter
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic