Tippmann Paintball Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Tippmann Paintball > Paintball Ideas / News From Tippmann
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

bayonets on a paintballgun

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fishkins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: bayonets on a paintballgun
    Posted: 11 December 2004 at 11:23am
im thinking if people made bayonets as little paintbrushes for close combat paintball. ehh? eh?
FireboM View Drop Down
Strike 1, Avatar was a No-No.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FireboM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 December 2004 at 11:30am
if your gonna be that close to someone dont ya think one of u woulda gottin shot by then? and even if you didnt then he would shoot you wen u tyed to use it. didnt ya notice that they dont use bayonets anymore for a reason? they dont work unless your enemy has a mussle loading rifle
"She's the one who keeps me all excited, she keeps me begging for more"
Never Leave-Seether
evan51887 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote evan51887 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 December 2004 at 3:22pm
Originally posted by FireboM FireboM wrote:

if your gonna be that close to someone dont ya think one of u woulda gottin shot by then? and even if you didnt then he would shoot you wen u tyed to use it. didnt ya notice that they dont use bayonets anymore for a reason? they dont work unless your enemy has a mussle loading rifle

The US and British still have 'bayonets' these days for very close combat fighting. They really aren't as much bayonets as they are combat knives that can be put on the barrel of a rifle.
FireboM View Drop Down
Strike 1, Avatar was a No-No.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FireboM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 December 2004 at 4:07pm
^^^^^ but still its kinda useless. ur gonna get shot before you can sneak up to someone. although it would be linka fun to play woodsball with only bayonets. it would be like swords only Halo 2
"She's the one who keeps me all excited, she keeps me begging for more"
Never Leave-Seether
A5 dude15 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
Guested Pottymouth

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote A5 dude15 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 December 2004 at 4:08pm
noone would ever  get that close to me in the first place. theyd get lit up
Juno Trevan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Juno Trevan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 December 2004 at 4:30pm
Actually yes they would get that close, but why would you want to have a bayonet when you could just barrel tag them? That's bayonet enough for me.

Put a plastic one or somethin on there for a scenario if you want. That's all I could see a use for it.
It is the strong that make the weak.
PaintBsniper View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaintBsniper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 December 2004 at 5:00pm
It would make barrel tagging alot more fun but the only real use for it would be in scenario games
I dont care what you say there are snipers in paintball
evil_fingers View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Strike 1 - Inappropriate sig

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote evil_fingers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 December 2004 at 5:24pm
Oh no...not the Paintball Bayonet thread again!!!!
Do not steal....the government hates competition!
Darur View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Stare directly into my avatar...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Darur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 December 2004 at 8:33pm
Originally posted by evil_fingers evil_fingers wrote:

Oh no...not the Paintball Bayonet thread again!!!!

Hmmm, how long till the paint knife thread ya think?
Real Men play Tuba

[IMG]http://img89.imageshack.us/img89/1859/newsmall6xz.jpg">

PH33R TEH 1337 Dwarf!

DONT CLICK ME!!1
Juno Trevan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Juno Trevan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 December 2004 at 9:06pm
Make one, it'll be about two minutes.
It is the strong that make the weak.
Blue Hopper View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Blue Hopper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 December 2004 at 9:08pm

Originally posted by FireboM FireboM wrote:

^^^^^ but still its kinda useless. ur gonna get shot before you can sneak up to someone. although it would be linka fun to play woodsball with only bayonets. it would be like swords only Halo 2

Think about what you just said. Playing woodsball without paintball guns. That would just be a very crappy way to play tag.

Originally posted by <SPAN =bold>PaintBsniper</SPAN><BR> PaintBsniper
wrote:

It would make barrel tagging alot more fun but the only real use for it would be in scenario games

No

Edited by Blue Hopper
~p1y2r3o4~ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ~p1y2r3o4~ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 December 2004 at 9:08pm
yeah well how would the refs know if they got hit then?

wouldn't you have to make it like a paint grenade on the end so they have a visual hit
~~~~Shocker '03 Ultimate~~~~
Vision
Egg
68/45 Max-flo Tank

Tippmann 98 Custom
~No upgrades
reincarnation14 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reincarnation14 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 December 2004 at 11:45pm
Ok I thought this up when i was like 10 then i droped it cuz think of wat the thing would look like (a dildo) cuz its not gunna be in the perfect shape of a blade so if ur in the middle of a feild and some peeps see u pop out a dildo their gunna literlly kill u

good idea tho just try to think a lil bit longer on some of ur ideas
Diablo Mongoose 2
18in CP Barrel
adjustdable feedneck
FAPM-Formers Againts Pope Mobile

The South WILL Rise Again
sinisterNorth View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
1 strike, language, 10/3

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sinisterNorth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 December 2004 at 2:28pm
My question: How does the paint get on the "bayonet" and how does it not dry up?

Edited by sinisterNorth
Pumpker'd; (V.) When a pump player runs up and shoots you at point blank range because you thought 20bps made you good.
Darur View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Stare directly into my avatar...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Darur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 December 2004 at 2:55pm
Originally posted by sinisterNorth sinisterNorth wrote:

My question: How does the paint get on the "bayonet" and how does it not dry up?

Elves.

They hang off the brush by cords with cans of paint and they keep applying fresh paint to the tip.  If you leave them by the victim of your bayonet they write mean words all over their mask.
Real Men play Tuba

[IMG]http://img89.imageshack.us/img89/1859/newsmall6xz.jpg">

PH33R TEH 1337 Dwarf!

DONT CLICK ME!!1
choopie911 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Commie Canuck

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote choopie911 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 December 2004 at 3:06pm
I hate this idea, always have.
TruePaintballer View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Strike 1 - Spam 11-19

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TruePaintballer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 December 2004 at 4:18pm

The Paintball Bayonet...seems a little close to the nefarious Paintball Knife idea...

Outlaws
*Sponsors*
Abrika
JacBacpaintball View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JacBacpaintball Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 December 2004 at 4:30pm
sounds like a dumb idea
FLATLINES SUCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
DON'T BE AFRAID OF BALLZ!
my setup is
98 custom
double trigger
lapco bigshot 14 in.
12volt revolution

BradNowell View Drop Down
Not sensitive to others needs

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BradNowell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 December 2004 at 5:20pm
"When I travel through mountainous areas or places of questionable hillbilly population, I usually keep a gun in the vehicle"

-Da Hui
DracoPlasm View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
What is a DracoPlasm anyway?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DracoPlasm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 December 2004 at 5:21pm
it would be good for scenarion games maybe but thats all

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
  Share Topic