Tippmann Paintball Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Paintball Equipment > Gun Maintenace and Repair
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

recocking my tippmann a5

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ajk1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: recocking my tippmann a5
    Posted: 23 April 2005 at 7:23pm
hi i am having trouble with my a5---i am having to recock the gun every so often---the upgrades i have are flatline barrel and egrip---i have bought a new battery for the egrip and that didnt change anything and i have also tried a full co2 tank and that didnt work either---does anybody have any ideas that could fix this, thanks!!!!!
You Wont See Me View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Found in Big Al’s underwear drawer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Wont See Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 April 2005 at 8:22pm
Call Tippmann, chances are you wore out the sear.
A-5
E-Grip
JCS Dual Trigger
DOP X-CORE 8 stage x-chamber
Lapco Bigshot 14" Beadblasted

Optional setup:
R/T
Dead on Blade trigger
ac600ccer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ac600ccer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 April 2005 at 10:34pm
try a new drive spring.
my A-5 setup,sp freak kit,pro-seal powertube,E-grip,cp 45* drop,polished internals,GTA lpk,palmers fatty stab.crossfire 45/4500 ,dye rhino cover,jcs duel trigger
The Guy View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Soup Can Guy

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Guy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 April 2005 at 9:08am
if you sustain high rates of fire, the CO2 won't get a chance to expand all the way, and you will get pressure drops. There won't be enoung pressure to recock your gun.

*edit* oops I forgot the solution. Go with a remote line or expansion chamber. Try out cheaper solutions first though, like the new drive spring.

Edited by The Guy
xX_A-5_Xx View Drop Down
Strike One - Attempted filter flame 5/1

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote xX_A-5_Xx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 April 2005 at 9:28am
Take apart the gun and clean everything out then put it back in properly and it should work
A-5
R/T
32 degrees remote w/slide check
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic