Tippmann Paintball Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Paintball Equipment > Gun Maintenace and Repair
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

drying locktite question.....

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote blackdog144 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: drying locktite question.....
    Posted: 23 July 2005 at 10:35pm
how do you get locktite to dry faster? because i have a vertical adapter on my custom pro of course attached to the power tube.......its been drying for 3 days, and it looked almost dry so i put some co2 in it....but i still got leaks.....my guess is that it isnt dry enough yet......but how do you get locktite to dry faster?!?!?!

this is what it looks like so far

Edited by blackdog144

Enos Shenk View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
~-o@

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Enos Shenk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 July 2005 at 10:40pm
Dont use loctite to seal things. Use teflon tape.

Loctite is meant for holding things in place, like a bolt that might vibrate loose.
blackdog144 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote blackdog144 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 July 2005 at 10:42pm
tried it, doesnt work

The Guy View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Soup Can Guy

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Guy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 July 2005 at 11:58pm
then your not using it right.

Loc-tite doesn't seal.
hybrid-sniper View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

I feel violated.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hybrid-sniper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 July 2005 at 12:32am

Nice work. Did you use the blue stuff? Hopefully you did; otherwise, have fun getting the VA to break free from the red.

The Guy View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Soup Can Guy

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Guy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 July 2005 at 12:48am
try teflon paste if you need to.
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote blackdog144 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 July 2005 at 3:12am
i tried the paste to.....and im using red locktite....really easy to undo....i dont know why some people think its hard....

hybrid-sniper View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

I feel violated.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hybrid-sniper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 July 2005 at 12:51pm

Then you aren't using it correctly....

Maybe that's better.

Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote blackdog144 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 July 2005 at 3:14pm
ook if you want to, can you explaine the "correct" way to using it

Enos Shenk View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
~-o@

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Enos Shenk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 July 2005 at 5:06pm
Tear off about an inch of tape, fold it over lengthwise, wrap CLOCKWISE around the fitting.
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote blackdog144 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 July 2005 at 6:10pm
umm i did that, and i still got leaks....................

Stormcharger View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stormcharger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 July 2005 at 6:16pm
If teflon tape is not providing a seal, then your fittings are bad and need to be replaced.  Enos does actually know what he's talking about, but if you don't feel the need to heed his advice, then wrapping about eight feet of duct tape around your head should solve your problem.
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote blackdog144 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 July 2005 at 2:08am
ill pretend i didnt read that.....so i think ill go with Enos advice

Stormcharger View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stormcharger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 July 2005 at 12:11pm

Originally posted by blackdog144 blackdog144 wrote:

ill pretend i didnt read that.....so i think ill go with Enos advice

Probably a good idea. 

Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote blackdog144 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 July 2005 at 2:03pm
ya

bullseye9 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bullseye9 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 July 2005 at 7:25pm
is it cross threaded? if you cross threaded it it will never seal.
Tippmann A-5
E-Grip
JCS DUAL Trigger
14" J&J ceramic
68/4500
bullet drop
macro line
polished internals
LPK

The damage done to a man should be such that there is no fear of revenge!!!
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote blackdog144 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 July 2005 at 8:45pm
no, its not cross threaded.....i carefully put it on....right now, i have like umm 3 days of locktite on it, and it still leaked, then i expirimented and put liquid teflon on the locktite, barrely any leaks, but i didnt cover the whole thread with the teflon......so im letting it dry now, hopfully no leaks

The Guy View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Soup Can Guy

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Guy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 July 2005 at 10:08pm
ugh, liquid teflon is not a glue type sealant. When you remove the powertube, you need to scrape off all that old loc-tite, then start fresh by brushing on a little liquid teflon, then let it set up as the instructions state. You're better off using teflon tape though.
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote blackdog144 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 July 2005 at 1:21am
dang never came with any instructions.....it came with locktite thread sealent......well if this doesnt work, i have no other choice, so ill do what you say

Bruce A. Frank View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
KRL Reincarnated?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bruce A. Frank Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 July 2005 at 1:33am

Originally posted by blackdog144 blackdog144 wrote:

dang never came with any instructions.....it came with LocTite thread sealent......well if this doesn't work, i have no other choice, so ill do what you say

Fact of the mater is that tapered pipe threads used in the gas line connections to the ASA and the valve should seal without Teflon or Loc Tite. The threads are tapered so that they fit closer and closer as the parts are screwed together. Teflon tape lubricates the threads so that you may tighten the union far enough to get things to seal. The liquid Teflon dope does a little bit of both...meaning that it lubricates and seals fairly well. Loc Tite is designed to hold things in place and will do some sealing but I have found it less suitable than Teflon tape unless you already have a good fitting threaded connection.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic