Tippmann Paintball Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Paintball Equipment > Gun Maintenace and Repair
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Co2 tank problem

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Strike 1 - Selling 11/1

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jl460u Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Co2 tank problem
    Posted: 26 November 2005 at 10:20am

have a 20oz co2 tank that has a slow leak, can i take it to a shop and get it fixed or would i have to buy a new one.  i have had the tank for several months so takeing it back to the shop is out of the question.

PS.  forgot to add its after i take the CO2 tank off my gun, the pin valve or what ever u call it leaks slowly after i take it off

Edited by jl460u
TIPPMANN A-5
REMOTE
18 INCH PRO-GRESSIVE BARREL
350 PTB HOPPER

COMING SOON
PALYMER REGULATOR
E-GRIP
hybrid-sniper View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

I feel violated.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hybrid-sniper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 November 2005 at 12:27pm
Take it to your shop, but if they charge a lot to fix the valve then just buy a new tank and ditch your current one.
brit1919 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote brit1919 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 November 2005 at 12:57am
the valve can get sticky sometimes...if it doesnt look straight then try moving it side to side to close the valve....just dont try taking the thing apart or itl blow up
Bruce A. Frank View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
KRL Reincarnated?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bruce A. Frank Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 November 2005 at 5:08am
Originally posted by jl460u jl460u wrote:

have a 20oz co2 tank that has a slow leak, can i take it to a shop and get it fixed or would i have to buy a new one.  i have had the tank for several months so takeing it back to the shop is out of the question.

PS.  forgot to add its after i take the CO2 tank off my gun, the pin valve or what ever u call it leaks slowly after i take it off

Take a little hardwood mallet or the plastic handle (not the blade end)of a small screw driver and bump the pin valve a few times...causing it to open and spit a little gas out. This may help the pin valve to re-seat or to blow out any trash or grit that has blocked the seat causing the leak.

When you get CO2 cylinders refilled they can pick up dirt from the refill process from a previous dirty valve that left grit in the refill station connectors. I have reseated the valve in several 20 oz CO2 bottles this way.

BTW, wear your goggles when you do this. Dirt getting spit out of a valve is traveling at a good clip and could irritate of damage an eye. 

This method also works on HPA tanks. Field filled HPA tanks have even a greater chance of getting dirt or grit inside during the refill process. If the HPA tank's refill nipple cover has been off during play dirt  can easily be hidden down inside the nipple when you connect the filling hose.

fullauto07 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fullauto07 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 November 2005 at 12:54pm

try oiling your gun,like take it all apart and oil all the o-rings and oil the tank o-ring to,if it still occurs then take it to the local paintball shop and c what they have to say about it.

my setup:
Tippmann A-5,with r/t trigger
14" Tippmann barrel
48 ci air america hpa tank
view loader 3+1 harnness
jt proteus mask
dye du rag
extream rage gloves
mytippyrules View Drop Down

Strike 1 - Sexual Slur 12/31

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mytippyrules Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 November 2005 at 2:14pm
Originally posted by fullauto07 fullauto07 wrote:

try oiling your gun,like take it all apart and oil all the o-rings and oil the tank o-ring to,if it still occurs then take it to the local paintball shop and c what they have to say about it.

wow do u kno hes talken about his tank...he doesnt have to oil his gun if his tank is leaking read before you post please and umm...im sure that a new tank nossle shouldnt cost more then 10 dollers.

Bruce A. Frank View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
KRL Reincarnated?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bruce A. Frank Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 November 2005 at 4:02am
Originally posted by mytippyrules mytippyrules wrote:

Originally posted by fullauto07 fullauto07 wrote:

wow do u kno hes talken about his tank...he doesnt have to oil his gun if his tank is leaking read before you post please and umm...im sure that a new tank nossle shouldnt cost more then 10 dollers.

Most shops will charge $15 to $25 to change a tank valve (cost of new valve and labor to remove the old and install a new one) There are many online stores that sell 20 oz CO2 tanks for less than $18.

dyedude0007 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dyedude0007 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 December 2005 at 3:34pm

i would just play with a small leak,but if its leaking really bad then take it to a shop

later

98% of people on this forum listen to rap music, if your the other 2% put your sig.

98% of teens have tryed pot if your the other 2% put your sig.

PAIN is GOOD it lets you know your ALIVE.
gomez583 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gomez583 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 December 2005 at 11:31pm
Tippmann 98 Custom Pro E
Ricochet Apache LCD
Tapco T6 Stock
10 Pc Empire Barrel Kit
Low Pressure Kit
Palmer Male Stabilizer
Ape Board
Ape Trigger
D H Titanium Hammer (soon)
ShortyBP View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

A G F Y

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ShortyBP Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 December 2005 at 9:21am
Go with Bruce's "fix" advice before anything else. It does sound like it just needs to be reseated. Could be as simple as it being clogged up with all the nasties that accumulate in the bulk tanks and get passed on to yours.
demon13 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote demon13 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 December 2005 at 9:25am
JUST BUY A NEW TANK 24.00 AT WALMART
D-E-M-O-N
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic