Forum Home Forum Home > News And Views > Upcoming Events
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

NJ NAM ’07

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Hipster before Hipster was cool...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tallen702 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: NJ NAM ’07
    Posted: 09 April 2007 at 6:12pm
Getting closer, only 2 months away. Who all is going and what side are you playing for?
<Removed overly wide sig. Tsk, you know better.>
ShortyBP View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

A G F Y

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ShortyBP Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 April 2007 at 9:03pm
VC!
Pate View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
Ladyboy

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pate Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 April 2007 at 3:19pm
I should be there with my team.

It feels good to be a gangster
Evil Elvis View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Crusher of Dreams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Evil Elvis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 April 2007 at 8:19pm
Representin' VC
Rambino View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
I am even less fun in person

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rambino Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 April 2007 at 10:33pm

Originally posted by ShortyBP ShortyBP wrote:

VC!

The guy that got me seriously into paintball was a gentleman of Vietnamese extraction.  His standard paintball gear, for any game, was VC pajamas, complete with straw hat.

He didn't actually speak Vietnamese, but he made sure to learn a few key phrases, which he loved to shout with great enthusiasm.

I was always a little nervous to stand too close to him during games.

Edited by Rambino - 26 April 2007 at 10:34pm
[IMG]http://i38.tinypic.com/aag8s8.jpg">
Simma Down!! View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Simma Down!! Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 May 2007 at 10:29am
Ill be there on the VC side as well. I also registered as a medic this time and will have two others that registered as engineers.

Look forward to meeting up with everyone again.

Edited by Simma Down!! - 09 May 2007 at 10:30am
POLISHNIGHTMARE View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote POLISHNIGHTMARE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2007 at 7:20pm
T.S.S.O.C. runnin with U.S.Forces see ya in a couple weeks.
NIGHTMARE

Proudly sponsored by Tippmann
mod98commando View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mod98commando Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2007 at 2:12am
Hey guys, been quite some time since I've been here. I haven't played in so long but I'm dying to gather my crap and hit the field again for a scenario or two. I plan on hitting skirmish for dday and I'm interested in this game since it's in NJ. I absolutely want to make it out for this one, it sounds like it'll be a great game. I'll post here again if I will definitely be attending. For those of you who have gone before (and camped on-site), how is the camping situation? Is it crowded or otherwise...unpleasant? I was planning on going camping with some friends this year anyway so I'm going to try and talk them into making this a camping/scenario game trip since the camp site is free.

Edited by mod98commando - 13 May 2007 at 2:31am
oreomann33: Everybody invades Poland

Rofl_Mao: And everyone eats turkey

Me: But only if they're hungary

Mack: Yeah but hungary people go russian through their food and end up with greece on everyth
Evil Elvis View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Crusher of Dreams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Evil Elvis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2007 at 6:15pm
It's in an Airport, well private airport. It's the first year it's being held there so for camping I guess you'll find out when we do. Thou Chuck (pyro paintball) is always cool about camping. Usually at his events like any other events you have numerous "tent" cities of teams and the few walk ons and other misc peeps that show up.
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mod98commando Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2007 at 7:46pm
Well, it seems as if they'd have plenty of camping space for people to spread out a little so I guess crowding won't be much of an issue. I tried talking my friends into the camping/paintball idea but they're being pansies about it so I'll probably go by myself or find somebody else that's willing to go. I just have to make sure I can afford this and then I'll sign myself up. Do you have to call them to register or do they have an online form thingy? I'm still havin trouble figuring out which side to join too, seems like both could be pretty fun. I think I may join the US team though, they have a losing streak to break if I'm not mistaken and I'd like to help them try .

Mack: Yeah but hungary people go russian through their food and end up with greece on everyth
Reb Cpl View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Has to say "yes" to "are you a cop?"

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Reb Cpl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2007 at 8:46am

Not making it this year. I had to drop $118 on a teaching certification exam that is scheduled for the same weekend as the game. I had all intentions of getting there this time around too.  

Good luck boys.

ShortyBP View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

A G F Y

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ShortyBP Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2007 at 9:49am
Originally posted by mod98commando mod98commando wrote:

I think I may join the US team though, they have a losing streak to break if I'm not mistaken and I'd like to help them try .
Just be sure to tell us what you'll be wearing and what you look like...

... not that we'd be gunning for you or anything.
Anarc View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Anarc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2007 at 7:14pm
When's the game? I know I can probably find it if I look but I figure it'll be easier if I ask someone here.
ShortyBP View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

A G F Y

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ShortyBP Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2007 at 8:47am
First weekend of June. 2-1/2 weeks.
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mod98commando Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2007 at 5:56am
Originally posted by ShortyBP ShortyBP wrote:

... Just be sure to tell us what you'll be wearing and what you look like...

... not that we'd be gunning for you or anything.

Lol, why not? That's half the fun . I think I convinced one of my friends to head down there with me so it's almost definite now. He seems to want to play for the VC for some reason so I'll most likely be playing with you guys instead of against. You can still hunt me down though if you like .

Good luck on your test Reb, there's always next year for the game.

Edited by mod98commando - 17 May 2007 at 5:57am

Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Simma Down!! Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2007 at 11:05am
Ill be on the VC as well. Shorty, look forward to meeting up with you again. If all goes as planned im registered as a medic and have been talking to Redraider a little about it. Either way I just blew a couple hundred buying some more supplies :) ie: tacten vest, medic bag, boots, armband, pods, new radios, throat mic, case of nades.

Guess I had a little too much fun last year.
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mod98commando Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2007 at 11:01am
Hey, did all of you use the online registration form? I was going to register yesterday but I think there are some mistakes on it. For starters, it charges $60 for registration and the site said it's supposed to be $50 until the 23rd (EDIT: They changed the cutoff to the 18th after I emailed them, LAME). Then, according to Chuck, there are no meal tickets being sold for this game but there is still an option to buy one. Luckily I emailed him before paying for anything. Have you guys had any issues with the online registration?

Simma, where did you get your vest from? I've been thinking about getting a new one lately and I've been looking at the ones from PCS and Specops but I'm not sure what to get. I'm leaning towards the Blackcell vest from Specops but I also like the Encounter from PCS. I like the Blackcell mainly because it can be customized and I already have some pockets and stuff that I can put on it. I'm curious about the quality though since it costs $100 and I'd hate to spend that kind of money on a crappy vest.

EDIT: Bought the blackcell since a bunch of other vests from Specops got good reviews. I couldn't find reviews on the blackcell but since it's made by the same people I figure it will be made just as well.

Edited by mod98commando - 22 May 2007 at 5:40am

Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Simma Down!! Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 May 2007 at 8:20am
commando

I bought the tac ten from RAP4.

http://rap4.com/paintball/os/paintball-vest-c-33_363.html

I recieved it and was also skeptical about the quality since it was 100 dollars. So far what I see, I really like. Its a lightweight mesh and extremely comfortable.

Sorry I was a little late in getting back to you. Hope you like the blackcell.
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mod98commando Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 2007 at 12:17am
Originally posted by Simma Down!! Simma Down!! wrote:

Sorry I was a little late in getting back to you. Hope you like the blackcell.

No biggie, wasn't a life or death matter . I hope I like it too, friggin thing cost a lot and I want to use it at NJ Nam. I have to go find some nice digital camo to match it though, I only have woodland and realtree stuff. The one you got is nice, looks like some of the ones I was considering before I found the blackcell. I mainly went with that because I like to change stuff around from time to time and it would suck to have a buttload of pockets when I only plan on carrying like a grenade and a radio. Also, I didn't realize that Specops is actually COPS911 (old name) so that's a little reassuring. I have a chest pack and a pistol holster from them and both are very well made. The chest pack is being replaced only because it doesn't like to stay put on me and I have nowhere to put my camelback with that thing. In any case, I'm dying to hit the field again since it's been well over a year since I last got to play. See you all there.

Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mod98commando Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 May 2007 at 3:42am
Anybody check the weather recently? Looks like rain and thunderstorms all weekend . I hope it gets really windy and the bad weather passes on thursday or friday so it's nice on game day.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic