Tippmann Paintball Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Paintball Equipment > Gun Maintenace and Repair
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

a5 cyclone feed not working

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dtownsend Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: a5 cyclone feed not working
    Posted: 03 February 2008 at 1:13pm

I've had my a5 now for 3 years.  It worked great until a few months ago and suddenly the cyclone feed stopped working.  It will shoot great at first then just stop feeding.  I have read through this forum and found no answers.  After replacing the internal parts of my cyclone feed with the vortex mods I decided to purchase an entirely new cyclone feed.  This didnt help either.  I have replaced the power tube and bolt with both the stock tippman parts and after market parts.  I have replaced every oring available.  Replaced the bolt spring.  Tried shooting with my remote line and without, connected the co2 bottle directly to the marker and still not working.  The only thing left to do is purchase a new valve but at this point i have more than 2/3 the money in repairs than what I could've bought a new a5 for.  I hate to waste more money.  My a5 has no visable damage, been properly maintained, flatline barrel, egrip, stock, bipod, remote.  It will shoot as long as I manually feed the ball.  I have noticed that the velocity has been down. was only able to obtain 270bps max.  the outside tempature is 60 deg. at time of play. Any suggestions?

StormyKnight View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote StormyKnight Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 February 2008 at 5:03pm
I have no idea myself.  I'm not a big DYI as far as troubleshooting my marker.  Outside of taking it to the paintball shop, call Tippmann Service.  They are the best in the business.  They might be able to help you over the phone if you tell them what you've done.  If you send your marker to them, typically all you'll have to pay for is the parts and shipping.
Papiriqui629 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Papiriqui629 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 February 2008 at 7:57am

Your problem is the Cyclone, nothing that you've done so far has anything to do with your actual problem. Im sorry you had to spend all that money but for future reference, just search a lot before even spending the money.

Take out the bottom plate of the cyclone, it has 4 screws. Once you have done this, you will see what is called the RATCHET which is a plastic/rubber thing which is attached to the rod which is what makes the cyclone turn and feed. You will see something that looks similar to a star going thru the ratchet and that makes contact with the ratchet. Where it makes contact, that should be worn, the stock ratchet since is made out of cheap material will wear off really quick, i suggest buying the JCS metal ratchet which that will never happen again. Anyways here is a photograph of what the cyclone will look like once you take the plate off.

http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a204/Papiriqui/A-5CycloneI nternals.gif

Edited by Papiriqui629 - 04 February 2008 at 7:57am
dtownsend View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dtownsend Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 February 2008 at 8:36am

Just to clarify to everyone I have already changed the RATCHET with the metal JCS part.  didn't fix it so I installed a brand new tippmann cyclone. everything about the cyclone is new. obviously this didn't work either.  I have received a couple private messages telling me how to fix it by changing the RATCHET.  I appreciate the help but as I listed in my original message I have already done that. 

SSOK View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
The Savior of Christmas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SSOK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 February 2008 at 12:17pm
Do you have a buddy with an A5 around? Try swapping the cyclones around to see what happens and then come back. If his cyclone does not work on your gun, or if your cyclone(s) work on his, and you replaced most of the internal valve parts, it may be your drive spring is weak or poor sealing of the hammer resulting to less gas.

Or your Tippmann has a hex on it by some witchcraft Ion user.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic