Tippmann Paintball Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Tippmann Paintball > Paintball Ideas / News From Tippmann
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedMonster Ball paint.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author

Property of: Mack

Direct Link To This Post Topic: Monster Ball paint.
    Posted: 23 September 2008 at 11:35am

OK, so anyone who plays knows that when you get hit by monster balls, they hurt.

Because the paint hardly ever breaks. This is because it is easy for them to ship to large companies without their product breaking in shipping, therefore resulting in lower spoilage costs.

The problem is that someone is going to get seriously injured because of this paint.

Contact Wal-Mart and let them know how you feel about Monster paint. Ask them to get Brass Eagle to change the formulation so that the paint actually breaks...

http://walmartstores.com/contactus/feedback.aspx

Also contact Brass Eagle directly and ask the same.

http://www.brasseagle.com/customerservice/customer.asp

If enough of us contact them, they will fix this paint, and we may actually save someones life.

Try being informed instead of just opinionated. How long before you admit that Obama was a mistake?
XDG SCORPION View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 September 2008 at 11:46am

---------

Edited by Rambino - 23 September 2008 at 1:31pm
jmac3 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Official Box Hoister

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 September 2008 at 12:33pm
Monster balls are hardly harder than any other paint.

Have you ever played with reballs? They don't break by design and we still play with those at 280 fps.

Que pasa?

Skillet42565 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Strike 1: Taunting Mods on Facebook

TechPB Mike is nothing but a liar and hypocrite.
Snake6 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Outranked by guitarguy?

Meh,

Mike=superlame.

Mods contacted.
slackerr26 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
Strike 2 - language, 8/20

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 September 2008 at 2:07pm
monster balls suck
XDG SCORPION View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 September 2008 at 2:33pm
Originally posted by Snake6 Snake6 wrote:

Meh,

Mike=superlame.

Mods contacted.

Just for putting a video up  you contact the mods. wow

Originally posted by slackerr26 slackerr26 wrote:

monster balls suck

I agree with you there

Edited by XDG SCORPION - 23 September 2008 at 2:33pm
jmac3 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Official Box Hoister

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 September 2008 at 3:23pm
Originally posted by XDG SCORPION XDG SCORPION wrote:

Originally posted by Snake6 Snake6 wrote:

Meh,

Mike=superlame.

Mods contacted.

Just for putting a video up  you contact the mods. wow

Language my friend, language.
Que pasa?

The Guy View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Soup Can Guy

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 September 2008 at 4:02pm
Have you ever actually been shot with those paintballs? On a field?

Do you do everything Mike tells you to?

If anyone is trying to destroy this industry, it's Mike. By blacklisting sites and telling people not to go to them, he is just tearing everything apart.

This business with the monster balls now is ridiculous. Obviously he had a bad experience with them or something, its been proven before in his videos that he is biased, and use a little bit of film techniques to trick people into seeing something else.

I bet if he stubbed his toe on a Tippmann, he would begin a campaign to ban Tippmann guns, and make all sorts of bogus videos that illustrate how dangerous they are.

All he does is make a bunch of publicity stunts to make himself look like a good guy.

• He went off on PBN purely as a publicity stunt, the so-called flamers that he was trying to get away from, is exactly what followed him to his new site.
  • The "Baby Nora Fund" that he got so much press for, for helping out that poor baby ( and i fully acknowledge that it was a bad situation), was started as a vigilante fund to catch the people that did this, circumventing the police in the process.
Now he is attempting to isolate people from his site, by banning PBN and PBC members on site. So explain to me how all of that is supposed to be "good" for the sport.

Edited by The Guy - 23 September 2008 at 4:14pm
Mack View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Has no impulse! control

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 September 2008 at 4:35pm
Originally posted by The Reaper The Reaper wrote:

OK, so anyone who plays knows that when you get hit by monster balls, they hurt.

No, not really.  At least not more so than any other paint.

Of course, being as I am ex-military I may be tougher than you.  Although, since my time was spent in the Air Force, some of the ex/current Marines/Soldiers on here may disagree about the additional level of toughness that time helped me achieve.

Perhaps, I'm just naturally tougher than you.  Oh, wait a minute; my 10 year-old niece doesn't whine about being shot with Monster Balls either . . . she must be tougher than you as well.
jordanpischke View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 September 2008 at 5:58pm
Monsterballs aren't really that hard. Now those tacamo balls from walmart those things are extremely hard. In fact most of the monster balls I have had had been perfect, just a little soft so they break quite easily.
a_sock View Drop Down
closet MILSIMer, rides WAAHMbulance

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 September 2008 at 6:48pm

Im just waiting till mike gets on the news for cult activities...

its easy to be famous, just set yourself on fire
Mack View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Has no impulse! control

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 September 2008 at 6:54pm
Originally posted by a_sock a_sock wrote:

Im just waiting till mike gets on the news for cult activities...

PBCers are coming for us . . . drink the Koolaid before they get here.
Rambino View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
I am even less fun in person

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 September 2008 at 7:00pm
Originally posted by Mack Mack wrote:

No, not really.  At least not more so than any other paint.

Of course, being as I am ex-military I may be tougher than you.  Although, since my time was spent in the Air Force, some of the ex/current Marines/Soldiers on here may disagree about the additional level of toughness that time helped me achieve.

Perhaps, I'm just naturally tougher than you.  Oh, wait a minute; my 10 year-old niece doesn't whine about being shot with Monster Balls either . . . she must be tougher than you as well.

I lol'ed.

[IMG]http://i38.tinypic.com/aag8s8.jpg">
The Reaper View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 September 2008 at 8:03am

Last game at my private field a guy was hit in the neck with a monsterball from 30 feet.

The paintball didn't break, but his skin did. He had a huge welt within minutes and it was bleeding.

I've been hit in the neck countless times, no problem. The only difference was monster balls.

I got hit in the fore arm by a monster ball, it left a huge welt as it didn't break.

I then had a buddy hit me on the other arm from the same distance with a combat camo paintball. It broke and didn't even leave a mark.

Of course you guys are too tough to be smart enough to realize a dangerous product.

Keep preaching tough, and when some mom picks up paint for her kids and one of them gets hit in the temple and dies, then you can brag about how that kid wasn't as "tough" as your niece...

idiots.

Fact is, They make monsterballs to be able to handle the rigors of shipping without breakage. This is done to increase revenue and at a cost to product safety. Of which you are too "tough" to understand.

I guess that is why the sport gets smaller each year. A bad product is allowed because to actively try to get it changed might be deemed "wimpy"...

As a grown up man, I don't need to "prove" my toughness.

Monsterballs are a dangerous product. Plain and simple.

Edited by The Reaper - 24 September 2008 at 8:05am

Try being informed instead of just opinionated. How long before you admit that Obama was a mistake?

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 September 2008 at 8:06am
Oh, and I have USAA insurance... tough guy.

im_new View Drop Down

Guested, language

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 September 2008 at 9:41am
im so "tuff" i dont wear a mask
98 custom pro e-trigger
flatline
torque loader
tippmann expansion chamber

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 September 2008 at 9:54am

Rambino View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
I am even less fun in person

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 September 2008 at 11:04am

I was kind of with you until you whipped out the medals.

I hope you understand just how dorky that makes you look.

[IMG]http://i38.tinypic.com/aag8s8.jpg">
Mack View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Has no impulse! control

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 September 2008 at 11:27am

Last game at my private field a guy was hit in the neck with a monsterball from 30 feet.

The paintball didn't break, but his skin did. He had a huge welt within minutes and it was bleeding.

You can get bleeding welts from close range hits in paintball through clothes and on bare skin with or without the paint breaking.  It's kind of the nature of the game.

I've been hit in the neck countless times, no problem. The only difference was monster balls.

So, you've been hit at exactly the same velocity, from the same marker, at the same distance countless times.  I assume a myriad of other variables regarding wind and temperature and the age of the paint and how it was stored, both by the dealer and the purchaser, were identical as well?  Doubtful.

I got hit in the fore arm by a monster ball, it left a huge welt as it didn't break.

Paint that doesn't break (of any type) tends to leave larger welts.  It has to do with the way the kinetic energy of the paintball is dispersed upon contact with the target.  I have had similar hits from all kinds of paint.  It has less to do with paint brand and a lot more to do with how the paint was maintained/stored, the velocity the ball is moving at when it makes contact and the interaction of the paint with environmental factors such as wind and humidity.

I then had a buddy hit me on the other arm from the same distance with a combat camo paintball. It broke and didn't even leave a mark.

Good for you.  The science of your testing was obviously so precise.  I'm sure that you perfectly replicated the conditions of the original Monster Ball hit.  /sarcasm

Again, this proves nothing.  I find it highly doubtful that you set up your "experiment" to include all the variables necessary to make it a valid comparison.  The fact that you tried to replicate a single incident in and of itself as opposed to testing to demonstrate trends is indicative of you lack of understanding of scientific principals.

Of course you guys are too tough to be smart enough to realize a dangerous product.

No, we're just mature enough to realize that if you choose to participate in a sport where you run around launching projectiles at each other there is a certain risk involved.  We also take responsibility for our own actions by acknowledging that since we do this activity of our own free will, and are free to quit at any time, that any painful consequences are as a result of our decisions.  Thus, we elect to accept responsibility for the consequences of our actions as opposed to reacting with whining and finger-pointing when things don't necessarily turn out the way we would like.

Keep preaching tough, and when some mom picks up paint for her kids and one of them gets hit in the temple and dies, then you can brag about how that kid wasn't as "tough" as your niece...

If theoretical aforementioned "kid" gets hit in the temple and dies, my question would be where was his mask?

idiots.

Ah . . . name calling . . . always the hallmark of a thoughtful and mature debater.

Fact is, They make monsterballs to be able to handle the rigors of shipping without breakage.

It would probably be safe to assume that all paint manufacturers do this; otherwise they wouldn't sell much paint.

This is done to increase revenue and at a cost to product safety. Of which you are too "tough" to understand.

The fact is that paintball is about eliminating your opponents.  To do so one must successfully place a paint splat upon said opponent.  If Monster Balls were really so much tougher than other paint, people would quit buying them because of the frustration involved with failing to eliminate opponents after successfully stalking/shooting them.  Thus, if you really had any basis for your position, the problem would basically be self-solving as disgruntled customers quit buying Monster Balls in mass.

I guess that is why the sport gets smaller each year.

Wow, that is the most obvious example of usage of the "insert hand down back of pants and pull out a fact" technique I have ever seen.  Paintball participation is not down.  In fact paintball is a growing sport.  This article from the WARPIG site explains the results of the most recent SGMA survey.  (For those who don't want to read, I will sum it up:  Changes to the survey which improved it's accuracy provided data that paintball participation was approximately half of what previous surveys indicated.  However, it is still a growing sport, with losses among the traditional paintball demographic being offset by gains in non-traditional demographics.)

A bad product is allowed because to actively try to get it changed might be deemed "wimpy"...

If it was a bad product, it wouldn't survive.  That is basic economics.

As a grown up man, I don't need to "prove" my toughness.

Never said you did.  I just indicated that I have not seen the whining about Monster Ball brutality that you apparently have.  (I am curious though, if you are so secure in your toughness, why did you feel the need to post pictures of medals later on?)

Monsterballs are a dangerous product. Plain and simple.

If this is true, then it will, as I mentioned before, be a self-solving problem.  Either the manufacturer will be forced to remove/improve the product for sake of their profit margin, or someone will sue them.  Given the litigious nature of our society; the fact that someone has not already instituted a lawsuit over the dangers of this product lead me to believe that such dangers are an exaggerated menace that exists solely in the minds of those who are easily influenced by internet personalities.

Originally posted by Rambino Rambino wrote:

I was kind of with you until you whipped out the medals.

I hope you understand just how dorky that makes you look.

I guess I'll keep mine in the box then. 

Edited Note:  The one problem that I do have with Monster Balls isn't really Monster Ball related but is a symptom of a more widespread issue:  I refuse to buy paint from the big stores like Wal-Mart.  Such places with their minimum wage employees and wide inventory really have no understanding of the sport or equipment/materials involved.  This results in paint that is substandard in some way because of improper storage/handling.  The time spent in the supply chains of such places does not help the paint quality either.  While I am not saying that all of their paint is in bad condition, I have had enough bad experiences that I choose to get my paint elsewhere.

On a related note, listening to a Wal-Mart employee explain paintball safety to a family with a young child (way to young to be playing with paintball markers) last year led to a conversation that almost resulted in me being asked to leave the store.  (The employidiot compared paintball guns to dart guns at one point.)

Edited by Mack - 24 September 2008 at 2:57pm
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
  Share Topic