Tippmann Paintball Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Paintball Equipment > Gun Maintenace and Repair
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

slide checks suck

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ajbjoust Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: slide checks suck
    Posted: 12 November 2008 at 9:55pm
So I have used my slide check 5 times and every time I have to replace a o-ring. It seems to always go out right as Im flanking. So im looking to replace it with this. http://www.palmer-pursuit.com/cart/index.php?main_page=produ ct_info&cPath=21&products_id=116  only question i have is . Does it allow bleed off like a slide check or do I have to dry fire. Thanks in advance

Edited by ajbjoust - 12 November 2008 at 9:55pm
A-5, BT M16 barrel, 6 post. stock, polished internals, RT, Vortex-Lightning Rod-Squishy Paddels-QEPH, remote line
ekeboo View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
strike 1 5/1 Filter dodge

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ekeboo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 November 2008 at 10:34pm
Im pretty sure your gonna have to dry fire that one..

FarSeer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FarSeer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 November 2008 at 1:26am
If you want a bleed or purge valve, you might want to look along these lines: http://www.swagelok.com/downloads/webcatalogs/EN/MS-01-62.pd f

You should combine the on/off valve you posted with this.

Edited by FarSeer - 13 November 2008 at 1:43am
Ken Majors View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
Tree? What tree? OW!!!! Dangit!!!!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ken Majors Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 November 2008 at 6:24pm
Not sure where I got it, but I have a slide check that uses no orings.

Thought it was Allen Paintball....but they don't show it on their website anymore.

It has no orings to fail, and it's lubricated with some kind of monkey spit that never wears out.
Bought it at a booth at TWC in 2002 and it has never failed and works great.

Suddenly, I realized I didn't help you at all.
RLTW
thejudge View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thejudge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 November 2008 at 12:08am
do you oil the slide check before and after each use?  if you do it should solve the problem.  a little oil always helps.
Stay low, run fast, and hope that paintball doesn't hit your...
ajbjoust View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ajbjoust Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 November 2008 at 9:15am
Yes i do oil it every time before and after. Seems to work fine until its crunch time and that sucks when it goes out then
A-5, BT M16 barrel, 6 post. stock, polished internals, RT, Vortex-Lightning Rod-Squishy Paddels-QEPH, remote line
thejudge View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thejudge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 November 2008 at 4:36pm
what color are the o rings you are using?  Different o rings tend to be better than others depending on the material. you also just might have a deffective one.  i have never had a problem with mine.
ajbjoust View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ajbjoust Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 November 2008 at 9:57pm

I have the white/clear o-rings and it works for like a hour or two then it goes out

thejudge View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thejudge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 November 2008 at 10:13pm
that is wierd.  the slide you got must be deffective.  mine is older and beat up but never leaks on me *knocks on wood*
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic