Tippmann Paintball Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Tippmann Paintball > Paintball Ideas / News From Tippmann
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

making paintball bunkers

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote E-Wall Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: making paintball bunkers
    Posted: 27 March 2006 at 7:27pm

I want to build a paintball feild of my own but dont know what kind of material for bunkers to use.  Yeah go ahead say wood.  but how do i prop a wooden bunker up if there isn't a tree around.  I am open to any ideas at all

Ashdawg View Drop Down
Official Forum Drama Queen of the Night

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ashdawg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 March 2006 at 9:36pm
you could use a mixture of 55 gallon drums and nail two pallets together and stand them up to form a "v" shape. Having two nailed together on one side will give them enough stability to stand upright. you could even dig a small trench just big enough for the very bottom of the pallet to rest in for added stability...Me and my friends actually used tarps once, yes, it was bootleg, but it worked out pretty well. We strung a piece of rope from two poles and drapped a tarp over it, it provides sufficient cover from paintballs. Variety is the key, the layout should be interesting. At least, thats how I see it. Now that I think about it, maybe you shouldn't use the tarp idea, it's pretty red-neck and most likely will give your field a bad reputation. Stick with the drums and pallets...maybe some of that large black plastic construction pipe, that's always cool. Old junk cars would be neat if you have any and you don't think it's an accident waiting to happen. It really depends on the size area you have...you could even use those containers like the ones on the back of semi-trucks...
"Too close for missles, switching to guns..."
MoNkeY Hunter View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MoNkeY Hunter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 March 2006 at 9:58pm
     To day I was working on my field and we just got 50 haybales from my nabor for free!!! So we are making a Big snake and we made our "fifty" out of two 55 gallon Drums with 2 tires on top of each with a stack of 3 tires in between them. On top of that our flag ins on a short pole in the middle of the stack of tires. Then our "Pillows" are pallets with a sheet of plywood on them. We also have 2 railroad trets, (if thats wast they are called) with 2 big sheets of tin on em. Our field is about 75feed long so we have to turn our guns down to like 185-235FPS. Just get creative and ue what ever you can.  
the flanker View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote the flanker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 March 2006 at 5:17pm
i have already made a field by using sandbags [ordered over the intenet] that we filled up with dirt only problem is for the first month they fall over alot because they havent "set" in yet

perhaps the greatest movie ever
kuhndog599 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
Strike 1, Language 5/4

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kuhndog599 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 March 2006 at 6:42pm
sand bags
model 98 - homemade handguard
solid stock - opsgear mag
polished internals
homemade sling - paintjob
operator barrel
progressive barrel
opsgear mag - stock

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote the flanker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 March 2006 at 8:42pm

yes

they were made from burlap and they work great^^^

Edited by the flanker - 28 March 2006 at 8:42pm

sn00py13 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sn00py13 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 March 2006 at 11:00pm
i used big wooden spools (electrician wire comes on um) and just pallets set up. Its a pretty sweet field (can post pics if asked). Also farm tile works well.
E-Wall View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote E-Wall Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 March 2006 at 8:05pm
wow how much where those bags?
MoNkeY Hunter View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MoNkeY Hunter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 March 2006 at 9:11pm

Originally posted by sn00py13 sn00py13 wrote:

i used big wooden spools (electrician wire comes on um) and just pallets set up. Its a pretty sweet field (can post pics if asked). Also farm tile works well.

True.

raflexjrsr View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote raflexjrsr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 April 2006 at 9:23pm

please post pics
nightfox9 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nightfox9 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 April 2006 at 1:57pm

Like this?

Edited by nightfox9 - 08 April 2006 at 1:58pm

-Tippmann 98 Custom
-20" J&J Ceramic Barrel
-Rocket Cock 2
-32 Degrees Remote Coil
-20oz Pure Energy Tank
McKnight576 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McKnight576 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 April 2006 at 8:18pm
Where did you buy the sandbag bunkers. I'm in the process of revamping a paintball field and sandbags would be perfect for what I need.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote the flanker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 April 2006 at 10:22pm

here is the link http://esandbags.com/ggg.html hope you like it!

Edited by the flanker - 08 April 2006 at 10:27pm

sporx View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sporx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 April 2006 at 12:21pm
I have my own field. I have a little bit of everything on my course. I mean it's fun to play on cuz we have couches, little boats, crates, those big wooden spool things, big wooden 90 degree angle things. You could use just about anything. Be creative.
Styro Folme View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Strike 1 - Rules 1 and 2

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Styro Folme Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 April 2006 at 10:06pm
plexiglass is always fun to experiment with.
X
__sneaky__ View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Voted 2010 Most Improved horse fondler.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote __sneaky__ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 April 2006 at 10:33pm
Originally posted by Styro Folme Styro Folme wrote:

well so is gasoline and touch exsplosives... that does'nt always mean its a good idea.
"I AM a crossdresser." -Reb Cpl

Forum Vice President

RIP T&O Forum
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Strike 1 - Rules 1 and 2

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Styro Folme Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 April 2006 at 11:03pm

Originally posted by __sneaky__ __sneaky__ wrote:

well so is gasoline and touch exsplosives... that does'nt always mean its a good idea.
just don't put honey on plexiglass and it's a good idea

X
nightfox9 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nightfox9 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 April 2006 at 12:56pm

What the flame?! lol

-Tippmann 98 Custom
-20" J&J Ceramic Barrel
-Rocket Cock 2
-32 Degrees Remote Coil
-20oz Pure Energy Tank
DsXz View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
Guested 3 strikes 10/25

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DsXz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 April 2006 at 5:32pm
cheapest way is to steal skids from behind super markets :D
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Strike 1 - Rules 1 and 2

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Styro Folme Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 April 2006 at 12:36am
Originally posted by nightfox9 nightfox9 wrote:

What the flame?! lol

put honey on superglass and it will creat an adhesive.  if it gets on your skin, you will have to rip your skin off.
X
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
  Share Topic