Tippmann Paintball Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Paintball Equipment > Gun Maintenace and Repair
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

BEST lubricant for the A5?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VimyRidge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: BEST lubricant for the A5?
    Posted: 28 May 2006 at 1:32pm

Hello All

For the past 2 years I've lubricated with the redz water based lubricant; which works fine. However I often wonder which other substances would work better. As an auto mechanic by trade, I can name at least 6 other things that would surfice, but wanted a second opinion.

So what non-paintball made lube would work best?

"The key in war isn't to die for your country, but to make the othe bastard die for his".
Bruce A. Frank View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
KRL Reincarnated?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bruce A. Frank Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 May 2006 at 5:32pm
Originally posted by VimyRidge VimyRidge wrote:

Hello All

For the past 2 years I've lubricated with the redz water based lubricant; which works fine. However I often wonder which other substances would work better. As an auto mechanic by trade, I can name at least 6 other things that would surfice, but wanted a second opinion.

So what non-paintball made lube would work best?

Something you are probably familiar with, air tool oil. I have been using that alone for everything but the E-Bolt ram for about 2.5 years now. It formulation is a light mineral oil...the same thing as Hoppes oil, which Tippman has sent samples of in every thing I have ordered from them.

Corteo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Corteo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 March 2007 at 8:51pm
I have been using a "sanctioned" paintball gun lubricant (do not recall the name) thus far. However, I recently purchased Militec-1 to lubricate my Balisong knife.

Here's the stupid question: Knowing full well that Militec-1 is originally intended for real firearms, I was wondering if it would be safe to use it for my A-5 (dropping a few drops in the ASA).

In all likelihood, the answer is yes, but I decided to see what others had to say, in case I am unaware of something.

-Joe

tallen702 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Hipster before Hipster was cool...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tallen702 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 March 2007 at 10:37pm
it probably is, Hoppes No9 is good, and what tippmann suggests.

Bruce, what about Dow-33/Shocker lube? I've used some on a few '98's (used it on the e-bolt I just did) and it seems to work fine and not wear-off as easily.
<Removed overly wide sig. Tsk, you know better.>
jedi mike0 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jedi mike0 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 March 2007 at 12:34am
Originally posted by Corteo Corteo wrote:

I have been using a "sanctioned" paintball gun lubricant (do not recall the name) thus far. However, I recently purchased Militec-1 to lubricate my Balisong knife.

Here's the stupid question: Knowing full well that Militec-1 is originally intended for real firearms, I was wondering if it would be safe to use it for my A-5 (dropping a few drops in the ASA).

In all likelihood, the answer is yes, but I decided to see what others had to say, in case I am unaware of something.

Hey, I recall reading in my Tippmann A-5 manual that it says not to use firearm lubricants, only premium paintball gun oil.

Edited by jedi mike0 - 30 March 2007 at 12:35am
Bruce A. Frank View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
KRL Reincarnated?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bruce A. Frank Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 March 2007 at 12:57am

Originally posted by jedi mike0 jedi mike0 wrote:

Originally posted by Corteo Corteo wrote:

Hey, I recall reading in my Tippmann A-5 manual that it says not to use firearm lubricants, only premium paintball gun oil.

Well, that is certainly odd. Hoppe's is one of the best firearm's oil around and is what Tippmann has been supplying for at least the 98Cs. The internal hammer, bolts and valve in the A-5 is identical...so why would there be a disclaimer for "gun oil?"

Corteo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Corteo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 March 2007 at 10:06am
Originally posted by jedi mike0 jedi mike0 wrote:

That is odd. I'll have to look at the manual thoroughly. I assumed that a high quality lubricant such as Militec-1 would be more than adequate for a paintball marker.

-Joe

g2environmental View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote g2environmental Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 December 2010 at 5:35am
This is a good topic. I've read about bio-lubricants. You can visit www.g2fueltechnologies.com to check for product listings and testimonials. No harm in tryingSmile
mrfeta View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mrfeta Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 July 2011 at 7:22am
have you tried this new lubricant yet? super slick slick stuff it works damn well, and it's a greaseless product so you don't have to worry about any mess! Try it out you won't be disappointed.
mrfeta View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mrfeta Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 July 2011 at 7:23am
sorry forgot the link super slick slick stuff

http://www.superslickstuff.com/
Ceesman762 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Time for a C-Section!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ceesman762 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 July 2011 at 10:19am
Originally posted by mrfeta mrfeta wrote:

sorry forgot the link super slick slick stuff

http://www.superslickstuff.com/

Is it petroleum based?  If it is then it will rot the O-rings so it would not be feasible to use it.
Innocence proves nothing
FUAC!!!!!

mrfeta View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mrfeta Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 July 2011 at 1:29pm
sorry for the late reply, but no it's not petroleum based. It's a synthetic lubricant. it's greaseless and doesn't gum-up.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic