Tippmann Paintball Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Tippmann Paintball > Marker Gallery
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

My er.......... Cannon! (Barrett M107 inspired A5)

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ArmyOfTwo EK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: My er.......... Cannon! (Barrett M107 inspired A5)
    Posted: 02 February 2011 at 7:35pm
Probably not to everyone's tastes, but this is my baby A5, which incidentally isn't just for looks.........

I also now run a TPX sidearm, but I have only just acquired this, so is stock out of the box............

EK

Skillet42565 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Strike 1: Taunting Mods on Facebook

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Skillet42565 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 February 2011 at 8:37am
I hate the bipod, not gonna lie, but other than that, its pretty awesome looking.
ArmyOfTwo EK View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ArmyOfTwo EK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 February 2011 at 10:14am
I did have a separate folding grip and bi pod on there but it was too cluttered for my taste, I prefer this one for the functionality........

And thanks for the honesty and compliment  Smile

EK

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ArmyOfTwo EK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 February 2011 at 10:20am
This is how she looked before with the old grip and bi pod set up -

Skillet42565 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Strike 1: Taunting Mods on Facebook

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Skillet42565 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 February 2011 at 3:09pm
That looks much better.
Evil Elvis View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Crusher of Dreams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Evil Elvis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 February 2011 at 7:45pm
I was expecting it all blinged out like in Army if Two. Looks good but looks real stock, a custom paintjob might put it into the unique category.

Edited by Evil Elvis - 03 February 2011 at 7:46pm

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ArmyOfTwo EK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 February 2011 at 3:35am
I have been toying with the idea of highly polishing the shroud, just I haven't had time for it to be complete before D10 this weekend, but don't worry - I thought of things along the same lines aswell.

It's far from finished.........

EK
Ceesman762 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Time for a C-Section!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ceesman762 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 February 2011 at 12:24pm
Is the shroud anodized?
Innocence proves nothing
FUAC!!!!!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ArmyOfTwo EK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 February 2011 at 2:31pm
No, just painted. Getting this weekend (District 10) out of the way and then I can set about changing the look of it..........

EK
ChEwYY$$ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ChEwYY$$ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 February 2011 at 2:56am
I like it, but do you have any issues with the functionality of the cyclone with the stovepipe connection how it is?
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Time for a C-Section!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ceesman762 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 February 2011 at 10:23am
plastic shroud?
Innocence proves nothing
FUAC!!!!!

Evil Elvis View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Crusher of Dreams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Evil Elvis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 February 2011 at 1:16pm
It's a sheet metal shroud. They cone powder coated from factory. OpsGear used to make them now RAP4 and other companies do.
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Time for a C-Section!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ceesman762 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 February 2011 at 4:45pm
ok, scotch brite or steel wool should take off the coating and polish it.
Innocence proves nothing
FUAC!!!!!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ArmyOfTwo EK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 February 2011 at 12:54am
Hiya, yes, it's a great piece of kit........ As for the 'Stove Pipe', there are absolutely no issues what so ever - I would not have able to fit a scope without it. The only things I want now are an adjustable sight rail riser and maybe an air through kit - I have been toying with the new Tacamo mag conversion kit, but I would have to look into a few things first........

EK
Arson24 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Arson24 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 February 2011 at 5:38pm
sick good job defintly better then the first bi-pod
my buddie destroyed his ankle and he has one of these so he is giving me
his so i cant wait!

MY TIPPMANN COLLECTION

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ArmyOfTwo EK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 February 2011 at 2:57am
Originally posted by Arson24 Arson24 wrote:

sick good job defintly better then the first bi-pod
my buddie destroyed his ankle and he has one of these so he is giving me
his so i cant wait!

Thanks buddy, when you do get you one, just don't expect to be running around like Rambo or anything with it. Even with a more 'normal' length of barrel the thing is still a bit on the heavier side of things!

EK
Arson24 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Arson24 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 February 2011 at 3:24am
Oh trust me i have used it a couple of times
Ya its heavy, but its got the egrip so really its more of a support marker
But might take down the shroud and trade it up for a UMP shroud
Not sure just yet

MY TIPPMANN COLLECTION
AgentSmith View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AgentSmith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 February 2011 at 9:35am

Not only is that a sweet marker but I see your dogs have been doing good as well!Smile

I show and judge field events in the states, but everybody knows Crufts!

Rob

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ArmyOfTwo EK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 February 2011 at 3:29pm
Thanks 'Smith, my baby is just going through it's aestetic changes, soon to have new paint job. And just had a full service with new internals from Tippmann techs at District 10 event.

The dogs? Yes, 3 Siberian Husky, 2 of which are qualified for this years Crufts in couple weeks time.........

EK
beachboyes View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote beachboyes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 March 2011 at 4:04pm
Sweet gun! I have a 98 custom and after I got it I wanted an A5 so I could do that.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic