Tippmann Paintball Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Paintball Equipment > Which Gun is Best
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

best beginner gun????

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote i-spackled-u Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: best beginner gun????
    Posted: 18 September 2004 at 9:53pm
ok i am a new player and have paintballed about 3 times befor and have decided to take the big plunge and buy a gun .... and i am wondering what gun i should get for under 175 dollars .. but nothing with some electronics cuz i will probaly get them  wet and fry it so post what u think i should start out with
Bomber Brigade View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bomber Brigade Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 September 2004 at 10:12pm

Tippmann 98 custom. It is very tough. It is highly upgradable. And the body and parts have been made the same for I believe 6 years. And so if your gun deos break you have tons of parts and upgrades. And tippmann if something breaks they will send you a new one. To an extent obviously. I myself have a 98 custom and I and the many other forums that I know love there 98 customs. And on pbreview it has a very high rating. I have yet to find something negative about the gun. And people whine about it being heavy it sure deosn't mind me and to be truthful I don't think its heavier then most guns. My friend got one and he loves his also plus if he got an electronic marker he would of deffinetely blown it up by now. They are little tanks.

i-spackled-u View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote i-spackled-u Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 September 2004 at 10:17pm
thanks ... and if i get an upgrade what should the first one be???
vftactical2 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vftactical2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 September 2004 at 10:17pm
04 vert i never used an autococker before an i got one and i had no probs what so ever as long as you dont replace anything like frame or pnuematics you wont have to time it
vf tactical, tactical kaner kit, worrgames unimount, evolution hopper,and pmi 3000psi tank,shocktech beaver tail,e2 frame,
hatespyders View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hatespyders Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 September 2004 at 10:40pm
TIPPMAN 98C
Roll Tide View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

NEVER had a STRIKE!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roll Tide Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 September 2004 at 11:21pm
Tippman 98 Custom for the above reasons. If you can get a deal on a Tippmann A-5 check out one of those. You could even look into Pro/Carbines... they are sweet, low-priced markers.
<Removed sig for violation of Clause 4 of the New Sig Rules>
Gatyr View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Strike 1 - Begging for strikes

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gatyr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 September 2004 at 11:41pm

Originally posted by i-spackled-u i-spackled-u wrote:

thanks ... and if i get an upgrade what should the first one be???

a better barrel. I would get the JMJ ceramic if i were you. one of the best barrels out there and its cheap too.

The Man View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Strike 1 - Stupidity

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The  Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 September 2004 at 12:26am
^^ or the Lapco Bigshot
Cp
critical
Bob Long
Lengens painball park

Team Rendition
Mind Storm View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mind Storm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 September 2004 at 2:38am

for the price range of about 200$ what is the best gun to start with.       And to start is tippmann the way to go

sorry for being a little off topic.

i-spackled-u View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote i-spackled-u Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 September 2004 at 10:53am
thanks guys i didnt no what u get but now i am goin to order a model 98c....... what websites can i get a good deal on one????
PROCARBINEϗ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PROCARBINEϗ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 September 2004 at 10:58am
www.pbgear.com

Gumbe View Drop Down
Guested: Don’t Go Away Mad, Just Go Away

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gumbe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 September 2004 at 11:35am
get the 98 custom it handle more upgrade....i had my 98 custom and i loved it. it was a tank ..i resently sold it(feels kinda empty with out it)
Marker set up:
None:<
WesterlyBaller View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WesterlyBaller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 September 2004 at 7:38am
start with a pump gun to get your basics down then move up to a semi-auto.
Tippmann A-5
Response Trigger
Solid Stock
16" Armson Barrel
Custom Cut Pro Carbine Barrel Shroud
Remote Line
Sight Rail
Araikon Overlord W/ leg hostler
Clark Kent View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Clark Kent Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 September 2004 at 10:10am

^^^^^^  disagree completely.

Playing pump in a "real" game of paintball is a good way to get frustrated and give up the game.  Don't handicap yourself when you are trying to learn.

If you play woodsball, a Tippmann 98 is a great starting gun in your price range.  And yes, a barrel is probably your first upgrade, and don't get the Thunder Pig barrel.

.-paintballa-. View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote .-paintballa-. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 September 2004 at 2:09pm

yo i was wonderin wear i can get a good deal on a tippmann 98 custom i was looking on ebay cheapest- 160 anything cheaper??

i was looking to upgrade  i am cureently using a brass eagle stingray, I LOVE IT its old its a semi-auto and its cheap it can hold some upgrades 2 i have some good memeries with it but i want to go 2 a tippmann 98 c and eventually a sniper scope and barrell

any 1 no where i can get a good deal?

thanks

paintballa

.-paintballa-. View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote .-paintballa-. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 September 2004 at 2:11pm
any 1???????????????????????????????
Subcidal View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Subcidal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 September 2004 at 6:29pm
Originally posted by .-paintballa-. .-paintballa-. wrote:

yo i was wonderin wear i can get a good deal on a tippmann 98 custom i was looking on ebay cheapest- 160 anything cheaper??

i was looking to upgrade  i am cureently using a brass eagle stingray, I LOVE IT its old its a semi-auto and its cheap it can hold some upgrades 2 i have some good memeries with it but i want to go 2 a tippmann 98 c and eventually a sniper scope and barrell

any 1 no where i can get a good deal?

thanks

paintballa

From what ive heard and the tiems ive shot 98C's theyre not very good sniper guns. If your going sniper i would go for the a-5 because it seems to be a more reliable gun for sniping. And dont use a scope either paintballs arent that accurate :)

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic