Tippmann Paintball Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Paintball Equipment > Which Gun is Best
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Which gun?

Post Reply Post Reply
Poll Question: what gun/ups should i get?
Poll Choice Votes Poll Statistics
10 [45.45%]
11 [50.00%]
1 [4.55%]
You can not vote in this poll

Author
Fear the THUMB!!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ultmate98 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Which gun?
    Posted: 23 October 2005 at 3:52pm
now, i will have to pay for it myself and for the ion i have to buy n2
Warning: Exposure to the Son may prevent burning
      Christ Krew
whack-a-mole View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Member of the "I Have No Life Club"

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote whack-a-mole Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 October 2005 at 9:51pm
I guess I'd go with the ion.
NASA and the Americans spent millions of dollars and hundreds of hours to develop a pen that would write in space.....The Russians used a pencil.
TippmanHotshot View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TippmanHotshot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 October 2005 at 10:05pm
I was just at the field today playing with my 98 Custom. It's nothing special, a double trigger, an expansion chamber (soon to be a reg) a Revolution, and a custom return trigger mod. Throughout the whole day, only a few guys bested me, and all of them had either a DM, a Proto, or an Intimidator. I love my Custom, and I can stay in the game against any one.
Overshooting,
America's greatest pastime.
ANARCHY_SCOUT View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
strike 1 1/24 rudeness to newer members

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ANARCHY_SCOUT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 October 2005 at 12:18am
^^^ I think your great. hahaha ya just e the 98 itll do ya good not to menchon itll be really loud and scare newbs going 13- 15 bps with a 98c.
Gamertag: Kataklysm999
bigomondis105 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bigomondis105 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 October 2005 at 10:13am

ive never used an ion but plan on buying on. the 98 seems more reliable to me, and upgradeable.

ill always keep my 98

98 custom
e-bolt
low pressure
dye drop foward
CP 10" barrel
halo B
HPA
double finger trigger
lighter trigger pull (awesome!)
can out shoot an egg thats y i have the halo b
weemanfan98 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote weemanfan98 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 April 2007 at 5:45pm
I don't know about any of these guns so i voted for the one with the most votes
                                                                                                                                                                                                    Angels !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
MeanMan View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MeanMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 April 2007 at 7:56pm

Id say ebolt it.  How much are ebolts?  Are they that much you couldnt get a stab. with it?

Ebolt + Stabizer < Ion and HPA IN PRICE?

hybrid-sniper~"To be honest, if I see a player still using an Impulse I'm going to question their motives."
tallen702 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Hipster before Hipster was cool...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tallen702 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 April 2007 at 9:03pm
See, this is a tough one for me. While e-bolting a '98 is great, and trust me I'm all about it, you're still dealing with technology that is over 7 years old now. E-bolting a '98 is almost like the ultimate upgrade, giving you a decent bps and a lot of fun scaring the crap out of people who don't realize you're holding an electropneumatic marker rather than a rental. But in practical terms, the ion shoots as fast as an e-bolt out of the box and can be upgraded far past the point of the '98. So, it all comes down to what your ultimate goal is.

Do you want a functional and above all, INTERESTING AND UNIQUE marker to play with? Or do you want something that will be more practical in the long run as you can have it "grow" with you as you get better as a player?

<Removed overly wide sig. Tsk, you know better.>
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic