Tippmann Paintball Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Paintball Equipment > Gun Maintenace and Repair
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

A5 Egrip/WIcked

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Strike 2 - Selling

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote agentw0 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: A5 Egrip/WIcked
    Posted: 27 January 2006 at 11:21pm
Is you buy an E-grip for the A5 in a tippmann GTA packaging should you get a Wicked Air Sports Equalizer ???,  I thought the Tippmann E frame was Different from this one ?
Bango View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Rugged Individualist

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bango Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 January 2006 at 1:03am
Tippmann is supposedly selling their E-Grips with the WAS board in them. I'm not positive however. Call them up and ask.

You'd be better off waiting until they do come stock then spending an extra $100 on the board.
agentw0 View Drop Down
Strike 2 - Selling

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote agentw0 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 January 2006 at 7:51pm

Which one is better?

The WAS seems hard to use, i already have one and was wanting to get a stock egrip from tippmann

Bango View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Rugged Individualist

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bango Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 January 2006 at 12:20am
The WAS board is faster than the E-Grip's stock board. 
Yomillio View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Retard

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Yomillio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 January 2006 at 1:27pm

Originally posted by Bango Bango wrote:

The WAS board is faster than the E-Grip's stock board. 

The equalizer board should be coming stock in the E-Grip "soon", according to Tippmann.

JcKa View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JcKa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 January 2006 at 2:00pm
The only problem is that stores will continue to sell their current stock, which is prolly a lot, so assume 1-2 months maybe for the WAS to be placed into the Grip and then wait another 2 or 3 months for current stock to sell out and the new stock to begin. 

Thats just me guessing, may not be true.  They may sell two different versions.
-Cobalt to White Sonic Cyborg
--7 Piece Matchstik Kit
---White Suicide'd Halo B
----PMI Stubby w/ NXE Cover
agentw0 View Drop Down
Strike 2 - Selling

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote agentw0 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 February 2006 at 12:11am
i'm just assuming they may come stock because the one i opened brand new was a WAS
WickedAirSportz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WickedAirSportz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 February 2006 at 1:29pm
We have many customers reporting that they purchased a new e-grip and it came with our board installed.  The transition period has been happening for months.

Jim Drew - President, Wicked Air Sportz
JcKa View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JcKa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 February 2006 at 7:48pm
any chance you wanna slip me a WAS?  I'd be willing to, it really wouldn't be that much of a strain for me, i'd even pay for shipping...

The WAS looks alot seck-c-er than the APE, although the APE is cheaper, Mr. WAS, would you care to explain why they are cheaper, what WAS thinks of their board, and what WAS plans to do in the future as more competition emerges.
--7 Piece Matchstik Kit

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WickedAirSportz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 February 2006 at 11:57pm
As soon as the we are out of Equalizer boards for the e-grips, we will not be selling them anymore.  That is the agreement we have with Tippmann, now that they own this board.  We have never seen or heard of this APE board, so I can't comment.

So, basically, all of the new e-grips will come with a $100 board at no additional cost to consumers.  This pretty eliminates any type of competition.

DanSD View Drop Down
filter dodge strike, 12/5

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DanSD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 February 2006 at 1:42pm

I just bought the e-grip board last month for my custom pro.  Do you think Tippamann will upgrade the egrip to a was or do I have to spend more $$$.

Don't hate the player...
Hate the game.
JcKa View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JcKa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 February 2006 at 4:16pm
Awww, Wicked, your so nice 
--7 Piece Matchstik Kit
agentw0 View Drop Down
Strike 2 - Selling

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote agentw0 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 February 2006 at 11:18pm

Now another question, is there an easy way to program this thing?

I WONDER HOW I GOT 2 STRIKES?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WickedAirSportz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 February 2006 at 7:44pm
The trigger programming is easy!  There are about 100,000 Equalizer boards in use right now, and the trigger programming is the same for all models.

KALIS-PIMENTA View Drop Down
Strike 2 for inflammatory posting 3/3/06

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KALIS-PIMENTA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 February 2006 at 8:42pm
so what else should we aspect from you guys?

Edited by KALIS-PIMENTA - 12 February 2006 at 8:42pm
Tippmann A-5
Polished internals
Rampage Board
Rampage Pro-E Trigger
TechT A-5Mod
QEV mod
Lapco autococker Adapter
STIFFI Kit
JCS Power Tube
PALMER Stabilizer
LPK