pump or semiauto

Post Reply Post Reply
Poll Question: pump or semiauto
Poll Choice Votes Poll Statistics
6 [35.29%]
11 [64.71%]
You can not vote in this poll

Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bunker487 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: pump or semiauto
    Posted: 21 June 2008 at 7:18pm
which is beter
techietaichi View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
Proud American

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote techietaichi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 June 2008 at 7:25pm
You should try them both and see what YOU think. You know, that would be more fun than asking us misfits.
K Hop View Drop Down
Strike 1 F-bomb in link 9/29

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote K Hop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 June 2008 at 9:03pm
Originally posted by techietaichi techietaichi wrote:

You should try them both and see what YOU think. You know, that would be more fun than asking us misfits.

what he said

whichever you like better
DeTrevni View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
b-YOU-ick. Was that so hard?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DeTrevni Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 June 2008 at 2:20am
This question is so loaded it's not possible to answer.
Evil Elvis: "Detrevni is definally like a hillbilly hippy from hell"

StormyKnight View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote StormyKnight Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 June 2008 at 12:27am
I'd prefer pump for a few reasons.  1) You don't go through as much paint.  I could go almost all day on one hopper of paint back in the day.  2) IMO, requires more skill to play.  Instead of chucking half a hopper of paint at 13+ bps to get an elimation, you actually had to move and sometimes get closer to your target to score your hit.  I've always found pump play more challenging than semi play.  Which leads me to my 3rd reason - it's more fun.
a_sock View Drop Down
closet MILSIMer, rides WAAHMbulance

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote a_sock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 June 2008 at 6:11am
I find pump play helped me soo much with developing my skills and getting comfortable in paintball. It forced me to get closer, tighter, and aim properly, so now when I switch to semi, I put all those skills to use and have a couple extra balls to increase my odds. (because why put 1 ball on someones face when you can put 3?)

Edited by a_sock - 23 June 2008 at 6:11am
its easy to be famous, just set yourself on fire
pbsniper808 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pbsniper808 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 July 2008 at 8:01pm
pump is better for sniping but just a all around gun semi
Humans were never meant to bring each other happiness. From the moment we are thrown into this world, we bring each other nothing but pain and agony.- psycho mantis
StormyKnight View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote StormyKnight Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 July 2008 at 3:40am

Originally posted by pbsniper808 pbsniper808 wrote:

pump is better for sniping but just a all around gun semi

There is no such thing as sniping in paintball.  There is no paintball marker that shoots farther with any degree of accuracy outside the range of other markers.

A sniper is a highly trained soldier who specializes in shooting targets with modified rifles from incredibly long distances. They're also adept in stealth, camouflage, infiltration, and observation techniques.  Snipers can also dismantle and dishearten the enemy with a few well-placed rifle shots. Instead of engaging the entire enemy force like traditional infantry, snipers concentrate their efforts on hunting key people -- officers, pilots, armor drivers, technicians, and communications operators. With deadly shots that kill without warning, snipers break both the enemy's will and ability to fight.

motopsycho650 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote motopsycho650 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 July 2008 at 7:27pm
Originally posted by bunker487 bunker487 wrote:

which is beter

Well, what kinds of games do you play?  Pump only games are the only games I'll take a pump to myself.  All our local fields allow full auto, so I think a pump player is at a major disadvantage.

Pump = less air, less paint, but much more skill required.

Semi = More air & paint, but at least your closer to the firepower of the full-autos I see everywhere now days.
Tunka.com - Working to keep paintball legal in Colorado's National Forests.
Don't rainbow rocks/trees, be safe around non-paintball players, and please DON'T CHEAT
Special Ops Brigade ID:161556
Styro Folme View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Strike 1 - Rules 1 and 2

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Styro Folme Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 July 2008 at 5:35am
Which is better?  Semi.
Semi Automatic markers have the same accuracy and range as pump markers. 

Which do I prefer? Pump.
I can play longer, and more often while using a pump.  I like pump play because I play stock class.  In stock class, you don't need all the extra paint, and you can move a LOT faster.  Not to mention, you shoot far less paint and above all, look like a badass.

Which do I play? Both.  I use my autococker some games and I use my Phantom/PGP in other games.  I find I have the same amount of fun generally with both markers. 
Beil View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Beil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 July 2008 at 10:44pm
like others have said, just go out and play both, and see what happens. i can almost guarantee that you'll have fun playing pump though...
Rambino View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
I am even less fun in person

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rambino Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 July 2008 at 11:47pm

Unless you are obscenely good, or are playing in a pump-only game, you would be incredibly foolish to play pump.

And the simple fact that you are asking means that neither of those conditions apply.  Therefore, you would be incredibly foolish to play pump.  You would hate it and have a miserable time by yourself in the dead zone.

[IMG]http://i38.tinypic.com/aag8s8.jpg">
Mack View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Has no impulse! control

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 July 2008 at 2:15am
I enjoy the occasional pump game.  I find the limited ammo and reduced rate of fire really make me consider tactics/movement options and improves my play.  That said, any new player using a pump in a semi-auto game is going to experience much frustration.
DeTrevni View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
b-YOU-ick. Was that so hard?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DeTrevni Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 July 2008 at 2:32am
Originally posted by Rambino Rambino wrote:

Unless you are obscenely good, or are playing in a pump-only game, you would be incredibly foolish to play pump.

And the simple fact that you are asking means that neither of those conditions apply.  Therefore, you would be incredibly foolish to play pump.  You would hate it and have a miserable time by yourself in the dead zone.

I disagree. I play pump most of the time, regardless of who I'm against. I feel I get eliminated just as often with pump play as I would with a semi. That being said, I usually play recball. I just enjoy pump so much more.
Evil Elvis: "Detrevni is definally like a hillbilly hippy from hell"

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic