Tippmann Paintball Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Tippmann Paintball > Paintball Ideas / News From Tippmann
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

glow paint for night

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Strike 1 - Language (F17)

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PitchBlacK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: glow paint for night
    Posted: 02 August 2004 at 8:21pm

if they made .68 caliber balls with a filler consisting of the chemicals in glo sticks, and in the middle of the ball was a smaller ball with a very weak shell filled with the catalyst..

technically when the ball explodes it should glow. this would take new meaning to playing night paintball.

PitChBLaCk - Wasting Autistic Speedballers Since 2001
Tippmann A-5, 12" SP Teardrop, 20oz. CO2 w/ SP On/Off
jigglydude View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
My title got <krl>’ed

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jigglydude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 August 2004 at 8:30pm
already been done

Edited by jigglydude
sinisterNorth View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
1 strike, language, 10/3

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sinisterNorth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 August 2004 at 8:57pm
^^^yep, that idea is taken and on the market. Nice thinking though.
Pumpker'd; (V.) When a pump player runs up and shoots you at point blank range because you thought 20bps made you good.
Fast Splat View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fast Splat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 August 2004 at 9:53am

They have them already. www.888paintball.com

Good idea though.

**MY SETUP!**
WGP 04 ProStock Autococker
Worrblade
Delrin Bolt
**SOON TO COME**
Nexus Ram & QEV's
CP Shorty Reg
CP On/Off & Rail System
And some other cool stuff!!
Helmut12289 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Helmut12289 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 August 2004 at 10:00am
do the balls themselves glow, or just the paint inside.  If the balls glow, it would be like tracers.
Axe in the head, early to bed, Axe in the helmet, a thanks to Helmut... and I support Bush! So there.
5ptcontingency View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 5ptcontingency Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 August 2004 at 10:11am
He wasn't talking about typical glow in the dark paintballs.

Originally posted by PitchBlacK PitchBlacK wrote:

.68 caliber balls with a filler consisting of the chemicals in glo sticks

The idea is that they wouldn't be tracers. They would (or should) only glow after impact. They wouldn't need a UV light or anything to function.

I can only imagine how expensive those kind of paintballs would be, but regardless of price, I know I would never use any kind of glowing paintball.

Homer J View Drop Down

Strike 2 for drug related images

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Homer J Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 August 2004 at 2:38pm
On top of that I'm not so sure the chemicals inside glowsticks are exactly gentle on the skin...
holysmartone View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
1 strike- language in posted image 6/9

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote holysmartone Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 August 2004 at 4:15pm

Gentle on the skin isnt a big deal. It might just be mildly irratating(sp?). But if you get shot in the mask... Glow stick fluid makes you REALLY sick, trust me. Ive eaten one before. Get shot in the mask and swallow even a drop, youll be throwing up for the rest of the day. Not fun. Maybe find a way to make it non-toxic or non-irratating.

The Guy View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Soup Can Guy

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Guy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 August 2004 at 1:45am
yeah that glowstick stuff stains.
warmonger83 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote warmonger83 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 August 2004 at 12:17pm
Originally posted by holysmartone holysmartone wrote:

Gentle on the skin isnt a big deal. It might just be mildly irratating(sp?).

hah, more like dumping sulfuric acid on your skin
there are 2 chemicals in a glowstick a powerful alkali solution (that would be basic to those of you still in junior high or low level HS science classes) and a glucose solution.

and alkalis react to organics much like acids react to metals...

found it out the hard way... ouch

Edited by warmonger83
GET OUT OF MY HEAD!!!!!!!
evil_fingers View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Strike 1 - Inappropriate sig

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote evil_fingers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 August 2004 at 12:54pm
That explains why regular night time paintballin isnt too popular, except fer them big time 24hr+ battle scenarios.
Do not steal....the government hates competition!
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote holysmartone Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 August 2004 at 8:19pm

Hmmm, I didnt know it was that bad on the skin. The one time I had it on my skin I was more worried about what was in my mouth/throat/stomach than on my skin. Im warning everyone here ahead of time, never chew on a glow-stick, if it breaks open in your mouth, youll regret it.

evil_fingers View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Strike 1 - Inappropriate sig

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote evil_fingers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 August 2004 at 9:08pm
LOl....chewin on a glow sticks, sounds like you been hangin out at them raver parties and yer lucky yer still alive, the original glow sticks had Mercury in it.
Do not steal....the government hates competition!
PlentifulBalls View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Tons of em’

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PlentifulBalls Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 August 2004 at 12:25am
Originally posted by The Guy The Guy wrote:

yeah that glowstick stuff stains.

And tastes terrible.

sporx wrote:
well...ya i prolly will be a virgin till i'm at least 30.
PitchBlacK View Drop Down
Strike 1 - Language (F17)

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PitchBlacK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 August 2004 at 1:24am
its not bad on the skin really, at parties my friends and i would wear the goo and it'd glow on our skin. mad fun.. no burn. just light redness some spots.

PitChBLaCk - Wasting Autistic Speedballers Since 2001
Tippmann A-5, 12" SP Teardrop, 20oz. CO2 w/ SP On/Off
98c Dude13 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 98c Dude13 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 August 2004 at 4:43pm
That would be cool.If they made a chemical the same in glowsticks but safe.Then you would see a glowing ball going 300 fps a you then splat! Your mask now glows in the dark!
TIPPMANN 98 CUSTOM
14" Progressive barrel   
32* Black gel grips
BT-16 Double trigger
Pen Spring Mod
X-core Expansion Chamber
Vertical Adapter
pb_sk8_kid View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pb_sk8_kid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 August 2004 at 10:38pm

Originally posted by Helmut12289 Helmut12289 wrote:

do the balls themselves glow, or just the paint inside.  If the balls glow, it would be like tracers.

The paint is glow in the dark ,and you need a special UV light hopper or else the paint won't glow

Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote holysmartone Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 August 2004 at 2:03am
Not raver parties... just one which involved some, beverages not suitible for those under 21. Such as myself...
SniperBoy01 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SniperBoy01 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 August 2004 at 2:55pm

even thou this is alittle off topic go out at night and get some fireflys and rube the glow part on your clothes and play in the dark or put it on your paintballs try it it is cool.

Tippmann Commando For ME!!!!!
U_goat_bastard View Drop Down
Guested: Not a good idea for a name

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote U_goat_bastard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 August 2004 at 8:56pm

Originally posted by Helmut12289 Helmut12289 wrote:

Tracers?.... that would be awesom!

give me sock back you goat bastard!...no seriously i'd like it back now!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic