Tippmann Paintball Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Tippmann Paintball > Paintball Ideas / News From Tippmann
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Improved e-grip selecktor

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Strike 1, S-bomb 10-7

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Robert_Hawker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Improved e-grip selecktor
    Posted: 30 August 2004 at 1:45am

Heres an idea for tippmann put the mode selecktor on the e-grip right on the handle with a millitary stile switch you know the flat ones with 4-5 positions on it for the diffrent modes i did one on my A-5 but it was hard as hell and i had axcess to a full matchine shop. just a thought but it would allow you to change fire modes without tools and durring a game in just a snap.

so what do you think??

Tipp A-5
Opsgear Saw Shroud
Opsgear G36 Folding Stock
16" j&j
@5 M@$T@ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote @5 M@$T@ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 August 2004 at 1:50am
GOOD IDEA!!!! I HATE USING THE SCREWDRIVER SO I JUST KEEP IT ON FULL AUTO AND SHOOT AS MANY AS I PLEASE. BUT IT WOULD BE NICE IF YOU COULD SWITCH WITH EASE.
I'm going to the darkside...
Robert_Hawker View Drop Down
Strike 1, S-bomb 10-7

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Robert_Hawker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 August 2004 at 2:18am

It would have to come as a hole grip to tippmann could solve some of the other problefs with it as well: put in a rechagable powercell and give us a plug in charger so we can stop buying batteries, water proof the hole thing and ship it as a snap on upgrade. so all you di is basickly change grips and bamm your done it would make it easy to remove if feilds dont allow them or if you dont what to play with it that day for some reason the same could be done with the e-bolt. and people would buy them like crazy

And since it was my idea all i want in return in the first and second off the line and a stamp of my name on the inner portion and thats it bamn done its all yours.

Tipp A-5
Opsgear Saw Shroud
16" j&j
Strike 1, S-bomb 10-7

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Robert_Hawker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 August 2004 at 2:37am
If you would buy one if ther was one plz. post that you would maby tippmann will catualy do it???
Tipp A-5
Opsgear Saw Shroud
16" j&j
Trogdor2 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trogdor2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 August 2004 at 7:56am
Originally posted by Robert_Hawker Robert_Hawker wrote:

If you would buy one if ther was one plz. post that you would maby tippmann will catualy do it???

Tippmann doesn't look at these forums.  Nothing you say here will affect what they do.  Just write a letter.
Something unknown is doing we don't know what. That is what our knowledge amounts to. - Sir Arthur Eddington
crazedloon View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote crazedloon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 August 2004 at 10:52am

Well the thing is you need a tournament lock so that you can use it in the tournaments.  As with the quick switch they don’t know if you have changed modes

Strike 1, S-bomb 10-7

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Robert_Hawker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 August 2004 at 12:40pm
thats why you make it a full grip so you can change it out with 2 pins and a bolt and then drop in a norman grip for turnies. then it would be that simple.
Tipp A-5
Opsgear Saw Shroud
16" j&j
Strike 1, S-bomb 10-7

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Robert_Hawker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 August 2004 at 12:46pm

oo i just thought od something the selecktor could replace the stock safty and just have the reverce position be off

mode 1

mode2   <----o===O        safty

mode 3

mode 4  mode 5

Since it an elecktronic trigger if the powers off you can pull the trigger all day and noghting will happin

Edited by Robert_Hawker
Tipp A-5
Opsgear Saw Shroud
16" j&j
crazedloon View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote crazedloon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 August 2004 at 6:49pm
well people want the mouse click that the e-grip gives them but cant use full atuo in turnies so you need it so that one extra mod can only be turned off by a butten in the grip and this mode would be semie.  could be an extra mode that shuts down the selector
sneakysniper7 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sneakysniper7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 August 2004 at 9:42pm
I think all of your ideas are excellent robert. It would be a slam. You should write a letter to Tippmann about it. Maybe they will make them.
Paintball is the best sport no matter what anyone says, and if you cheat you get beat. Snipers rule!
Strike 1, S-bomb 10-7

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Robert_Hawker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 August 2004 at 10:25pm
i sent them an email but should i send out an actual hard letter too???
Tipp A-5
Opsgear Saw Shroud
16" j&j
@5 M@$T@ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote @5 M@$T@ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 September 2004 at 12:31am
YEAH, THATLL REINFORCE THE IDEA, PRESS THEM UNTIL THEY RESPOND. EMAILS EMAILS EMAILS
I'm going to the darkside...
Strike 1, S-bomb 10-7

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Robert_Hawker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 September 2004 at 1:14am
personaly i dont mind the trigger pull its the modes i like i grew up with guns of all sordt and if you think th trigger on a paintball gun is heavy try a vintage kuntucky long rifle on for size
Tipp A-5
Opsgear Saw Shroud
16" j&j
:ShockeR_ratm: View Drop Down
Guested - Complete idiocy

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote :ShockeR_ratm: Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 September 2004 at 1:36am
Originally posted by Robert_Hawker Robert_Hawker wrote:

put in a rechagable powercell and give us a plug in charger so we can stop buying batteries

That's not such a good idea...Rechargable batteries don't last as long and it's a pain to recharge them all the time...I'd rather use longer lasting regular 9v's and just replace them when they go...This is Tippmann not kingman

Nobody ever suspects the fun police!
The Guy View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Soup Can Guy

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Guy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 September 2004 at 4:50pm
well the switch uses a binary encoder so you would have to reprogram the e-grip.
sneakysniper7 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sneakysniper7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 September 2004 at 5:43pm
What the crap is binary encoder?
Paintball is the best sport no matter what anyone says, and if you cheat you get beat. Snipers rule!
Strike 1, S-bomb 10-7

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Robert_Hawker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 September 2004 at 10:42pm

Hay help me out if you like my idea send tippmann the following E-mail

Yo Tippmann

Jfransome@yahoo.com Had this idea if you took the egrip and hard mounted it in the grip it wiuld be near indistrucktable right. Now what if you then added a millitary style selecktor switch. it could replace the stock safty and pe near indistricktable. this would be much better than using a screwdriver to change the mode and fireing to figure out which you were in. now one more thing make the ROF selecktor click every 1pb/s that way we again dont need to do a fire test. the modes could look something like this.

Mode 1

Mode 2

Mode 3  <=======O-----+++      &nbs p;        Safty

Mode4

Mode 5

Since its an electronic system safty would be off. also an optional long lasting rechargable powerpack or just the standard 9volt. if you do dicide to produce the kit discribed just send the first 3 off the line to (See Jfransome@yahoo.com for details)

Ps dont try to steal my idea i have allready sent tippmann a few emails so haa haa all you would be copycats.

Tipp A-5
Opsgear Saw Shroud
16" j&j
vipergts222 View Drop Down
Vroom Vroom!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vipergts222 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 September 2004 at 3:26pm

learn to spell then maybe just maybe tippmann may take you a little bit more seriously. noob.

A-5
~Flatline
~E-Grip
~Palmer Stabilizer
~Double Trigger
~20oz SP on/off
and anti-siphon
Soon:
~Comp-Air
~CP Razor drop
The Guy View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Soup Can Guy

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Guy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 September 2004 at 4:14pm
Dear Robert_Hawker,

You still don't seem to understand. Simply adding a new selector switch would be quite difficult. Tippmann uses a Binary Encoder switch*. Replacing the switch withsomething you sugegsted would require either a custom made switcdh just for Tippmann, or a new chip. Also what comes into play is the placement of said switch. Where would you place it? There is no room near the safety switch to run wires or to place the switch. The only open place to use one would be on the main grip itself. But then you have to deal with lefties and righties. There is no good place to move the switch to. The only option would be to add a tub on top of the grip and to move the sear up to it. Then move the switch to the old place of the sear.

&nbs p;         &nbs p;      Theguy.

*Binary Encoder: A 10 position switch that only has 4 leads. When the switch is moved to a position, the output of the 4 leads is unique to that position. The output is read by the chip as binary code. 1010, 1001, depending on which leads are on?
Strike 1, S-bomb 10-7

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Robert_Hawker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 September 2004 at 7:46am

i know you would have to reprogram it you would probably have to make a hole new bord and matchine a channel for the wireing and a few other ods and ends but wouldent it be worth it.

as for the previous post   !!!!!!!!!!!!

Tipp A-5
Opsgear Saw Shroud
16" j&j
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic