Tippmann Paintball Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Tippmann Paintball > Paintball Ideas / News From Tippmann
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Paintball book.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dead Man Walkin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Paintball book.
    Posted: 07 October 2004 at 7:58pm

I'm thinking about writing a paintball book that would be a mixture of tips/help and of testamonials, people's stories of paintball. Does anyone think that this is a good idea and or have anything to add to it? Also can anyone think of a title for it?

Bigomondis104 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bigomondis104 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 October 2004 at 8:20pm
it can be but if people would buy the book there would have to b stuff for everyone of all levels. i would prolly buy it.
98 custom
e-bolt
low pressure kit
dye drop forward
68ci 3000psi glass fiber tank
halo b
10" custom products barrel
double finger trigger
vertical feed
Dead Man Walkin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dead Man Walkin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 October 2004 at 8:36pm
Yeah I was thinking about how it would have to be interesting for veterns but fun for newbies. That's way I wanted the testamonials in there. Personally I like to hear about people's experiences.
evil_fingers View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Strike 1 - Inappropriate sig

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote evil_fingers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 October 2004 at 1:56am
There are sooooooooo many books on paintballing already but, if you want to publish one....good luck.
Do not steal....the government hates competition!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dead Man Walkin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 October 2004 at 4:55am
Originally posted by evil_fingers evil_fingers wrote:

There are sooooooooo many books on paintballing already but, if you want to publish one....good luck.
Yeah I thought about that but when I thought more of the book I realized that it wouldn't be the same as the other books because people would learn from other's stories not from what I tell them.
whack-a-mole View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Member of the "I Have No Life Club"

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote whack-a-mole Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 October 2004 at 9:15am

sounds like a good idea to me. I'd buy it.

I've never heard of a paintball book, just magazines.

NASA and the Americans spent millions of dollars and hundreds of hours to develop a pen that would write in space.....The Russians used a pencil.
MetallicaESPa5 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
The Doors Of Perception

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MetallicaESPa5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 October 2004 at 10:11am
make sure you put "its the player not the gun" and write
somethign about that, most new players know nothing about
that topic.

evil_fingers View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Strike 1 - Inappropriate sig

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote evil_fingers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 October 2004 at 1:26pm
Originally posted by whack-a-mole whack-a-mole wrote:

sounds like a good idea to me. I'd buy it.

I've never heard of a paintball book, just magazines.

Go to a local bookstore like Barnes & Noble or Boreders....or simply google it, you'll find at least at dozen or so books on paintballing, some are current.

Do not steal....the government hates competition!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dead Man Walkin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 October 2004 at 2:24pm
Originally posted by MetallicaESPa5 MetallicaESPa5 wrote:

make sure you put "its the player not the gun" and write
somethign about that, most new players know nothing about
that topic.
Yeah I posted a topic about that a while ago. The player plays a huge role if not all of it in paintball and I'm definatly going to let people know about that.
pballa j.r. View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
Strike1~Language. 12/04

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pballa j.r. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 October 2004 at 2:29pm
Be sure you cover the following:

Practice ALOT to get better.
Do not use paintball markers as weapons.
Safety.

I had another one, but i forgot... do you hate that?
ConfusedPainter View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ConfusedPainter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 October 2004 at 4:47pm

Hmm....How about a paintball novel?  Could have a focus on paintball, character development, symbolism, etc, and also have tips and such woven in.....

Just a thought

Bounty View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bounty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 October 2004 at 5:10pm
Its a good idea but dont expect to get too much money from it.
TheNelson001 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TheNelson001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 October 2004 at 1:45pm
there's already a book out called "The Ultimate Paintball Guide". I've got the 2nd edition

g0dhead View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote g0dhead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 October 2004 at 3:21pm
Yeah.  Safety is the key.  If you go abusing it, and start hurting people it will just turn more and more people against it. 

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dead Man Walkin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 October 2004 at 10:59pm

Originally posted by TheNelson001 TheNelson001 wrote:

there's already a book out called "The Ultimate Paintball Guide". I've got the 2nd edition

Yeah I got that one too. This wouldn't be like that though I want to make it so that people tell me their stories and I publish them, giving those people credit of course, and then people that buy the book will learn from the other person's mistakes or there victories.

adam_98 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adam_98 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 October 2004 at 8:11am
if you do it i would definataly do alot of research talk to alot of players. Travel around like take a summer tour or something and really get an idea of paintballing communites and style from all over the country and that way you will have plenty of storeis and just wont be another paintball guide. Put some history in there. I am just saying if you do it dont do a half a$$ job on it make it different
eagle_eye View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eagle_eye Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 October 2004 at 12:56pm
Yeah go for it id but it
watch your back
A-5 auto View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote A-5 auto Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 October 2004 at 9:07pm
Tell us wat it will be called so when u get done we can go and buy it!
Hey howd you do that?! Your funny hahaha shut up! FAPM forumers against Popemobile
Maverick632 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Maverick632 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 October 2004 at 9:54pm

Title: Chicken Soup for the Paintball Player's Soul?

my setup:
impulse
12" freak barrel
DYE tank
revi w/ x board
OTB vert frame?
Bango View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Rugged Individualist

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bango Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 October 2004 at 12:51pm
Paintball 101 would be for just the basics. How about paintball 201 for a more in depth look at paintball from other player's perspective?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic