Tippmann Paintball Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Tippmann Paintball > Paintball Ideas / News From Tippmann
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Need to make or find H-duty pods

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author

Strike 1 - Caps doesnt fool me

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote C.G.O. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Need to make or find H-duty pods
    Posted: 18 October 2004 at 3:23pm
Guys,

I have shattered way too many plastic pods and now I need help on a idea of making some sort of metal pods for paintball. I got a plan for the metal tube(duh), but what about a operating lid to keep the paint from spilling? I apologize for such weird thread. Thanks in advance. CGO out........
Tippmann 98c with lapco bigshot 12in barrel, Palmer Stabilizer/32* 0-1200 microgauge.
paintballpunkGD View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote paintballpunkGD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 October 2004 at 4:03pm
u could always use the same concept + a latch so it doesn't burst open on u, n i would use sum heavy duty plastic, not metal, it would prolly b cheaper, get sum PVC piping, it'll work for u n u cna get it in alot of dif sizes
Robert_Hawker View Drop Down
Strike 1, S-bomb 10-7

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Robert_Hawker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 October 2004 at 10:01pm
Naa i would go for the light elecktrical conduit its cheep durrable and comes in a vast aray of sises and then just glue the old pod caps on the mettle and bamn pods.
Tipp A-5
Opsgear Saw Shroud
Opsgear G36 Folding Stock
16" j&j
The Guy View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Soup Can Guy

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Guy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 October 2004 at 10:10pm
Don't use the cheap clear pods. They shatter easily. Use the solid black dull plastic ones. They flex a little bit. Either that or don't sit on your pods.
Phear_Mike View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Phear_Mike Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 October 2004 at 10:22pm
Evil paintball has chrome pods for ~$7 at www.paintballgear.com

I play Americas Army Hooah!!
evil_fingers View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Strike 1 - Inappropriate sig

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote evil_fingers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 October 2004 at 2:34am

[QUOTE=Phear_Mike]Evil paintball has chrome pods for ~$7 at www.paintballgear.com[/QUOTE]

That plastic chrome and those pods are not made of metal, theyre jus like accenting parts on a car and if they were real metal chrome pods, they would cost way more than $7.00 each.

Do not steal....the government hates competition!
PopeMobile View Drop Down
Guested - Complete idiot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PopeMobile Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 October 2004 at 8:05am

I saw an add in crossfire magizine for these plastic pods that dont break, some 300 pound guy stepped on it and it didnt break, i think it was the september or october issue.

To the pope mobile!!
C.G.O. View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote C.G.O. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 October 2004 at 1:17pm
I have already broken those black pods before and DON'T SIT ON MY PODS. I happen to FLIP AND CRASH on top of my pods or dive forwards on top of them.

The point is NO plastic, but I believe that I'm going to be stuck with "pod-hopping" until I find one that'll break my bones first before they will. If any of you guys could point out those pods in that magazine that would be sweet. Thanks for the helpful replies, guys!

Edited by C.G.O.
Tippmann 98c with lapco bigshot 12in barrel, Palmer Stabilizer/32* 0-1200 microgauge.
Tolgak View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Master of MSPaint and bri's Daddy

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tolgak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 October 2004 at 2:04pm
Put 'em on your chest.
C.G.O. View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote C.G.O. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 October 2004 at 4:22pm
Originally posted by Tolgak Tolgak wrote:

Put 'em on your chest.

I understand what you mean, but when I said above "dive forwards" I meant slamming down on my chest. The worst problem is that I am 6'2", almost 200lbs and the biggest target in my team. So, the only way I can play without getting hit is being very fast, agile and accurate.

I used to be able to last on a single hopper each game, but lately, I have been doing allot of suppressing fire for my team-mates, so I'm in need of pods. Thanks again for the replies !
HGROBERTS View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HGROBERTS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 October 2004 at 5:20pm

pour some alchole on an old pod and take the lid off

EdisKrad View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EdisKrad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 October 2004 at 6:54pm

http://www.nalgene-outdoor.com/store/

Those water bottles might be good for you, they might be a little more expensive but they dont break. Seriously, they are pretty much indestructable as far as I know.

TruePaintballer View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Strike 1 - Spam 11-19

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TruePaintballer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 October 2004 at 5:32pm
Wouldn't metal be cold in winter, heavy all the time, can cut you and would fell hard and awkward...my input
Outlaws
*Sponsors*
Abrika
C.G.O. View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote C.G.O. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 October 2004 at 7:21pm
Originally posted by TruePaintballer TruePaintballer wrote:

Wouldn't metal be cold in winter, heavy all the time, can cut you and would fell hard and awkward...my input

Heavy is not the problem, neither cold in winter, but price and possibly breaking my ribs or hips when cashing to the ground IS though. I've dropped the metal idea, but I am still tossed a bit about how I'm going to play without breaking my pods.
Silent Slayer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Silent Slayer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 October 2004 at 7:38pm

y dont u just wear them on ur back.. i dont know what kind of harness you have but in most cases it helps to just  turn them around

a5 polished internals
flatline
custom aluminum foregrip
drop
e grip w/custom blade trigger
palmer stabalizer
71ci 4500psi dye throttle
dye invisions
vision impy
tapeworm
crossfire 88/45
EVO
jaked588 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jaked588 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 October 2004 at 11:18pm
just use fatboy pods... they dont break
evil_fingers View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Strike 1 - Inappropriate sig

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote evil_fingers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 October 2004 at 4:35am
Make some homemade pods by using PVC, it'll be painful as hell when you land on those wit yer back and you dont hafta worry bout them breaking when they get hit in a game.
Do not steal....the government hates competition!
The Guy View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Soup Can Guy

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Guy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 October 2004 at 12:03pm
it almost sounds like you are having problems with your technique.

You should be wearing your pods on your lower back. If your having problems breaking them by landing on them, try practicing your knee slides.. Also NEVER wear them on your chest. Its possible to get bounces off your jersey in the front, but much harder to get bounces off hard pods.

C.G.O. View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote C.G.O. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 October 2004 at 1:33pm
Originally posted by The Guy The Guy wrote:

it almost sounds like you are having problems with your technique.

You should be wearing your pods on your lower back. If your having
problems breaking them by landing on them, try practicing your knee
slides.. Also NEVER wear them on your chest. Its possible to get
bounces off your jersey in the front, but much harder to get bounces
off hard pods.

You got a point there, but I do rolls, knee slides, belly slides and wall(tree) jumps. I use to wear my pods on my lower back, but I couldn't reload as fast and if I rolled forwards the pods would press into my back. Though I do agree with you completely, I need to change my style and that's exactly what I am pondering on right now. Thanks!

BTW, One of the pods I shattered into four pieces was a blue fatboy tube. Sorry.
TRAVELER View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Vulcan Logic Academy Graduate

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRAVELER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 October 2004 at 7:38pm

Originally posted by jaked588 jaked588 wrote:

just use fatboy pods... they dont break

Yeah, I bought some Fatboy pods last year and have yet to break one. I do alot of jumping and sliding, not to mention the low crawling, and so far they are the best I have found.

For I will wander to and fro,
I'll go where I no one do know,
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic