Tippmann Paintball Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Tippmann Paintball > Paintball Ideas / News From Tippmann
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Halloween Game

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Gold Member
Gold Member

Vulcan Logic Academy Graduate

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRAVELER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Halloween Game
    Posted: 22 October 2004 at 7:23pm

Some friends and I just organized a Night of the Living Dead mini scenario game for Halloween night.

We have access to a closed down K Mart building, 150,000 square feet. The building has three levels, the floor level, the office and upper warehouse level, and the crawlspace in the ceiling. There is also access to the roof.

Since the game is going to be at night, and because there is no electricity in the building, we are setting up a few portable lights, and giving flashlights to the refs. Players will get cyalume sticks.

With only a week to go we are still working out the details, but the objects of the game are for the living to try to make their way to three different escape points, and for the dead to try to stop them, while trying to discover and infiltrate the stronghold of the living.

If anyone has any ideas or suggestions you're welcome to share them.

For I will wander to and fro,
I'll go where I no one do know,
roadrunner0535 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote roadrunner0535 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 October 2004 at 7:28pm
sounds fun...where do u live and how the hell did u get access 2 a closed warehouse?
98c seclusion
14" dye ultralite
rufus dawg 2x stick trigg
remote
full-auto mod
My 98C
100% smart parts
TRAVELER View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRAVELER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 October 2004 at 7:34pm
I live in Florida, we don't officially have permission to use the store, but as it is set to be demolished next year we aren't going to be able to do any real damage to it. The cop who patrols the area is a friend of mine, and he's hoping to get off in time to play with us.
pbdude985 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Dude! Sweet! Dude! Sweet! Dude! Sweet!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pbdude985 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 October 2004 at 8:32pm
sounds fun ur lucky        their is a closed macys by me that i want to play paintball in but i proballty wont be aloud have a blast
g0dhead View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote g0dhead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 October 2004 at 8:40pm
     omg man! that's awesome.  Sounds more "dawn of the dead"-ish.  HOLY TRILOGY FOR LIFE!  Anyways, I was thinking... Maybe if someone "died" you can steal the ammunition/weapons from their corpses.  We're doing a Resident Evil scenario up here, UBCS and STARS, we even have a dude playing Nemesis.  We're going to give Nemesis 500 rounds, and the rest of us have two to three "m-4" clips, well, 60 rounds.. My little brother and sister, well if my sister's leg heals before the game, then she'll hide the ammuntion and my brother can play. 
      It'll be like a Woodsball Resident Evil.  It will have about 10 people, two of which are UBCS one is Nemesis and the rest are divided STARS members who have diff. specialties.  Anyways, You should be able to take paint off the people who are out, or their guns or something.  'cause I know if one'a my comrades died in that situation if it really happened, i'd be taking their ammuntion instead of letting it rust into the ground ( so to speak ).  Good luck, and have fun; too bad I don't live in your area.. i'd sooo be in that game... die hard zombie-fan! w00t!
evil_fingers View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Strike 1 - Inappropriate sig

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote evil_fingers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 October 2004 at 8:47pm
How many people are playin the role of the "dead"?
Do not steal....the government hates competition!
reincarnation14 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reincarnation14 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 October 2004 at 10:26pm

that sounds awesome but i live in TN and i dont feel like goin all the way down to florida but if i could id do it

Diablo Mongoose 2
18in CP Barrel
adjustdable feedneck
FAPM-Formers Againts Pope Mobile

The South WILL Rise Again
TRAVELER View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRAVELER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 October 2004 at 1:01am

Sorry, was out of town for a couple of days. At the moment we have about forty people playing, which is about all we can handle without raising notice. We figure it will be ten "living", with the rest being "dead".  Those "living" who are hit will become "living dead" after one minute from being hit by one of the "dead".

A cache of extra ammo will be placed on each floor, the locations of which will be known only to the living. The stronghold of the living will be the money security room. An air horn will be placed in the store safe, if the dead can get past the security room to the safe, and sound the horn, then it's over for the living who still remain in the building.

I'd appreciate any more suggestions, keep in mind that I have to have the plan completed by Friday afternoon.

Robert_Hawker View Drop Down
Strike 1, S-bomb 10-7

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Robert_Hawker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 October 2004 at 1:26am

i like the safe thing its a nice touch.

i would limit the dead to walking and let the living run wild. also maby you should have any marked living player just not move unless he is touched be a live player and if the dead get him me becomes the dead. just a thought either will work.

sounds cool unfortunatly i have a previous and much closer ingagement. i live in northern NJ

Tipp A-5
Opsgear Saw Shroud
Opsgear G36 Folding Stock
16" j&j
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote evil_fingers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 October 2004 at 5:01pm
Ya know if you did a search, there was thread on this idea a few months back...it involved turing a field into a makeshift cemetary wit fake tombstones, a fog machine, etc. the thread was at least 3 or 4 pages long.
TRAVELER View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRAVELER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 October 2004 at 1:06am

No gravestones, no dirt for that matter, just one huge empty building. We're hoping to organize something a little bigger for next year.

This year's game is pretty much experimental. It should still be alot of fun, but it will also give us an idea of what works, and what doesn't.

I'm not sure if the building will be around next year, but then again, it was supposed to be torn down six years ago. Someone thoughtfully left some junk cars on the main floor, so at least there are some things to hide behind, around, or in. There are some incredibly huge rats running around in the building, but they add to the "realism", hopefully they won't bite anyone.

Anyone have anymore ideas? (limiting the "dead" to walking is a good idea, thanks R_H.)

whack-a-mole View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Member of the "I Have No Life Club"

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote whack-a-mole Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 October 2004 at 9:50am
Wow! Reminds me of Resident Evil. Wish I could go, I'm a big fan of anything that has to do with zombies. The senerio is going to be tough for the living. During the one minute after the living is hit, can the person be cured by a medic or something?
NASA and the Americans spent millions of dollars and hundreds of hours to develop a pen that would write in space.....The Russians used a pencil.
sinisterNorth View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
1 strike, language, 10/3

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sinisterNorth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 October 2004 at 3:30pm

Yeah, I think having a medic able to heal the person who was shot in a limited amount of time.

It sounds like it will be a blast, so have fun. I may be going to a game where we raid a trailer. We bash out the windows, break down doors, etc. Good luck!

Pumpker'd; (V.) When a pump player runs up and shoots you at point blank range because you thought 20bps made you good.
Sniper21 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sniper21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 October 2004 at 4:39pm
nice heres an idea have a time limit like until a nuke from the military or bombing or something happens so the game gets mor frantic or have certain target zones on the dead you have to hit for points or without points for the dead to "die"
A-5 E-Grip Jcs Trigger PMI Nitro soon to be WGP Karnivor or X-Mag
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote evil_fingers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 October 2004 at 6:43pm
Originally posted by TRAVELER TRAVELER wrote:

No gravestones, no dirt for that matter, just one huge empty building. We're hoping to organize something a little bigger for next year.

This year's game is pretty much experimental. It should still be alot of fun, but it will also give us an idea of what works, and what doesn't.

I'm not sure if the building will be around next year, but then again, it was supposed to be torn down six years ago. Someone thoughtfully left some junk cars on the main floor, so at least there are some things to hide behind, around, or in. There are some incredibly huge rats running around in the building, but they add to the "realism", hopefully they won't bite anyone.

Anyone have anymore ideas? (limiting the "dead" to walking is a good idea, thanks R_H.)

Seriously, look fer that old thread, there were some useful ideas that could help you on yer Halloween scenario.

BigD View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 October 2004 at 7:21pm

Be caeful, especially with that crawlspace in the ceiling you mentioned. Go there a couple days earlier to make sure that it's safe.

Tippmann 98 Custom
J&J Ceramic 14 in.
VL Revolution w/ X-board
Rufus Dawg Double Trigger
Drop forward
Rocket Cock II
Vert. Adapter
DOP X-Core
DYE Sticky Grips
Dye Invision
TRAVELER View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRAVELER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 October 2004 at 12:53am

We've had a couple of parties in the place, and we've checked it out from top to bottom. The biggest danger is running into something in the dark. There are poles throughout the store that are going to be difficult to see, we'll walk everyone through before we start so everyone gets a rough idea of what the place is like.

Luckily, I was a medic in the army, and I'll have a good first aid kit handy. A couple of other players work for the county and city, and they ought to be good help at keeping things more or less safe and under control.

Robert_Hawker View Drop Down
Strike 1, S-bomb 10-7

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Robert_Hawker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 October 2004 at 1:31am
you should tape light sticks to every other post up high so you can see them but you cant see whats under them. green would give a cool affect too.
Tipp A-5
Opsgear Saw Shroud
Opsgear G36 Folding Stock
16" j&j
Bounty View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bounty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 October 2004 at 1:56pm
You do that, on mischiff night (however you spell it) Ill be waitin for those bastards to come and egg my house where Ill be on my roof in camo.
paintballpunkGD View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote paintballpunkGD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 October 2004 at 4:58pm

^

i agree with tapin glow sticks high up on the poles...it'll keep things safe

I wish i lived in FL. it soudns like it's gonna b awsome! tell us how it goes

no suggestion, just felt like tellin u how cool it sounds

good luck, have fun and play safe

"I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it." -Voltaire
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic