Tippmann Paintball Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Paintball Equipment > Which Gun is Best
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

98C pro or A5

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote drummer_926 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 98C pro or A5
    Posted: 13 August 2005 at 2:46pm
like the title says, i dont whether to get the 98C pro, or A5.  I'll be playin mostly woodsball and plan on doin alot of close quarters stuff and need somethin with low maintenece.  So which gun should i get?
rossy11223 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rossy11223 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 August 2005 at 4:04pm
A-5. The Custom Pro was made to be a speedball gun. The A-5 is very rugged and easy to maintain. In a sense, the perfect woodsball gun.
bronco9588 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bronco9588 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 August 2005 at 8:33pm
if you wanna shoot 17+BPS now or in the future, the cyclone is added extra. Id get a 98c (Its my gun, im biased). You can shoot faster on the 98 that with a cycloned A5. The a5 allows you to switch out grips, could be handy. Ive heard the A5 breaking more! 98 can be run over. I think it is your opinion though.
whack-a-mole View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Member of the "I Have No Life Club"

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote whack-a-mole Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 August 2005 at 11:13am
A-5
NASA and the Americans spent millions of dollars and hundreds of hours to develop a pen that would write in space.....The Russians used a pencil.
drumlinefreek View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote drumlinefreek Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 August 2005 at 11:15am
go with the A-5
A-5
J&J 14"
Double trig

Outkast Sniper II- rolling with the pump world
Cormier View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cormier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 August 2005 at 7:11pm
A5 for woodsball
ya ever noticed in a beer commercial no one ever drinks a beer?
tippmannKING View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tippmannKING Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 August 2005 at 4:10pm

definitly A-5, the custom pro is for speedball. the a-5 is sooo reliable, and with the flatline barrel it is the PERFECT woodsball gun.

Definitly go with the A-5 and flatline

paintboy123 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote paintboy123 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 August 2005 at 10:41am
go wit 98 cause they can get cyclone 2 soo.... a-5 waste of $$$$
98c
2 20oz tanks
14'' smat parts AA
4+1 pack
tippmann mask that came w/ gun
gsw.3 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gsw.3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 August 2005 at 4:33pm
If you play woodball go with the A-5 like rosy said the 98c pro is more of a speedball gun
CLICK THE LINK BELOW

playsback33 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote playsback33 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 August 2005 at 12:14am
the A-5 uses too much air to power the hopper and woods ball games are too long to give up any air, so get the custom pro
jet black ion
PMI 60/3000 steel
Dye invision mask steel/fade
12 volt revolution
jt slammer harness
Mega Sports Fire Arms gun shop is my sponcer
3 man team Breaking Point
SAS proud 2 luv View Drop Down
GUESTED FILTER DODGE & F-BOMB

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SAS proud 2 luv Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 August 2005 at 9:48am
a5 definetly 
thompson View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thompson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 August 2005 at 8:29pm
i thought the hopper doesnt use air on the a5. doesnt the cyclone work with the trigger?
tippy a5 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tippy a5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 August 2005 at 12:49am
no what do u think that gas line is running to it for ..... looks???  Come on man have pride and take apart ur tippmann or at least look at it!!! 
Tippmann A5
Tippmann double trigger
Smartparts Progressive 16"
E-Grip
Empire reverse spike Jersey
05' Proto Pants
PMI 72/3000
Soon to Come
WAS board
reg
QEV mod
new barrel
warpfactor5 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote warpfactor5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 August 2005 at 8:33pm
They are both great guns, you need to go to the store and see which one feels right/good for you.
Let It Rain!!!
98c, Flatline
GTA X-cham.Dead-on Pro Seal&Powertube
Rico AK, Res. trig.
Full Boar Shadow
Pol. Internals

A-5 E
JCS Duel Double Trig
Remote line, Colaps. Stock
Pol. internals
tippy a5 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tippy a5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 August 2005 at 11:39pm

i would get the a5, barrel, double trigger, and egrip and you should be good to go either speedball or woods.  For woods u can sneak a few rounds with turbo = on and then for speedball u walk all over those freakin ions and there stupid eyes.  Half of the time the eyes are blind anyway.  DOWN WITH THE ION

Tippmann A5
Tippmann double trigger
Smartparts Progressive 16"
E-Grip
Empire reverse spike Jersey
05' Proto Pants
PMI 72/3000
Soon to Come
WAS board
reg
QEV mod
new barrel
south park View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote south park Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 August 2005 at 10:50pm
A5 IS THE RIGHT CHOICE WITH A FLATLINE BARREL AND DOUBLE TRIGGER AND A RESPONSE TRIGGER THAT IS THE BEST DESION THAT I HAVE EVER MADE I THINK GETTTING A TIPPMANN A5 WAS THE GREATEST DECION EVER
rossy11223 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rossy11223 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 August 2005 at 10:53pm

Originally posted by tippy a5 tippy a5 wrote:

no what do u think that gas line is running to it for ..... looks???  Come on man have pride and take apart ur tippmann or at least look at it!!! 

He meant that he thought the cyclone uses excess blowback gas, so it does not use any more co2 than in normally would.

This is true to an extent. But remember, to power the cyclone, there has to be extra blowback in the first place. The A-5 uses a little more air than it needs to power the cyclone.

gsw.3 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gsw.3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 August 2005 at 8:31pm
If woodball go with the A-5 speedball Custom Pro
CLICK THE LINK BELOW

paintboy123 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote paintboy123 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 August 2005 at 6:52pm
i like c pro and i play woods and shot both so but up 2 u
98c
2 20oz tanks
14'' smat parts AA
4+1 pack
tippmann mask that came w/ gun
flytyer1964 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote flytyer1964 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 August 2005 at 1:39pm
A-5 with a Flatline Barrel with an expansion chamber.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic