Tippmann Paintball Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Tippmann Paintball > Paintball Ideas / News From Tippmann
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

mask fan *PICS*

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Fear the THUMB!!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ultmate98 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: mask fan *PICS*
    Posted: 13 June 2006 at 7:50pm

heres some pics i did of a mask fan.  

Warning: Exposure to the Son may prevent burning
      Christ Krew
Snake6 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Outranked by guitarguy?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Snake6 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 June 2006 at 8:01pm
Holy Christ thats huge.
GI JOES SON View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Got me flowers for my birthday

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GI JOES SON Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 June 2006 at 8:55pm

yea, at a minimum you should paint that battery pack a darker color or something.....its kind of screaming SHOOT ME!

but overall, im impressed with the overall design of it

ultmate98 View Drop Down
Fear the THUMB!!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ultmate98 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 June 2006 at 9:44pm
ive got a black battery pack, but it wasnt charged when i tested it and ive never gotten around to changing them.
      Christ Krew
sixtoes1313 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sixtoes1313 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 June 2006 at 11:20pm

Well. if i understand the function of a mask fan, than its supposed to blow air into the lense area of your mask right?  That fan looks like its positioned to blow air out the nose hole.  But i could be wrong.

Woodsballer91 View Drop Down

Guested Idiot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Woodsballer91 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 June 2006 at 4:03am
that thing would make breathing soooo much easier! too bad i would have neck probs from that massive battery pack!
Tippmann A-5
Tippmann E-Grip
Tippmann Flatline Barrel
Spec Ops A-5A2 Stock
Spec Ops A-5A2 Foregrip
APP 300Rnd. Hopper
WAS Equalizer Board
Pure Energy Coiled Remote
duck_tape View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote duck_tape Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 June 2006 at 10:25am
maybe if you attatcked the battery to te elastic strap on te back it wouldn't jump out so much. 
a dremel is kinda like a low-powered handheld drill.. they are the base of all humanity and civilization...
      -Styro Folme

Squishey View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Squishey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 June 2006 at 3:11pm
ya it looks great is it to help breathing or to not fog the lense because if its for the lense its in the wrong spot. and the i think you should put the battery pack in your pocket or something and run a wire to it because that is a huge thing to put on the side of your mask.
Canadians do it on top.
ultmate98 View Drop Down
Fear the THUMB!!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ultmate98 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 June 2006 at 3:47pm

sixtoes: actually it is sucking your breath away from you, bit im not shure how much i like it. im going to add a switch so i can change the direction    

duck_tape: im going to try to move it around to see where it goes best. i may put the batteries on my pack and just run a really long wire up to it, with plenty of slack for moving around

Christ Krew
MeanMan View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MeanMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 June 2006 at 7:55pm

you know they do make masks with fans in them

they fit between the bill(?) and the mask

hybrid-sniper~"To be honest, if I see a player still using an Impulse I'm going to question their motives."
raflexjrsr View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote raflexjrsr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 June 2006 at 8:03pm
LOL, stick your tounge out an it will hurt!!
ultmate98 View Drop Down
Fear the THUMB!!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ultmate98 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 June 2006 at 9:14pm

Originally posted by raflexjrsr raflexjrsr wrote:

LOL, stick your tounge out an it will hurt!!

thats why  i put the mesh on it b/c it hurts. really....really bad

Christ Krew
MeanMan View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MeanMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 June 2006 at 3:18pm

mesh is soft, like, a shirt with a whole bunch of holes in it

i dont think that would stop a tongue

hybrid-sniper~"To be honest, if I see a player still using an Impulse I'm going to question their motives."
Squishey View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Squishey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 June 2006 at 4:23pm
why do you have so it sucks air away from the mouth doesn't that make breathing even harder than it already is with a mask on.
Canadians do it on top.
ultmate98 View Drop Down
Fear the THUMB!!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ultmate98 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 June 2006 at 4:27pm

Originally posted by Squishey Squishey wrote:

why do you have so it sucks air away from the mouth doesn't that make breathing even harder than it already is with a mask on.

yea, it really is. i played with it for a game yesterday and was miserible, so im going to change it tonight

Christ Krew
blackdog144 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote blackdog144 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 June 2006 at 4:56pm
you could have just gotten a proto mask or a jt mask and got one of the two fans you can put on them. But ive heard nothing but bad reviews about them...

sleeperone View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sleeperone Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 June 2006 at 10:07pm
I have a fan that came out of a laptop to cool down the CPU. I have it on top of where the air vents are ontop of the googles blowing air down over the inside of the lens. I used Duck tape and sheet metal to create channels for the air to flow down. It is a 12 volt fan but a little 9 volt still makes it turn fast enough to keep the googles fog free. I have a switch aroung my chin area to turn it on and off. Radio Shack sells these CPU fans for 15 buck I believe. I have used the fan in dead of winter and dead of summer and it keeps me fog free even when I run around like a rabbit.
Aim once.....
Shoot Often!!
Styro Folme View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Strike 1 - Rules 1 and 2

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Styro Folme Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 June 2006 at 10:33pm
Originally posted by MeanMan MeanMan wrote:

mesh is soft, like, a shirt with a whole bunch of holes in it

i dont think that would stop a tongue

it wouldn't stop my tounge...  i would have to put something stronger than the crotch of some levis...
X
MagnumPeanut View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MagnumPeanut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 June 2006 at 12:10am

Thats a cool idea. I would get my beard caught in it tho.

Ouch me thinks.

sporx View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sporx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 June 2006 at 3:13pm
i perfer not to have a fan. but that's just me.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic