Forum Home Forum Home > Paintball Equipment > Gun Maintenace and Repair
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

QUUUEEESTTION! 98c related

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Gold Member
Gold Member
Guested, Doesnt follow Rules. 9/10/08

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ace_Of_Spades Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: QUUUEEESTTION! 98c related
    Posted: 09 January 2008 at 6:22pm
ok so i have a stock for me 98c, i want to put an LPK on it but the stock gets in the way of the rear cocking mech now...i dont want to take my stock off and i rreeeeeaaaaalllllyyy need that LPK...any words of wisdom?
Ilford Rule View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ilford Rule Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 January 2008 at 9:34pm
Hmm... You could drill a hole through the marker-end of the stock, and then route a slot in the side of the stock to make it side-cocking (attach a cocking handle of some sort to the rear cocking rod). That aside, I've no ideas. I don't know anything about LPKs, so I'm just going with modifying the stock to make it work. But there's probably a better, easier way.
CPro (w/ polished internals)
14" Bigshot
BT SBS
Various Rails
NcSTAR D4B
Macro
AA 68/45

CCI Phantom
45 Grips
Ace_Of_Spades View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ace_Of_Spades Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 January 2008 at 9:43pm
my friend did that exact thing and it didnt work cuz the extension was rubbing on the hole, he didnt want to make the hole any bigger either cuz of water and sand (obvious)...unless you drill a PERFECTLY straight hole, it will end up rubbing and screwing up
tallen702 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Hipster before Hipster was cool...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tallen702 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 January 2008 at 9:46pm
Get rid of the stock, or switch to a t-stock that mounts to the bottom of the grip frame. Sorry, it's either LPK or Stock.
<Removed overly wide sig. Tsk, you know better.>
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ace_Of_Spades Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 January 2008 at 9:49pm
EEEEEEEEEEEWWWWW t-stocks are the ugliest dam things...nooooo thank you, id rather carry a whole nother HPA tank then get a T-stock
tallen702 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Hipster before Hipster was cool...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tallen702 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 January 2008 at 11:02pm
Well, it's performance or looks, your choice.
<Removed overly wide sig. Tsk, you know better.>
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ilford Rule Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 January 2008 at 10:51pm
Do what your friend did (and I suggested ), widen the hole to prevent  friction, and get a BT SBS or rocket cock to cover up the hole again. Problem solved.
14" Bigshot
BT SBS
Various Rails
NcSTAR D4B
Macro
AA 68/45

CCI Phantom
45 Grips
Monk View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Monk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 January 2008 at 11:39pm
A picture would help.
Kingtiger View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Now with 100% more Fail

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kingtiger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 January 2008 at 12:51am
Originally posted by Monk Monk wrote:

A picture would help.
QFT. Don't expect much help without pics.
Snake6 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Outranked by guitarguy?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Snake6 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 January 2008 at 1:31am
Not thinking you are a ub3r 1337 5n1p3r would help...

A lot.
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ilford Rule Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 January 2008 at 2:59pm
when did he say he was snake? some people just like stocks...
14" Bigshot
BT SBS
Various Rails
NcSTAR D4B
Macro
AA 68/45

CCI Phantom
45 Grips
kurieitaa View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kurieitaa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 January 2008 at 4:31pm

Originally posted by Ilford Rule Ilford Rule wrote:

when did he say he was snake? some people just like stocks...

here you go, you got some reading :P

http://tippmann.com/forum/wwf77a/forum_posts.asp?TID=172659& amp;PN=1

Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ilford Rule Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 January 2008 at 7:49pm
I stand corrected!
Snake, please, fire away!
Really. This is a worse case then I've seen in some time.
I didn't feel like reading the whole thread, was DeTrev successful?
14" Bigshot
BT SBS
Various Rails
NcSTAR D4B
Macro
AA 68/45

CCI Phantom
45 Grips
macgyver View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote macgyver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 January 2008 at 7:58pm
     You can always lighten the factory rear bolt and put a lighter spring in it so that it will act just like the LPK rear bolt does.
"My gun shoots ropes so good that i rock climb with it, then when i get to teh top i pwn people snipa style cuz my 21 inch barrel gives me extra distance for headshots." -me but not me
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ilford Rule Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 January 2008 at 1:43pm
Originally posted by macgyver macgyver wrote:

You can always lighten the factory rear bolt and put a lighter spring in it so that it will act just like the LPK rear bolt does.

QFT.

You could also drill a hole into the side of the LPK bolt for a cocking handle, but that might make it too light.
14" Bigshot
BT SBS
Various Rails
NcSTAR D4B
Macro
AA 68/45

CCI Phantom
45 Grips
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ace_Of_Spades Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 January 2008 at 11:33am

snake, are you going to ridicule me for the rest of my forum life just cuz im a decent sniper? honestly, you must have been hit alot by them at an early age to be THIS pessamistic over this

snake, i hvae a problem, why dont you help me instead of being an ASS trying to get your posts up

anyways, i'll try to get a picture ASAP, hes gotten the T-stock since this incident with him, i dont like them b/c they are uncomfortable for me and im NOT just going for the looks, otherwise id get a kit and not mix and match parts, IM making my gun MY own, a mix of good looks on the outside and preformance superiority all around ok?

kurieitaa View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kurieitaa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 January 2008 at 3:26pm
Originally posted by Ace_Of_Spades Ace_Of_Spades wrote:

snake, are you going to ridicule me for the rest of my forum life just cuz im a decent sniper? honestly, you must have been hit alot by them at an early age to be THIS pessamistic over this

yes he is going to haunt you for the rest of your fourm life, untill some one gives up first. 

snake, i hvae a problem, why dont you help me instead of being an ASS trying to get your posts up

um i see you getting your post count up with your useless comments, by putting in your 0.02 with your bs comments that help in no way what so ever.

and allso you got a serious hardon for hammerhead and warsensor barrels <- and no one cares. and by the way snake know's everything more then you and is pointless to try and win an argument against him.

Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ace_Of_Spades Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 January 2008 at 3:32pm
i can really care less about snakes ideals for snipers, its in my signature what my mind set is and no one will change it, im a very talkative guy and i mention those barrels b/c i like them, they work extreemely well...sorry just cuz i dont have 1000+ posts doesnt mean i cant tell people whats good and what isnt, sorry for saying guns look good, sorry for saying guns look bad, sorry for giving people advice, sorry for giving my 0.02 cents about things i find mildly conversational, i dont like flatlines or apex's as much as warsensor or hammerhead... whoopdy ing doo batman,thats my OPINION, is that not what a forum is for??? voicing opinions, giving koodos and advice???

Edited by Ace_Of_Spades - 14 January 2008 at 3:33pm
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ilford Rule Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 January 2008 at 6:14pm
You are not a sniper. You are what spec-ops has led people to believe is a sniper. Spec-ops did not invent paintball. They simply created their so-called player positions as a way to sell people horribly overpriced equipment that they "need" to be a sniper, or rifleman, or whatever it is they feel. Spec-ops are a business, and no matter what they claim, they don't love the sport. As people, maybe they do. But their company has not done anything to help. You are NOT a sniper. The word sniper has existed before paintball. It has a definition. I'm not talking about the "concealed shooter" definition. I'm talking about the meaning of sniper that involves range. You aren't one. Noone is in paintball. Call yourself a sharpshooter. Call yourself a marksman. Don't call yourself a sniper. I'm not trying to insult YOU. I'm just saying that you have bought into a business strategy. Spec-ops are by no means an official governing body.

P.S. That entire post is based around the Spec-ops sniper definition, which is what everyone seems to base things on. Pardon the assumption if it's incorrect.
14" Bigshot
BT SBS
Various Rails
NcSTAR D4B
Macro
AA 68/45

CCI Phantom
45 Grips
Mack View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Has no impulse! control

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 January 2008 at 3:54am

i can really care less about snakes ideals for snipers, . . .

The feeling is probably mutual.

. . . its in my signature . . .

So it must be true!

. . . what my mind set is and no one will change it, . . .

You don't have to change it; you can think whatever you want.  However, other people can think whatever they want as well.  Sometimes different people will hold diametrically opposing views on certain subjects (such as paintball sniping).  This is called a disagreement.  When disagreements occur on the internet, debates often ensue in which each side tries to argue their specific viewpoint.  Sometimes this is done by essentially saying "I'm right just 'cause I'm right," but more often facts and logic come into play.  You've had it easy so far; no one has actually broken out the big guns when it comes to facts/logic yet.  However, if you continue stating your belief in paintball sniper's someone eventually will.  At that point if you fail to provide a successful fact/logic based refutation you will end up just looking silly.  Don't expect everyone to agree with you on this point just because you say it's so.

. . . im a very talkative guy and i mention those barrels b/c i like them, they work extreemely well...sorry just cuz i dont have 1000+ posts doesnt mean i cant tell people whats good and what isnt, . . .

Feel free to state what is good or bad but keep in mind some people will disagree and they have a right to state their opinions as well.

. . . sorry for saying guns look good, sorry for saying guns look bad, sorry for giving people advice, sorry for giving my 0.02 cents about things i find mildly conversational, . . .

You are forgiven.

. . . i dont like flatlines or apex's as much as warsensor or hammerhead... . . .

I'm not a fan of the Apex, but a correctly utilized Flatline can be quite formidable.

. . . whoopdy ing doo batman, thats my OPINION, is that not what a forum is for??? voicing opinions, giving koodos and advice???

Of course, but others can do the same.

Edited by Mack - 15 January 2008 at 2:28pm
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic