Tippmann Paintball Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Paintball Equipment > Upgrades and Customizing
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

What paint for A-5 Flatline?

Post Reply Post Reply
Poll Question: What is the best type of paint to use with the A-5 flatline?
Poll Choice Votes Poll Statistics
2 [9.52%]
3 [14.29%]
16 [76.19%]
You can not vote in this poll

Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shanemiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: What paint for A-5 Flatline?
    Posted: 11 June 2004 at 9:02am

What size works best in flatline?

Rambino View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
I am even less fun in person

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rambino Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 June 2004 at 9:12am

I think 0.689 is still "medium" bore, including PMI Premium, for instance, which works very well in the Flatline.  When you get into 0.691 or more then, in my experience, you start getting breaks.

But any quality small/medium bore paint will work well.  The Flatline is remarkably non-picky on paint.

[IMG]http://i38.tinypic.com/aag8s8.jpg">
tippmann32 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tippmann32 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 June 2004 at 9:29am

***edit i thought i was still in the best guns forum***

Edited by tippmann32
blue B2k3 w/PDS and a crapper of ups
98 custom maxed out
If you want to know anything about Indian Creek Designs guns just PM me and i can tell you
A-5 bunkerking View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
Strike 1, inappropriate sig. 3/11

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote A-5 bunkerking Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 June 2004 at 10:01am
the flatline is a large bore barrel, but small or medium paint works best. the "looseness" between the small paint and bigger bore allow the paintball to achieve greater spin. therefor, increasing the balls range.
good luck
You Wont See Me View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Found in Big Al’s underwear drawer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Wont See Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 June 2004 at 12:06pm
Small to medium bore paint, you want it to be able to roll through.
A-5
E-Grip
JCS Dual Trigger
DOP X-CORE 8 stage x-chamber
Lapco Bigshot 14" Beadblasted

Optional setup:
R/T
Dead on Blade trigger
morbyss View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote morbyss Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 June 2004 at 2:20pm
i personally shoot evil's MID-EVIL out of mine and i love the performance im quality im getting from it
A-5
Flatline Barrel
lpk
tippmann reg
R/T
nitrogen tank
red dot sight
car stock
from Vernon, Connecticut
G-60 rabbit View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote G-60 rabbit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 June 2004 at 9:37pm
suppers buddy! i have an a-5 w/ flatline barrel 47cu 3000 hpa i have been trying as much different paint as i can get my hands on. pmi, gap, zap, pointblank, wgp, seconds, yeah i play alot paintball! i must say that none stand out anymore than the other. really. but i must say: i love that autococker wgp stuff-WORR PAINT i tell you what! that stuff combined with the flatline! i call it the hopper popper! i play in a speedball environment at: wild adventure paintball.

A-5
dbl trigger
flatline
remote coil
47cu 3000psi
snipeyuh12 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote snipeyuh12 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 June 2004 at 12:23am
ANARCHY-MEDIUM works great in any gun
Shut Up And Play!!!
My Tippmann 98c
-halo-backman-LCD version
-lapco bigshot 14in
-J&J ceramic 14in
-psychoballistic W/UFA drop
-3,20oz's co2
-rocket cock
PaINtToXiN View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaINtToXiN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 June 2004 at 4:45pm
You get the best results from anything non eggy. The better the ball the straighter the shot. I've shot several major brands, and have never broken a ball, but i do like Draxxus the best.
pntbl freak View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Wanna do something about it? Well do ya?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pntbl freak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 June 2004 at 4:52pm

When I buy quality paint I get PMI premiums for my flatline.  They seem to work pretty well also.

tippmann89c View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tippmann89c Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 June 2004 at 8:18pm
I use a flatline on my 98c and use Evil paint, which works great with the flatline. I've only had 1 break since I've had it. Good Luck.
paintballboy295 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote paintballboy295 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 June 2004 at 9:12pm

small to mediam

worrgames Karnivor
72ci 3000 psi hpa tank
halo with victory board(soon)
jongoboon View Drop Down
Strike 1: Spam

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jongoboon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 August 2004 at 5:34pm
I think you should get any thing just as long as it's not cheap like blue streak.
You can call me the Predator.

11" Spyder Xtra Barrel(Cmo)
8" Spyder Imagine Barrel
Spyder Xtra (Camo)
Home Made Q-loader
mod98commando View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mod98commando Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 August 2004 at 9:44pm
I've used all different stuff through my flatline and I think the top 3 are (starting with best) Evil, marbs, and PMI premium. I had pretty good results with team colors at west point too surprisingly. I used to avoid that stuff like the plague when I first started playing because it would break in the gun way more often than anything else. Then I used it again at west point and it wasn't too bad. In fact, it was actually pretty good. I've had decent results with diablo midnight and blaze too but my favorite so far without a doubt is evil. My friend bought a bag a while ago and we were doing some target practice so I tried them with the flatline. I'll definitely be buying evil whenever possible.
oreomann33: Everybody invades Poland

Rofl_Mao: And everyone eats turkey

Me: But only if they're hungary

Mack: Yeah but hungary people go russian through their food and end up with greece on everyth
sort View Drop Down
I make no sense. Then I argue about it.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sort Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 August 2004 at 8:20pm

Evil works best for me....closely followed by WORR....Great consistancy and hardly any breaks....

HOPPER POPPER? That's a new one........

Revelations 6:8--It's not revenge, it's Punishment.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic