Tippmann Paintball Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Tippmann Paintball > Paintball Ideas / News From Tippmann
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Tree Forts

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 98c Dude13 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Tree Forts
    Posted: 18 June 2004 at 10:31am

I just built a tree fort on my half speedball and have woodsball course and I am havin trouble on a way to get your gun down to the ground.I thought about making a little thing on my camo jacket so the clip on my 98c could just clip on that while I slide down the rope but only four out of like eight of us have tippmanns so do you all have any ideas?                                       

TIPPMANN 98 CUSTOM
14" Progressive barrel   
32* Black gel grips
BT-16 Double trigger
Pen Spring Mod
X-core Expansion Chamber
Vertical Adapter
mutated pig View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mutated pig Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 June 2004 at 1:58pm

it would be cool to just have a big basket attached to a rope. line it with a couple blankets, and just lower it down and have the other end of the rope attached to the fort so they could pull it up.  and make sure its big enough to hold multiple guns

E98Flatline View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote E98Flatline Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 June 2004 at 2:12pm
Build some stairs...makes the whole thing a whole lot easier
-Tippmann 98 Custom
-Flatline Barrel
-E Trigger
-E Hopper
-Collapsable Commando Stock
-Hell in the field
-
98c Dude13 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 98c Dude13 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 June 2004 at 3:38pm

Yea the basket is an idea but we have the rope at angle so when you come down you really swing down. So far we have a dog leash to clip on the trigger gaurd.But no one wants to do that.And only one person can fit in the tree fort at a time.  

And I can't build stairs because the bark is really hard to get off and it's like 4 inches thick.

TIPPMANN 98 CUSTOM
14" Progressive barrel   
32* Black gel grips
BT-16 Double trigger
Pen Spring Mod
X-core Expansion Chamber
Vertical Adapter
Barn View Drop Down
My barn door is open

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Barn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 June 2004 at 4:45pm

The problem I had with tree forts is getting the gun up, but if you get hit while climbing it, or when you up there, there was the chance I could fall.

P.S. I fell while testing it

Do You like It??
...I Love It
Snake6 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Outranked by guitarguy?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Snake6 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 June 2004 at 5:01pm

Tree forts are death traps, they are wothless. you get stuck up in there with no way down.

seargeantjim View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote seargeantjim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 June 2004 at 9:20pm
Yeah, never stay in a tree fort, some people I know had one, and they used shingles as walls. Well they didnt think a paintball could go through it either. All I did was stand behind a tree and open up on full auto, marking them many times. What a waste of time and work for them. Besides, if I saw someone trying to climb a tree fort I would deffinitly take them as my first target. There without a weapon, and climbing slow. But my whole opinion on the thing is, dont use it at all because someone may fall and get you in a possible law-suit.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 98c Dude13 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 June 2004 at 10:49pm

Ya but only two guys want to use it and they are really good at gettin up and down fast. And I built it only for capture the fort not regular paintball.

TIPPMANN 98 CUSTOM
14" Progressive barrel   
32* Black gel grips
BT-16 Double trigger
Pen Spring Mod
X-core Expansion Chamber
Vertical Adapter

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote seargeantjim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 June 2004 at 3:43pm
Well thats fine if you dont use it for paintball. But even if there good at climbing trees, a ball going 300 FPS can make a person fall, especially if they aim in the right place.
LiTePro View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LiTePro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 June 2004 at 11:24pm
why not get a strap on your gun put the gun on your shoulder and there you go
When Brains Fail Brute Strength Will Prevail

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote seargeantjim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 June 2004 at 8:29am

litepro is right, a sling would possibly work.

hashi2008 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
Strike 1 - Racial Slur

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hashi2008 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 June 2004 at 2:28pm
 Before I state my opinion, I will answer your question. Jsut do it the hunter's way. Lower the damn thing down on a rope. If you want, you can pull up the 4 corners of a shirt or old towel and tie it to a rope to make a basket like thing. Now, If I were you, I would take the fort down and use the wood (and some more wood) to build a ground fort. If you can find a hill to put it on, then you're set for a fun "take the fort" game. If you can find two hills really close, then you have it made (just build another fort).
sgt.west View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sgt.west Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 June 2004 at 5:29pm

i would just try it

Sampaintballguy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sampaintballguy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 June 2004 at 11:01pm

just get a gun sling!

"Victory shall be mine......ahh Damn You all."
             Stewart Griffin,
evil_fingers View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Strike 1 - Inappropriate sig

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote evil_fingers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 June 2004 at 9:20pm

Use a milk crate to haul up yer equipment to the tree fort, several markers, hoppers and several boxes of paint can placed in it at the sametime....milk crates are easy find, jus grab the biggest one you can find at yer local grocery store....I have several and I put all my junk in em.

Do not steal....the government hates competition!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 98c Dude13 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 June 2004 at 10:08pm
  ok thanks I thought about doing that.  but how would u raise it and lower without moving alot and be noticed easily?
TIPPMANN 98 CUSTOM
14" Progressive barrel   
32* Black gel grips
BT-16 Double trigger
Pen Spring Mod
X-core Expansion Chamber
Vertical Adapter
evil_fingers View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Strike 1 - Inappropriate sig

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote evil_fingers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 June 2004 at 3:15am

Use the same concept as a 2 handled tote bag.

Do not steal....the government hates competition!
BullWinkle View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BullWinkle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 June 2004 at 5:04am

What you need is team work. We got 3 tree stands on our course. Your team needs to lay cover fire while team mate goes up. With your teammate up in the stand he can then get better angles on opposing team. Once a few of your teammates have been taken out get out of tree stand before your surrounded.

Some one said tree stands are death traps but if you don't have any retards on your team then tree stands are great.

whydoibother View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote whydoibother Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 June 2004 at 8:06am

you need to buy a sling so you can have it on your back but you also need 2 improve the fort by supporting your fall down with like a wooden wall er somthin. plus improve your fort  by buying some boards that with hold.

trus me i have a 98c with only one upgrade,a 16" sniper barrel and a sling

Edited by whydoibother
ms2013 View Drop Down
Strike 1: Political campaigning

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ms2013 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 June 2004 at 11:38am
snipers in WWII in the pacific were deadly when they started firing. as soon as they were spotted, it was a long way down. japanese, snipers, they went the way of the coconut. CRASH!

john.
ProLite M-16 18 AA
Ak47 A5 Egrip flatline
M-1 Garande Automag 18 AA
98C RT Thompson w/ Drum mag
A5 MP5, Egrip, Armson Phantom,Stock, 12gr
98C RT HK33 Flatline

UTTER DESTRUCTION OF QUIXTAR!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic