Tippmann Paintball Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Paintball Equipment > Upgrades and Customizing
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

flatline vs 14" barrel

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thepbmaster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 September 2004 at 3:22pm
I have a 14" progressive and I am happy with it
X 303 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote X 303 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 September 2004 at 5:23pm

Originally posted by depackers91 depackers91 wrote:

flatline shoots farther and 14" shoots faster

At 285 FPS, both barrels will shoot the same speed.  The flat trajectory gives it the illusion that it's going slower

I'd say flatline, easier to aim with, especially with a sight or red-dot.

A5
Flatline
Car stock w/ built-in RVA
Remote
20oz Co2
Leatherman Wave (for repairs)
youm0nt View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

MY CAPS LOCK IS STUCK HELP!!!!!!!!!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote youm0nt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 September 2004 at 6:53pm
14" bigshot.
mustake View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mustake Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 September 2004 at 10:18pm
CP two piece!!!! Flatlines suck, in my opinion. They are not accurate at all.
"stop breathing my air!"
WesterlyBaller View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WesterlyBaller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 September 2004 at 8:04am
i personally hate the flatline system. Yes it may give you some extra distance but it is the least accurate thing i have ever seen. I dont see how anyone can waste thier time.
Timmy Tango View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Timmy Tango Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 September 2004 at 11:59am
for all u friggin idiots out there the flatline is only accurate barrel to bore match so just by a small-medium bore and keep the fps around 270-280 and it will be a whole lot more accurate than u think. the flatline is an accurate barrel when used properly i'd know i own one and love it
Tippmann a-5
Flatline
car stock
swatforce red dot
raised sight rail
micro cap
to be added:
m249 stock
sling
harris bipod
laser kit
weaver rail shroud
mag kit
r/t
total support!!!

CodFillet8063 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CodFillet8063 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 September 2004 at 7:29pm
I could shoot an average sized tree (the kind that you'd get shot if you tried to hide behind it) from 180 ft. consistantly with my flatline. Takes a little paint matching, tweaking, and practice but it's worth it.
So long, and thanks for all the fish.
DRAGON View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
Guested = Massive sig.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DRAGON Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 September 2004 at 8:21pm
The Flatline is heavy as I think it looks koo though. I personally don't like the way the balls glide through the air from them. They're pretty loud as well. If there is a need to turn your marker while shooting, the balls will either fly to the left or right depending on which way the marker is turned. So essentially you always need to keep the marker at a side 90* plane from the ground. For the big price they cost I could think of some other nice barrels to get. I myself would not spend that much on a barrel anyways. The most I've ever spent is $65 on a AA barrel for my Imp -

I think you should get a 14" J&J ceramic for your 98. They only cost about $35, they're light as , quiet and accurate. You won't need to buy any specific small bore paint for them either like the Flatline requires. The most common paints available are of a medium bore size and that will match the J&J perfectly -
Blue Hopper View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Blue Hopper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 September 2004 at 4:08pm
Originally posted by X 303 X 303 wrote:

Originally posted by depackers91 depackers91 wrote:

flatline shoots farther and 14" shoots faster

At 285 FPS, both barrels will shoot the same speed.  The flat trajectory gives it the illusion that it's going slower

I'd say flatline, easier to aim with, especially with a sight or red-dot.

Yeah plus its in the air for a longer period of time and at long distances the ball will slow down. If your willing to spend a little extra money for the more expspensive paint theres nothing to compare w/ a flatlines accuracy

Notice:
The views exspressed in this post do not represent that of the Tippmann Company or the Paintball community but solely the individual who type it.
TippyManic32 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TippyManic32 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 September 2004 at 4:44pm
14" barrel is accurate, flatline shoots farther
roadrunner0535 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote roadrunner0535 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 September 2004 at 4:53pm

14"dye ultralite or 14" dye boomstick...2 peice so u can adjust the length

flatline-shoot farther...but...balls catch each other in barrel and if ball breaks in barrel...can't hit anything 3 feet in front of u

98c seclusion
14" dye ultralite
rufus dawg 2x stick trigg
remote
full-auto mod
My 98C
100% smart parts
ghilliesnipe View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ghilliesnipe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 September 2004 at 3:29pm

Without knowing more about your setup and style of play I really can't say.  I know the flatline takes some real effort (and upgrades)to get it to be accurate. 

Originally posted by CodFillet8063 CodFillet8063 wrote:

I could shoot an average sized tree (the kind that you'd get shot if you tried to hide behind it) from 180 ft. consistantly with my flatline. Takes a little paint matching, tweaking, and practice but it's worth it.

From 180 ft?  What's your setup? 

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic