Tippmann Paintball Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Tippmann Paintball > Paintball Ideas / News From Tippmann
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

camo net

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Gold Member
Gold Member
Guested Pottymouth

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote A5 dude15 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: camo net
    Posted: 24 June 2004 at 11:21pm
next time im gonna play i think im gonna get some camo net to cover up my head and neck, im also think im going to put some on my gun some how....i guess i could drape it over the gun and then put a rubber band around my hopper to keep it in place......or i could just get a camo paint job, but for some reason im still kinda leanin towards the camo net idea. the main reason i want ti is so i can cover up all of my my exposed skin cus im white and i kinda stand out in a bush......yeah so do u think its a good idea?
Smitty View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Murdock ... I’m comin’ ta get YOU!!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Smitty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 June 2004 at 11:35pm
I think it is a good idea. i'd rather get the paintjob for the gun though. r u a "sniper"? im guessing so because you have a stock and stuff. how do you like your E-Grip? i've heard good things about them. sweet idea i think though.
5ptcontingency View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 5ptcontingency Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 June 2004 at 9:02am
Camo netting, ghillie suits, etc, are used to break up the outline of a recognizable object, like a weapon or person. Camo paint usually doesn't have quite the same effect. Most people I know have no trouble identifying a camo painted marker. But, the camo net is a lot more trouble, since it'll probably get snagged of stuff, and also might make noise.
A5 dude15 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
Guested Pottymouth

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote A5 dude15 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 June 2004 at 4:07pm

yeah i like to snipe but my gun isnt as quite as quiet as id want it to be even with the whisper barrel because the A5 is loud to start with, so i am considering buying a silencer for it.   the e-grip works great!.....it was really easy to install and it didnt take that much time either.....another thing i like about it is that its still ok to use it even when yur sniping because u can still barely pull the trigger on full auto and only let out one shot so then u wouldnt give away yur position but when they r really open then u just hold on the trigger and give them a paint job.  i think it is definitly one of the best or if not the best upgrade u can get on the A5.

A5 dude15 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
Guested Pottymouth

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote A5 dude15 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 June 2004 at 4:13pm
contigency, i agree with u about identifying the camo paint markers, it is easy but when i will use the camo net i could tie it down with rubber bands on my gun then it wouldnt really get caught on the surroundings that much.  but i think it mightt get caught a little if im resting it on my head and neck, but then again snipers dont move that much so mabye it wouldnt get caught that much. 
theghostguy6 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote theghostguy6 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 June 2004 at 4:36pm
 Camo net is made of a plastic material so it is noisy and it get caught on everything! get an old olive drab rag and cut alot ot strps into it . It is quieter and if you do it right it looks better too
team sniper
A-5
14" CUSTOM MADE SNIPER BARREL
COLLAPSABLE SHOULDER STOCK
DOUBLE TRIGGER
DROP FORWARD
IR LASER SCOPE
POLISHED INTERNALS
A5 dude15 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
Guested Pottymouth

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote A5 dude15 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 June 2004 at 8:28pm
Well me and a5 dude15 play alot because he lives right across the creek in my back yard, and when you said the camo net gets tangled up, our woods aren't that thick to do that.
A5 dude15 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
Guested Pottymouth

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote A5 dude15 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 June 2004 at 8:34pm
on the above reply my friend was on my account while he was at my house thinking that it was his......hes stupid some times. but yes anyway i kinda like that idea better anywayz .....it would be quiter and according to u it looks good to so thank u for yur help and helpin me save some money.
team_DKOTA View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote team_DKOTA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 June 2004 at 12:15pm
if you have the patience (and beleive me you willl need alot) id make my own ghillie suit. theres a guide on pbnation.com somewhere. ill try to find a link. but if your old like me and dont like moving around much then a ghillie suit is great.
98c Dude13 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 98c Dude13 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 June 2004 at 11:11pm

I like woodsball because it feels morew military because you have to be really sneaky and be good at bein camoflauge and stuff.One of my friends is afraid to play on my course now because one time i sneaked up like 20 feet away and lit him up.He sucked anyways.

TIPPMANN 98 CUSTOM
14" Progressive barrel   
32* Black gel grips
BT-16 Double trigger
Pen Spring Mod
X-core Expansion Chamber
Vertical Adapter
A5 dude15 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
Guested Pottymouth

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote A5 dude15 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 December 2004 at 5:25pm
hahaha ^^^^stefan...what a whimp he doesnt even deserve to play paintball. when u snuck sround and shot him he was like " god turn down yur velocity they feel like real bullets!!!!!" lmao, wut a whimp
paintballspook View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote paintballspook Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 December 2004 at 6:33pm
Try this. Go to almost any drug store and buy elastic bands. The fabric kind. Cut them into lengths and loop them so that they can be streched over different parts of the gun. You can either sew them or use a strong glue. I recomend shoo goo, or amazing goop. They are incedibly strong glues. Paint your gun like od green, brown, something like that for background and it helps with blending. Now with the staps on their, you can insert vegitation from the feild your playing at. It works a lot better then cammo netting and is cheeper. The same can be done with your clothing.
If you can see me, its only because I already shot you.
Juno Trevan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Juno Trevan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 December 2004 at 8:41pm
Note on silencers....

The following states permit the use of silencers: AL, AR, AK, AZ, CO, CT, FL, GA, ID, IN, KY, LA, ME, MD, MS, MT, NE, NV, NH, NM, NC, ND, OH, OK, OR, PA, SC, SD, TN, TX, UT, VA, WA, WV, WI, and WY.
Additionally, they maybe owned by Class 3 dealers and Class 2 manufacturers (but not individuals) in: CA, IA, KS, MA, MO, and MI. Territorial law prohibits possession in the Territories and Possessions of the United States.
Illegal possesion will result in 250,000 fine, 10 years in prison, or both.

The BATF classifies a silencer as any device which can be modified to attatch to a firearm that will lower the muzzle report more than three decibles.

To own a silencor legally, you must register it with the BATF and pay a one time fee of $200.

So if you are going to buy a silencer, since you have to pay a 200 dollar fee, you might as well get a nice one. And please do not tell me "Well I can just buy one for 20 bucks off eBay!". The illegal sell of a silencer is very serious, and if you do see one being sold on eBay, ask the seller to remove it politely. I have done this numerous times. Only once has someone not complied. Normally it's just out of ignorance of the law that they sell these, but when one is informed and does not remove it, I do go to higher authority. And it is taken care of accordingly. So please, do not illegally purchase a silencer.

Also, please do not argue with me about loop holes in the law and how everything could be a silencer, etc. Pillows are not considered silencers, and no one eill ever consider them to be so, so don't tell me that those are illegal, etc.
It is the strong that make the weak.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic