Tippmann Paintball Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Paintball Equipment > Upgrades and Customizing
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

New Gun

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote INTIMIDATOR 88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 July 2004 at 6:14pm
PEOPLE WHO SAY TIPPMANNS SUCK HAVE NEVER SHOT THEM
holysmartone View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
1 strike- language in posted image 6/9

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote holysmartone Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 July 2004 at 6:48pm
Ok, I wish people would stop yelling at someone for saying they want to be a sniper. First off, a sniper is not a gun, its the person. If you want to try and snipe (aka use one well placed long distance shot to take someone out) go outside and practice shooting plates from a certain distance. You will not get wasted just because you try and sit back and "snipe".  You DO need to be within a reasonable range. Dont try to snipe so much as make careful medium distanced shots. You are not likely to succeed if you try and shoot someone from across a field. Try shooting from a closer difference. Now, as for a good gun to "snipe" with, my 98c actually does a good job. I have a Armson stealth barrel and it does very good at close-to-medium range. I also own a flatline, but am not a big fan of it. Also I would recommend a expansion chamber, or a remote line. The remote does just as good as an expansion chamber and lets you get that annoyingly heavy tank off of your gun. If you are going with a remote then you should consider a solid/teloscoping stock. Otherwise, just put the tnak up to your shoulder, works just as well. Response trigger or e-bolt is a waste of money in my opinion, as I can do just as well with 1 shot as many people can do with 20. You dont really need to be able to shoot faster than the stock 98 can fire. Also, a new front/rear bolt may also be a good idea. And the rocket cock for sure. Makes things cleaner and quieter.
hashi2008 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
Strike 1 - Racial Slur

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hashi2008 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 July 2004 at 8:33pm
!!!!!!! EXACTLY! Thanks for proving my point bud.
Founder of the "Forumers Against the Ugly Woman Sigs" also known as FAUWS.
bowers182 View Drop Down
Strike 1 - S-Bomb (F21)

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bowers182 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 July 2004 at 10:33pm
what are you guys talking about,  a sniper doesnt need a response trigger.  a pump gun is all it takes!
i type slow View Drop Down
I need a thesaurus. & Spam Strike 2 6/13

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote i type slow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 June 2005 at 4:59pm
i am a sniper and proud of it!!! i have a 16 inch tippmann barrel  fx colapsabel stock expansion chamber good setup!
^^correct me if im wrong^^

search before you post!
98cowboy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 98cowboy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 June 2005 at 8:01pm

From my experience a sniper is someone who is

Hid very well

A very good shot

Quiet

And a sniper is someone who after they shoot you, your looking around pissed off wondering where the hell they are before you go to the dead box..

Its happend to me, Ive done it myself, and I know its happend to you..

GO BUCKS!!!

rossy11223 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rossy11223 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 June 2005 at 8:48pm
Get the 98c and customize it out to your personal preferance. The possibilties are endless.
Skillet42565 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Strike 1: Taunting Mods on Facebook

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Skillet42565 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 June 2005 at 9:30am
I wouldnt call myself a sniper, since a sniper is a military scout/sniper type person who is trained to make insanely long shots with a superiorly accurate weapon.  I would prefer to call my job "scout/marksman," since I make medium range shots and I dont sit around all day waiting for my target to come to me.  I just pick my target from the enemy line-up, usually the captain or heavy gunner, and I go find his muppet arse.  The object of the "sniper" isnt to just sit and camp, snipers are trained in the art of taking out one certain target without being seen or heard, so try that instead of getting a newby 21 inch barrel (a 14 or 16 will work just fine really, anything else is a waste of gas) and move around, and dont just shoot the first guy you come across, you gotta wait for the right moment, and always shoot from the back, so they dont see which way your shooting from, since paintballs dont fly as fast as a bullet. (duh)  Also, i found this AWESOME marksman weapon for paintballers... check this shiz out! http://www.specialopspaintball.com/articles/specops_longbow. asp
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic