Tippmann Paintball Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Paintball Equipment > Upgrades and Customizing
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

New Gun

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote I eat paint Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: New Gun
    Posted: 11 July 2004 at 8:49pm

Alrighty

I got a new gun last christmas from my parents. It was a Spyder Fenix. It's an okay gun( not menchoning all of those problems i get every time i play!). It was holding up for me fine so i bought a bolt and it made it even  better. This gun kind of satisfies me, but not very much. I found what i would really like though. Earlier on today i was playing with our club and we had to guests from a different field called renegades. Anyways, these guys were all dressed up in camo and everything and they had these cool tippmann guns. Well, they were sniping and that really got me interested in starting to snipe or do half and half.

So i started looking around. And i remember one of the guys had an A5 with some upgrades and a laser sight and some kind of stock( i dont think it was a stock it was that metal bar with the thing that curves like a shark fin at the end). I was pretty impressed but i was looking around and i saw a few stuff but i just dont know.

This is where i need help.

What is a good gun for sniping?
Would a stock be good or the kind the guy had?
What kind of stuff do i need?

I dont have much money... mabe about 400 or 500 with mine and my parents money...but if you have ideas over my range tell me anyways. If you have pictures of your sniper gun post it up here!

Edited by I eat paint
Enos Shenk View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
~-o@

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Enos Shenk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 July 2004 at 9:17pm
Man, your going to get lit up for wanting to be a "sniper"...

And you posted this in the wrong place. Lets move this to Upgrades & Customizing shall we.

Im guessing from your description that he had a BPUSA folding stock. Something like this?

Edited by Enos Shenk
Bomber Brigade View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bomber Brigade Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 July 2004 at 9:22pm
You can't snipe but if you are get a phantom. If you got over snipeing get a 98c.
I eat paint View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote I eat paint Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 July 2004 at 9:24pm

Well, like i said, i might just do a little of both. But a sniper gun would be awesome.
I don't know, whats wrong with wanting to be a sniper?

And Plus, we play at a huge woodsball field with a bunch of games that would be great for snipers...but has anyone ever tried this before that can tell me about it?

Edited by I eat paint
Commander Cool View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Commander Cool Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 July 2004 at 9:40pm

look, everyones gonna tell u this, there are no snipers in paintball, only mis-informed noobs with flatlines sitting in one spot for an entire game, let your sniper dreams die and wise up.  if u just wanna shoot long distances and cut through brush get a tippy with a flatline.  but dont use the "s" word in this forum or u will inevitable get flammed.

cheers.

-=PEACE OUT=-
Darklight View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Darklight Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 July 2004 at 9:40pm

if you want to be a sniper and are gonna play woodsball this is what i would suggest sould be in your price range

98c 125$

flatline barrel 109$  this barrel adds backspin and increases range and accuracy

responce trigger 70$  uses excess gas to reset trigger allowing for faster trigger pull

expansion chamber i would get the the tippmann kit its realtivy cheap for what ya get 45$ this will increas consistency =ing accuracy

after that get paint, co2 and field addmission dont get a stock they are over rated i perosnally like the butt stocks for the end of co2 canisters but thats me

oh and maybe a rocketcock 15$ this covers your back bolt and keeps out dirt and paint

thats a good setup for a sniper/whatever it will be accurate and have good range

good luck

The most important part of a gun is the player behind it.
TOPGUN 414 View Drop Down
Strike 2 - Foul language

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TOPGUN 414 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 July 2004 at 9:55pm
98 custom will be the best choice. stock, flatline, response and a remote coil will help. A-5's are AMAZING but they the 98c is the best sniper

A5
RT
Mp5 clip
Mp5 handguard
dual offset rail
tactical flashlight w p/s
42mm simmons redot
polished internals
maddman spring kit
starfire bolt
fx style stock
14in nightstik barrel
tippmann505 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tippmann505 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 July 2004 at 10:10pm

dark light dont forget the double trigger and eletronic loader to go with that rt. that would probaly be one of the bestwoods ball setups. and maybe even a stock and a remote

98-130                                                                                           

response-70

exp chamber & vert bottle-50

flatline-105

double trig-20

stock-55

remote-30

evoII(this is what i would go with if i had a r/t)-70

grand total-530 ( i know this is a little bit over ur price budget but this would be one of the best "sniper" setups) and besides if u really want to stay within ur budget just eliminate the remote and stock that will bring u down to about 445(u dont really need them they would just be kindof cool)

Edited by tippmann505
Doyle182 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Doyle182 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 July 2004 at 10:14pm

ive wanted a spyder Fenix since they came out, very beautiful gun, way to pricy for a Spyder tho

If you are looking for a longer shooting gun i suggest buying a Pro-Carbine, They can accept A-5 Barrel threads so you can get a 21'' barrel not sure how it works tho, Pro-Carbines are  a bit pricey becasue of there design but are a awesome marker no less

Edited by Doyle182
Jaan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jaan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 July 2004 at 10:16pm

Originally posted by Commander Cool Commander Cool wrote:

look, everyones gonna tell u this, there are no snipers in paintball <snip>

Well, to play devils advocate for a moment ...

If you want to be a "sniper", meaning if you want to be able to take people out with one shot, then practice.  The gun isn't the most important thing to be a "paintball sniper", you need skills.  At least 95% of it is you.  You have to practice shooting, practice getting the drop on people etc.  Start by just going out into the woods someday with your gun for a couple of hours.

For what it's worth, my friend Steve was considered a "sniper" ... his trick was not to shoot until he saw the whites of their eyes.  It works surprisingly well.

MSG.Mobius View Drop Down
Strike 1, "S-Bomb" & More (F18)

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MSG.Mobius Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 July 2004 at 10:21pm

Originally posted by TOPGUN 414 TOPGUN 414 wrote:

98 custom will be the best choice. stock, flatline, response and a remote coil will help. A-5's are AMAZING but they the 98c is the best sniper

This REALLY "angers" me! Dont say its a good SNIPER dam whatever retard said this first a sniper is not a gun!!! Its a person!

Coming in May 2005!
thecorpseman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thecorpseman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 July 2004 at 10:29pm
Yo I Eat Paint Where do you live? Was the team the BMF
renegades from sf. I got my a-5 from there store.
TOPGUN 414 View Drop Down
Strike 2 - Foul language

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TOPGUN 414 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 July 2004 at 2:25am

Originally posted by TOPGUN 414 TOPGUN 414 wrote:

mobius if you have nothing to say to the guy dont invade his thread, oh yea WHO CARES WHAT A SNIPER IS OR IS NOT

A5
RT
Mp5 clip
Mp5 handguard
dual offset rail
tactical flashlight w p/s
42mm simmons redot
polished internals
maddman spring kit
starfire bolt
fx style stock
14in nightstik barrel
Tim_Scam View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tim_Scam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 July 2004 at 11:19pm
you dont need sniper gear to be a sniper all you need is a paintball gun and skills.
newone View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote newone Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 July 2004 at 6:41am
I think(jaan) said it best Just practice with what you have,don't go out and play all the time. take paper plates with you and shoot them at diffirent ranges and see where you'r gun shoots at.then when you play you will find the more you practice the better you will get.
                     A-5
flatline
tippmann 14"(s) barrel
R/T & now the E-GRIP (accuracy by volume)
expansion chamber
bsa.red dot
polished internals
MROD View Drop Down
Strike 2 vulgar material 2/2

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MROD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 July 2004 at 7:13am
NO NO NO. Why do all the noobs want to be snipers? WHY? WHY? WHY? Sniping in paintball= no good. You will lose so horribly.
I need to find smaller pictures for my profile.
Joshy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Joshy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 July 2004 at 9:23am
A5 is a good choice.
I guarantee that I am better than you at Halo 2.
hashi2008 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
Strike 1 - Racial Slur

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hashi2008 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 July 2004 at 11:28am
 Just get a 98 Custom and a good barrel (not over 14". 21" is just noob crap, Doyle). Then, practice practice practice! "Sniper" in the true military form is not likely in paintball (nor is it smart in most cases). I like to call my position "The Tactical Middle-player", or TTM. I stay in the Middle (rather than back because everyone is close in woodsball). Then I only used tacticaly placed shots to hit my target withen only a few well-placed shots when they peek out of a bunker. To do this you have to be quite and cammoed and well familiarized w/ your gun. Practice placing your shots from a while back.
Founder of the "Forumers Against the Ugly Woman Sigs" also known as FAUWS.
turbo-archer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote turbo-archer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 July 2004 at 1:45pm

My brother has an A-5 with a flatline and a scouting scope.

It ROCKS.   If he wanted, he can tag someone 100 feet away or more.

Personally, I have a 98 Custom and I'm gonna put a 14 in barrel and a red dot scope on it.

Just an idea!

98c - baller View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 98c - baller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 July 2004 at 2:00pm
ok I got a 2k4 BKO (anything but a sniper) and wit a lil pratice a can hit ppl in one shot easy but since i got da choas board in my gun I find hitting ppl wit 20 shots ( i have 20bos) with good accuracy is more fun
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic