Tippmann Paintball Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Tippmann Paintball > Paintball Ideas / News From Tippmann
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Bunker Construction Ideas

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
Long_Shot View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Long_Shot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 July 2004 at 10:46am

Hey guys,

Haven't posted recently because I've been spending too much time either playing or working on making our various practice fields better.  And it was this that gave me an idea for a thread I hadn't seen recently, bunker construction ideas.  It seems that 90% of the bunkers you see (on rec/woodsball fields) are either natural soft cover, mound-type bunkers, or are constructed of pallets.  These all work well, but each have their downfalls.

We play in several wooded fields on 15-20 acre lots.  The property isn't ours, but we've been given permission to use it as long as we don't trash up the place or attract undue attention.  For this reason we've looked at alternatives to discarded materials as bunkers, opting instead for something that won't be as obtrusive.

For this we've come up with something I don't see elsewhere, we've taken 3ml shrink-wrap plastic (I know some of you won't have access to this, but to those of you who have access to warehouse materials, it's no harder than getting pallets).  Each piece of plastic is draped over a piece of cable which is tied between two trees or staked into the ground (though we have made some free-standing bunkers with 2x4's sunk into the ground a foot or so).  The two bottom ends, which should be loose are then stapled into a 2x4 the length of the bunker to add weight and keep it from blowing or shifting.  From here soft cover or spray paint can be used to disguise the bunker from sight.  It's worked well and is easily removed should the field ever need to be cleared.

I appreciate any other ideas, as we're trying several things that haven't been played out by others.

Thanks,
Long_Shot

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic