Forum Home Forum Home > Tippmann Paintball > Marker Gallery
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

One Pretty Sick Tippmann A-5

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3456>
Author
Gold Member
Gold Member
Likes to eat "Meat"

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote borntopaint Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 August 2004 at 4:47pm
you have the grip i want.  did you know that they make one for the front? it looks just the same  ne wayz that looks nice.

"I normally refrain from conversation during gestation."
RaNgEr_Chris View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RaNgEr_Chris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 August 2004 at 5:35pm
Wow, nice milsim. MP5? If you'll excuse me, I have to...*thud*
Watch out! Flying Barrel Plugs!

Ferrets rock!
TIPP123 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TIPP123 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 August 2004 at 8:15pm

where did you get the grip PM me

yeah id bet that your right on that one
dye prs View Drop Down
Diapers??

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dye prs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 August 2004 at 5:26am
what happend to your comp-air? is it sick?
Greedy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Greedy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 September 2004 at 12:15pm
Originally posted by dye prs dye prs wrote:

what happend to your comp-air? is it sick?

What comp air?

I've stated like 3 times where I got the grips from, PM me if you can't find it.

Yes I know they have one for the front grip, don't want to overkill, thanx for the suggestion though.

NEW PICS UP!!!! Phase 1 of 2 complete.
Tricked? Sick? Uber? Hell, what does that make this?!?
www.tippmannowners.com
PBalla2242 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PBalla2242 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 September 2004 at 2:02pm
can you look down the barrel when the stock is folded on top?

"As far back as I can remember, I've always wanted to be a gangster."
TippyManic32 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TippyManic32 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 September 2004 at 5:19pm
Looks ok I guess
tank92 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tank92 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 September 2004 at 7:43pm
U-G-L-Y
Greedy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Greedy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 September 2004 at 8:11pm
Originally posted by tank92 tank92 wrote:

U-G-L-Y

At least you're honest.  A little exaggeration would have been nice.

Keep it coming.
www.tippmannowners.com
OldSkoolBaller View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OldSkoolBaller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 September 2004 at 9:02am
Very nice
"We do it until our balls break!"

A5 w/ E-grip (APE Rampage board) & JCS Trigger,
Outkast 'cocker w/ mucho upgrades
Greedy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Greedy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 September 2004 at 12:53am
Thank you Oldskoolballer, I don't mind hearing bad news everyone :)
www.tippmannowners.com
Boydster View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Boydster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 September 2004 at 11:41am
I'm glad to see you finally got a fire power upgrade. That seems a little wierd though... You spent 800+ dollars on your gun and it never could shoot over 7 balls a second until now.

If I were you, I'd use your stock front grip and put the Palmer in the tombstone adapter. The Palmer, in my opinion, is already really long and to have it on the vertical adapter just makes it longer. And for me, I'm a little weiry to hold the Palmer as tight as I do to the front grip. Seems like the threads might break or something.

I like the look of the J&J grip frame but the old plastic grip feels so much better. Well, compared to the 98, the plastic grips feel a lot better. It's pretty much the same though, right?

The only things I can suggest to you is get an RVA, use the barrel kit instead of the Flatline, and use the stock front grip.

9.8/10 Awesome!

Edited by Boydster
Boydster View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Boydster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 September 2004 at 2:46pm
Here's another idea... Buy a Pro-Team Sniper f/x full stock to replace the one you have.

It's not adjustable or foldable but it looks so cool. I'm not a fan of stocks but if I ever got one, that would be it. It's one peice, doesn't wobble, and gives a good solid feel.

And on the A-5, why have the foldability? You just remove two quick strip pins and it's out... Just throw the stock endcap or RVA in and you have a speedball gun. 20 second job. I can see why people would want folding stocks on the model 98, but not the A-5.
evil-NYX View Drop Down
Strike 1 - Motherlessly HUGE SIG

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote evil-NYX Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 September 2004 at 3:52pm

i kinda agree that its ugly, but its still nice for an a-5. 

I guess

Greedy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Greedy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 September 2004 at 10:25am
Thanx for the suggestions Boydster but I'm never going to go back to the double grip look. I agree though, the Palmer is long but meh, I can deal with it.

I was planning on taking some pics with the barrel kit but I got lazy and just didn't, I'll have to do that soon so everyone can see the other variotion. The stock plastic 45 grip is well, boring, the skulls spice it up but I still have the original one of course.

RVA, I don't think it will fit, plus I don't have a need for it. Then again I don't have a neet for alot of things. The reason for the folding stock is simple, although you're right, it's just two pins to take off, you'd have to be carrying the original backplate with you when you're on the field if you wanted to take it off. With the folding on, you just fold it. Plus it's an expensive stock, I can't just ditch it. At least not yet .

Can't please everyone evil-NYX but thank you for commenting .
www.tippmannowners.com
Boydster View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Boydster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 September 2004 at 7:33pm

I do agree the skull grips look good but I'm going to have to say the stock grip would probably feel better because of the molding in it.

About the stock, I wasn't saying you should switch between the end cap and stock on the field. Well, I don't know. For me, games last 15 minutes and I could live through the remaining amount of time not switching. Your gun looks like a woodsball setup so the games last a long time. You would need to bring both. I'm starting to see when you would want to change it though. Say you're walking through the woods on the lookout. That's when you would use the stock. Then you find someone and go hide behind a tree. That's when you would want a low profile and would fold it up. Correct? And if I already had a stock, I wouldn't ditch it either and go for a new one. But if I had to buy one, it would be the f/x one. Also, I noticed how well HPA tanks feel on your shoulder recently. I think you should leave the stock off and use your unimount. CO2 tanks don't make much of a stock but the nitrogen tanks do.

Also Greedy, I tried to find the sling mod parts but couldn't find it all. I'd have to buy two 9 dollar kits from Walmart to get both of the bolt type screws. Each kit came with two sling things, one fine threaded bolt and one course threaded one. I decided to return it because I did'nt want to spend twenty bucks. I tried 2 different gun stores and neither had just the fine threaded bolt.

And I think you should change your sig up some. Seems kind of rude to me and it makes everyone think their own gun is crap. Just my opinion.

lilman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lilman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 September 2004 at 8:54pm
its so beautiful
Greedy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Greedy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 September 2004 at 3:05pm
You rock Boydster you bring up some good points. I do play woodsball, games last about 15 minutes but we do 2 of them back to back and you can see how it would be kinda weird storing a stock or carrying it around wen I wanted to take it on and off. I do leave it off at times, it's not on all the time so I do take your suggestion . When I do that I also use the HPA bottle.

The sling mod I can't do much about. The walmart I have around here just sold the screws and the local gunshop had the swivels. It'll end up costing about $20 to have the mod on there, maybe a little less but no less than $15. PM me if you want it, maybe I could get it for you and send it to you.

Oh and my sig, haha. There is good reasoning behind it. People slap on a barrel and an E-grip and automatically title it "My Sick A-5" and it's far from it. They use uber, wicked, whatever to describe it and ruin the word. So my sig is kinda like a "well if yours is this then what's mine" type of thing. I just get mad at all the people who think their gun is the best in the world when it's closer to stock than anything. There are A-5's far better than mine and everyone has to realzie there is always better.

Thanx for the comments, keep 'em coming.
www.tippmannowners.com
Boydster View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Boydster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 September 2004 at 4:19pm

I gave up on the sling mod. I actually returned all the parts already. Why do I need a sling on a speedball course??? It's not like I would be walking around for ten minutes looking for some action where my arms would get tired.

I get your point on the sig now. I thought you might have been bragging and putting all others to shame. Why don't you put a picture in your sig? A lot more people would see it.

I might buy an uni-mount someday. I like the way the nitrogen bottle feels as a stock. I don't know. I could just use the stock ASA.

Woodsball games only last 15 minutes? I thought it was close to 45. I've never played true woodsball so I wouldn't know. My field is kind of a cross between speed and woods. They have a tires course and a spools course. Then two of them are in a semi-wooded area. But they all play like a speedball course.

Greedy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Greedy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 September 2004 at 5:19pm
I could put a pic in my sig but I dont' want to show off lol.

Woods games go from 15-20 mins. It's more recreational ball than anything, I play at SC Village www.scvillage.com and they have alot of fields there. I mean alot, over 30 not including arenas so I get alot of use out of my A-5. It ranges from Woods, thicket, to open gras, to helicopters and cars to buses and rocks. So the A-5's quick changing capabilities come in very handy as I"m sure everyone knows.

How about some bad things, enough of the good, tell me what's wrong with it.
www.tippmannowners.com
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3456>
  Share Topic