Tippmann Paintball Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Tippmann Paintball > Paintball Ideas / News From Tippmann
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

paint cannon

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author

Guested - Username not acceptable

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Queef Police Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: paint cannon
    Posted: 15 July 2004 at 11:38pm

i made a pneumatic potato gun awhile back it has a pump on the underside or u can i can use an air compressor. the way i made it shoot was i got a styrofoam cup and cut the top off until it would fit down the barrel then i lightly used a glue stick and went around the rim of the cup with glue and attached a very thin piece of tracing paper. u put paintballs in the cup and glue the piece of paper on the front of the cup put it down the barrel and fire. i have a pressure gauge on my air chamber so i pump until i get about 500psi it shoots the balls pretty fast and leave the cup behind i dont know if it would hurt anybody thoit could be useful to eliminate large groups of people at a time. i got it to where it would shoot about 15 paintballs at a time. i guess it wouldnt be so good if all 15 hit one person

Edited by Queef Police
a5
flatline barrel
custom aluminum foregrip
custom aluminum folding stock
e grip
palmer stabalizer
71ci 4500psi dye throttle hpa
dye invision goggles
TomMiller View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TomMiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 July 2004 at 12:02am

I think it would be a little senseless.  While you pumping to shoot that 15 bps you could have 50 off by pulling a trigger.

My friends and I made a mortor out of plastic pipes then on the bottom it hooked to steel pipes.  Down further it had a lever which could be locked to hold in the air, then release to fire.  It only got 3 shots out of a 9oz and only shot about 100 paintballs at a time.  Not worth it.  I didnt do much to help make it so I can really explain it well.

Alpha Black
Remote Line
Enos Shenk View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
~-o@

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Enos Shenk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 July 2004 at 6:12am
More power to you man, its cool to see anyone using their own ingenuity to build things.

However any field will make you chronograph it for certain. Thats the problem with spud gun style cannons, there is no way to reliable make sure that your shooting under 300.
sinisterNorth View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
1 strike, language, 10/3

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sinisterNorth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 July 2004 at 7:01am
That stinks that you would have to get it chronoed. I was thinking of making a paint cannon out of my friends golf ball gun, but it runs on gun powder. Owell, maybe we could try to make something like yours.
Pumpker'd; (V.) When a pump player runs up and shoots you at point blank range because you thought 20bps made you good.
98c Dude13 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 98c Dude13 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 July 2004 at 3:47pm
Well maybe you could make the cannon spread the paintballs out more.
TIPPMANN 98 CUSTOM
14" Progressive barrel   
32* Black gel grips
BT-16 Double trigger
Pen Spring Mod
X-core Expansion Chamber
Vertical Adapter
Queef Police View Drop Down

Guested - Username not acceptable

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Queef Police Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 July 2004 at 9:22pm

yea at a far distance they have spread pretty good. when the cup leaves them they start spreading fast im in the process of making a golf ball cannon. were firing it with a 30-06 round full to the top with gun powder. 

a5
flatline barrel
custom aluminum foregrip
custom aluminum folding stock
e grip
palmer stabalizer
71ci 4500psi dye throttle hpa
dye invision goggles
Brunse View Drop Down

Strike 2 - Need’s Mom’s okay to post.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brunse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 July 2004 at 9:39pm

a other great idea is not the syrofoam take ballon and a funnel and paint mine mix a paintball ballon bomb.

Edited by Brunse
Brunse
Tippmann 98 Custom
Flatline
R/T
Comp-Air
JCS Bipod
Rocket Cock II
Shocktech Supafly Bolt
Reloader II
"Only the dead have seen the end of the war"
Belt #2 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
Strike 2 - Drug use thread

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Belt #2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 July 2004 at 10:42pm
Originally posted by Queef Police Queef Police wrote:

yea at a far distance they have spread pretty good. when the cup leaves them they start spreading fast im in the process of making a golf ball cannon. were firing it with a 30-06 round full to the top with gun powder. 

It's .30-06. And you mean smokeless powder. No one (well, hardly anyone at all) actually uses gun powder anymore, it's all smokeless now days.

Most importantly - People suck.
DracoPlasm View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
What is a DracoPlasm anyway?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DracoPlasm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 July 2004 at 11:39pm
Some friends of mine made something like that it shoots home made paint grenades to fast its unsafe so they dont use it lol

Kal. View Drop Down
Guested - not funny

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kal. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 July 2004 at 1:49am
duh, a doi now!
Monk View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Monk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 July 2004 at 8:13am

Originally posted by Enos Shenk Enos Shenk wrote:

More power to you man, its cool to see anyone using their own ingenuity to build things.

However any field will make you chronograph it for certain. Thats the problem with spud gun style cannons, there is no way to reliable make sure that your shooting under 300.

You can make a good assumption by how big the pressure chamber is and the size of the barrel, then you can base it on PSI. However the senerio I went to then didnt chrono, they just safty checked it so it doesnt explode(but some they had to chrono such as the really large solenoid triggerd ones) Because they are not used to shoot at people they are for bunkers and tanks only.

callmebob2 View Drop Down

Guested - Spam, Crudity

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote callmebob2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 July 2004 at 7:24pm

sweet

peas and luf
hashi2008 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
Strike 1 - Racial Slur

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hashi2008 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 July 2004 at 8:52pm
I have the plans for an air compressor powered PCV paint cannon. It would be good behind a bunker, and have a gun on a sling just in case, or even have a pistol. Do like MOH Rising sun and use it like the howitzer. Make a game like, take the cannon. First to eliminate the other teams cannon opperator wins.
Founder of the "Forumers Against the Ugly Woman Sigs" also known as FAUWS.
BigD View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 July 2004 at 10:13pm

Check these out!

http://blake.prohosting.com/~edge1/new_aircannon.html

My friend made the basic one after I found the design for it. He has an air caompressor so we use that to fill it up. he also used a smaller PVC pipe as abarrel adapter for paintballs. We haven't shot anyone with it yet cause from the sound of the splatter it seems like it would hurt... REAL BAD. So we use it to shoot sticks that were dipped in karosene then lit on fire.

evil_fingers View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Strike 1 - Inappropriate sig

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote evil_fingers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 July 2004 at 3:24am
Do not steal....the government hates competition!
infected being View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote infected being Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 July 2004 at 12:30pm
I have a combustion cannon, that uses propane, or hairspraf, if I have no money at the time of firing. It's barrel is 2", and fits a 'Wet Willie m4 Grenade', which is similar to a Squadbuster... I saw a site with a breechloader, so that would make it a just-about grenade launcher. I'd hate to see it at the chrono, though... It probably shoots a little over 375 FPS... Heh.
PaintBsniper View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaintBsniper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 August 2004 at 7:10pm

I found a couple paintball launchers

http://www.cops911.com/product.asp?id=10768

http://www.cops911.com/product.asp?id=10578

Ive never used the M72 before but the mortor is excellent especially if you use compressed air with it. The most I ever got with it was about 400 feet.

COPS911.com View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote COPS911.com Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 October 2004 at 1:11am
Guys check out the New Greanade Launcher from Scepter-Combat.com

Scepter Grenade Launcher

14" JJ Ceramic Barrel
Scepter 4000 Grenade Launcher

http://cops911.com/
Ricin.rpf View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ricin.rpf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 October 2004 at 8:54am
Originally posted by TomMiller TomMiller wrote:

I think it would be a little senseless.  While you pumping to shoot that 15 bps you could have 50 off by pulling a trigger.

My friends and I made a mortor out of plastic pipes then on the bottom it hooked to steel pipes.  Down further it had a lever which could be locked to hold in the air, then release to fire.  It only got 3 shots out of a 9oz and only shot about 100 paintballs at a time.  Not worth it.  I didnt do much to help make it so I can really explain it well.

its cool not cause it has a point. but because it just is...cool.

ps. i doubt any field would let u use it

tipp98cfreak View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tipp98cfreak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 October 2004 at 2:34pm

http://members.fortunecity.co.uk/madpaint/ammo/ammo.html here is a site that has shells for cannon and shotgun style guns and here is a site with a cool looking cannon with videos, looks like a simple and easy design to build:

http://www.realistictoyguns.com/mission_aircannons.shtml

johnhoham is the winner, no sig requested.
Runner up is DBibeau855:
"Coolest New Forumer"
Kelsey Carter Rocks
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic