Tippmann Paintball Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Tippmann Paintball > Paintball Ideas / News From Tippmann
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

i need your opinions

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote paintball_1199 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: i need your opinions
    Posted: 17 July 2004 at 1:22am

i know that i posted this in a different forum also, but  i am just trying to reach as many people as i can to get the most opinions.

i am not writing this to have my idea stolen but i need as much feed back on this as possible, the good and bad (hopfully there is no bad though)  ok here it is.  i have a local team in iowa, and we have put up a booth at a local fair, the booth is 50-60 feet long and about 10-12 feet wide, and completly covered with tarps to prevent any stray balls. the booth is set up like a shooting gallery, we have targets that fall when they are hit, or we offer for a small fee more, they can have one of the team members get into the booth and they can shoot us.  we are using all the protective gear for this, (mask,neck guard, vest, cup, and the guns are turned way down.) we also require that the person shooting wears a mask also.  only 5 balls are loaded at a time when they are shooting at one of us though. (prevents them from fully unloading on us) we do have a barrel in with us and we do dodge the balls (you would be suprised on how well we are getting at that lol)  but i wanted some other peoples opinions on how this looks on the sport of paintball, i dont want to do anything to but a bad image on the paintball sport.  we also do have insurance.  so please let me know what you all think. and for anyone who wants to know..... yes it does make some pretty good money, so long as you have enough people that dont mind being shot  to work in the booth.

ne
bad dogs paint ball.. www.freewebs.com/teambaddogs
Enos Shenk View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
~-o@

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Enos Shenk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 July 2004 at 6:05am
There was a place like that at a fair here once. It was the first time i ever shot a paintgun, i think it was an original SL68.
98c Dude13 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 98c Dude13 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 July 2004 at 6:36am
last time I did that the kid started to cry.
TIPPMANN 98 CUSTOM
14" Progressive barrel   
32* Black gel grips
BT-16 Double trigger
Pen Spring Mod
X-core Expansion Chamber
Vertical Adapter
tippmann505 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tippmann505 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 July 2004 at 9:36am
i just went to a fair yesterday and they had this paintball field where u could actually play. even though it was a little pricey $7 for 100 rounds. and to keep people coming back to play paintball u could only use the rental guns (so people with high end electros dont show up and hit every body with a string of 10 shots and then the people who r playing decide they hate paintball beacuase of this) i played and it was super easy (because every body playing this was their first time), the first game it was 4 on 4 and i got 3 people out 
Enos Shenk View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
~-o@

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Enos Shenk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 July 2004 at 11:12am
Sounds like someone saw the road challenge arena.
boomstick View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote boomstick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 July 2004 at 12:20pm

ive done somehting like that before, i played duck hunt in my backyard with some of my friends and it was pretty fun at the time.

YONK~!~
Check This Out
sinisterNorth View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
1 strike, language, 10/3

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sinisterNorth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 July 2004 at 3:06pm
I think that is a great idea. It lets people know that the paintball players really know what they are doing, and they love it. I might have to see about entering a booth like that at a local fair. sounds like fun.
Pumpker'd; (V.) When a pump player runs up and shoots you at point blank range because you thought 20bps made you good.
rkerr View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rkerr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 August 2004 at 2:02am
good
devilBelow View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote devilBelow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 August 2004 at 8:30pm

doesn't sound like you are doing any thing bad to the sport to me

~devilBelow
warmonger83 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote warmonger83 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 August 2004 at 8:46pm
id suggest something a little sturdier than a tarp
GET OUT OF MY HEAD!!!!!!!
triggerhappy1 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote triggerhappy1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 August 2004 at 4:28pm
they had a booth like that at the wildwood boardwalk in nj. except you shoot a guy dressed up like saddam or bin laden, not sure if it was a guy or a robot. but people complained it was "againsted arab people" and got it shut down. but your idea sounds complaint proof. how much will you charge?
chronzak View Drop Down
Guested - Troll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chronzak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 August 2004 at 6:04pm
I'd work in it, i dont mind getting hit, mask and cup and a sweatshirt is enough
whack-a-mole View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Member of the "I Have No Life Club"

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote whack-a-mole Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 August 2004 at 3:09pm
Some people had a setup like yours outside a sports store that I went to a couple of years back. It was the first time I saw a paintball marker. I think it's a cool idea.
NASA and the Americans spent millions of dollars and hundreds of hours to develop a pen that would write in space.....The Russians used a pencil.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic