Tippmann Paintball Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Tippmann Paintball > Paintball Ideas / News From Tippmann
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

What did I do?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
mod98commando View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mod98commando Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 July 2004 at 11:11am
He means that it'll essentially be full auto but the bolt will cycle so fast that no feed system could even attempt to feed fast enough. I don't remember the exact cycle rate of the valve but Enos says 30-40 cycles per second and that sounds good enough for me, I just remember that it cycles very fast. Regardless of the number, you can't feed fast enough to make use of the full auto effect and you'll end up breaking paint or, if you're lucky, just dry firing. You can easily stop that by shutting off the air supply (if you have an on/off) or you can simply grab the cocking knob on the rear bolt. If you released the trigger then the sear should catch the bolt again but that burst you fired probably would have either chopped a ball or fired nothing but air. You're better off sticking to semi-auto or buying a ROF upgrade (double trigger, RT, Ebolt).
oreomann33: Everybody invades Poland

Rofl_Mao: And everyone eats turkey

Me: But only if they're hungary

Mack: Yeah but hungary people go russian through their food and end up with greece on everyth
[Deadeye] View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote [Deadeye] Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 July 2004 at 10:04am
by 'cycle in runaway' do you mean that i wont be able to stop it? what if i just released the trigger after a few shots
Enos Shenk View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
~-o@

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Enos Shenk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 July 2004 at 5:41am
The gun will cycle in runaway, which is something around 30-40cps if i remember rightly. Itll chop paint, dont even try running paint into it.
jigglydude View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
My title got <krl>’ed

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jigglydude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 July 2004 at 11:49pm
the trigger is made so that only one shot per pull will happen, did you think that you can release the trigger fast enough to catch the bolt after every shot?

the bolt pushes the sear againt the slider (metal thing in the back of the trigger) which is what makes it return so fast, the sear spring returns the spring to it's regular position which prevents it from firing until the trigger full cycloe has been completed, pull back the bolt and pull the trigger (careful when you do this so nothing falls out, hold the bolt) and mess around with how you hold the trigger ect. to see it in slow motion
[Deadeye] View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote [Deadeye] Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 July 2004 at 11:38pm

Okay so I had this idea, I have no idea wtf it would do, and I haven't tested it...yet... As you can see the sear is fixed so that it will stay where the trigger is always touching it (seen in 1st pic)... So one trigger pull = one shot, and if I release the trigger, the sear will catch the rear bolt (seen in 2nd pic).... What if I were to hold down the trigger? As you see, if I held it down there would be nothing to catch the rear bolt (seen in 3rd pic) ... Would the bolt fire and then cock itself back and fire again like auto, or would it just stay un-cocked and waste c02? I don't want to test it just yet.... Tell me what you guys think.... note: I didnt actually attempt to create something to achieve auto fire, I was just letting my mind wander and tried something... Thanks a lot :)
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic