Tippmann Paintball Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Tippmann Paintball > Paintball Ideas / News From Tippmann
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

What did I do?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote [Deadeye] Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: What did I do?
    Posted: 18 July 2004 at 11:38pm

Okay so I had this idea, I have no idea wtf it would do, and I haven't tested it...yet... As you can see the sear is fixed so that it will stay where the trigger is always touching it (seen in 1st pic)... So one trigger pull = one shot, and if I release the trigger, the sear will catch the rear bolt (seen in 2nd pic).... What if I were to hold down the trigger? As you see, if I held it down there would be nothing to catch the rear bolt (seen in 3rd pic) ... Would the bolt fire and then cock itself back and fire again like auto, or would it just stay un-cocked and waste c02? I don't want to test it just yet.... Tell me what you guys think.... note: I didnt actually attempt to create something to achieve auto fire, I was just letting my mind wander and tried something... Thanks a lot :)
jigglydude View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
My title got <krl>’ed

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jigglydude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 July 2004 at 11:49pm
the trigger is made so that only one shot per pull will happen, did you think that you can release the trigger fast enough to catch the bolt after every shot?

the bolt pushes the sear againt the slider (metal thing in the back of the trigger) which is what makes it return so fast, the sear spring returns the spring to it's regular position which prevents it from firing until the trigger full cycloe has been completed, pull back the bolt and pull the trigger (careful when you do this so nothing falls out, hold the bolt) and mess around with how you hold the trigger ect. to see it in slow motion
Enos Shenk View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
~-o@

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Enos Shenk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 July 2004 at 5:41am
The gun will cycle in runaway, which is something around 30-40cps if i remember rightly. Itll chop paint, dont even try running paint into it.
[Deadeye] View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote [Deadeye] Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 July 2004 at 10:04am
by 'cycle in runaway' do you mean that i wont be able to stop it? what if i just released the trigger after a few shots
mod98commando View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mod98commando Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 July 2004 at 11:11am
He means that it'll essentially be full auto but the bolt will cycle so fast that no feed system could even attempt to feed fast enough. I don't remember the exact cycle rate of the valve but Enos says 30-40 cycles per second and that sounds good enough for me, I just remember that it cycles very fast. Regardless of the number, you can't feed fast enough to make use of the full auto effect and you'll end up breaking paint or, if you're lucky, just dry firing. You can easily stop that by shutting off the air supply (if you have an on/off) or you can simply grab the cocking knob on the rear bolt. If you released the trigger then the sear should catch the bolt again but that burst you fired probably would have either chopped a ball or fired nothing but air. You're better off sticking to semi-auto or buying a ROF upgrade (double trigger, RT, Ebolt).
oreomann33: Everybody invades Poland

Rofl_Mao: And everyone eats turkey

Me: But only if they're hungary

Mack: Yeah but hungary people go russian through their food and end up with greece on everyth
[Deadeye] View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote [Deadeye] Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 July 2004 at 11:21am
well i was just messing around... as i said, i didnt actually attempt to make it full auto.... i will test this in a minute, but i just dont want my gun to get messed up
tippy_182 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tippy_182 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 July 2004 at 12:55pm
Originally posted by mod98commando mod98commando wrote:

He means that it'll essentially be full auto but the bolt will cycle so fast that no feed system could even attempt to feed fast enough. I don't remember the exact cycle rate of the valve but Enos says 30-40 cycles per second and that sounds good enough for me, I just remember that it cycles very fast. Regardless of the number, you can't feed fast enough to make use of the full auto effect and you'll end up breaking paint or, if you're lucky, just dry firing. You can easily stop that by shutting off the air supply (if you have an on/off) or you can simply grab the cocking knob on the rear bolt. If you released the trigger then the sear should catch the bolt again but that burst you fired probably would have either chopped a ball or fired nothing but air. You're better off sticking to semi-auto or buying a ROF upgrade (double trigger, RT, Ebolt).

I wonder if a Q-loader could support that..........

[Deadeye] View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote [Deadeye] Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 July 2004 at 3:11pm
well i tested it... it was full auto going about 30bps... it was even full auto when i let go of the trigger.... which was weird cause i had to grab the bolt in order to stop it
sinisterNorth View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
1 strike, language, 10/3

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sinisterNorth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 July 2004 at 9:19pm
That seems kinda shakey to be doin. I just hope you dont destroy your gun in the process.
Pumpker'd; (V.) When a pump player runs up and shoots you at point blank range because you thought 20bps made you good.
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mod98commando Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 July 2004 at 9:49pm

Originally posted by tippy_182 tippy_182 wrote:

I doubt it. I know those things feed fast but I don't think even they could keep up with that. Also, the reason it didn't come out of full auto when you released the trigger is because the bolt wasn't able to travel back far enough to catch on the sear. The bolt is really just bouncing off of the valve when you do that and it isn't a never-ending cycle. It slowly dies down so after a certain point, the bolt won't go back far enough to catch on the sear. That's another reason why you can't use that method to get automatic fire. Doing this shouldn't cause any damage to the gun as long as you don't do it extensively. When the gun cycles that quickly the parts will wear faster but if you don't do this a lot then your gun shouldn't be affected much at all by it. You don't have to worry about your gun exploding or anything but if you do this too often then you might wear out your internals faster.

Mack: Yeah but hungary people go russian through their food and end up with greece on everyth
[Deadeye] View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote [Deadeye] Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 July 2004 at 10:29pm
i think i might make a video of it, its the fastest ive ever even seen the bolt on a 98c move lol
A5 dude15 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
Guested Pottymouth

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote A5 dude15 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 July 2004 at 10:35pm
hooly crap thats a lot!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  whats the fastest feeding hopper and how many balls does it feed per second?thanx
PbSplintercell View Drop Down
Posting on borrowed time

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PbSplintercell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 July 2004 at 11:20pm
am i the only one who caught teh obsinity a different word for teh f-bomb
<thanx enos

paintballer90 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote paintballer90 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 July 2004 at 11:01am

hiHI

jigglydude View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
My title got <krl>’ed

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jigglydude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 July 2004 at 3:44pm
oooo my bad didnt look at the pics
Frozen Balls View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Strike 1, filter dodge, 1.28.10

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Frozen Balls Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 July 2004 at 5:35pm
Originally posted by tippy_182 tippy_182 wrote:

Originally posted by mod98commando mod98commando wrote:

it wouldn't matter. The gun itself would beat the crap out of the paint.

BigGun View Drop Down
Strike 1: Flaming and general idiocy

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigGun Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 July 2004 at 7:59pm
Ok, what you just did there was the "stick in the sear trick". It does look and sound cool, but is useless, and yes, if you continue to do it, it will brake your gun.
I did that once and just dry fired it, I blew the blinds off my window, blew papers all over my room, nocked over two glasses of water, tore several posters off of my wall, knocked my guitar over, made my mom freak out, and made the cat pee in the corner........so, it was a BAD thing, not an UBER thing.
And like they've already said, it will never shoot paint, not even the A-5 cyclone feed will feed it. You might think that the A-5 would be able to feed it being that the cyclone feed inserts a ball everytime the gun is shot, but with what you just did, it shoots it so fast that the cyclone just sits there and does nothing. But you have a 98c, so it doesn't matter. Regardless, it's bad for your gun one way or the other.
A-5 w/ 12IN. Lapco Bigshot.
R/T
20oz. and 16oz. tanks.

98c with 14In. Terminator
14oz. and 9oz. tanks.
travis75 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
Dear Penthouse....

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote travis75 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 July 2004 at 8:23pm

Originally posted by BigGun BigGun wrote:

made the cat pee in the corner.

LMAO

Hey MPAA, Guess what?

09 f9 11 02 9d 74 e3 5b d8 41 56 c5 63 56 88 c0!
hashi2008 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
Strike 1 - Racial Slur

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hashi2008 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 July 2004 at 8:58pm
 I did something to my sear. It would go full auto for about 4 shots, then sometimes it would un-cock. I didn't mean to do it, but whatever I did, I fixed it by opening my gun and taking out the sear and putting it back in.
Founder of the "Forumers Against the Ugly Woman Sigs" also known as FAUWS.
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mod98commando Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 July 2004 at 9:21pm
There was probably something on it (dirt maybe) that was making it get stuck and taking it out made the dirt or whatever fall off.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic