Tippmann Paintball Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Tippmann Paintball > Paintball Ideas / News From Tippmann
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

A-5 flatline for 98 Custom

Post Reply Post Reply
Poll Question: Can it be done?
Poll Choice Votes Poll Statistics
8 [44.44%]
10 [55.56%]
You can not vote in this poll

Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zeth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: A-5 flatline for 98 Custom
    Posted: 19 July 2004 at 7:36pm
I was thinking about putting a A-5 flatline on my 98 custom by using a barrel adapter.  Does the A-5 flatline attatch by screwing it in or what?  If this is possible, vote and share yer opinions.
98 Custom(black)
ThunderPig 16inch barrel
Starbolt
ThunderPig Expansion Chamber
Rocket Cock II
Response Trigger
double Trigger
[Deadeye] View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote [Deadeye] Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 July 2004 at 8:01pm
that would look pretty cool.... i think the a-5 flatline screws on, im not sure though
a-5mann View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote a-5mann Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 July 2004 at 8:38pm
yes it can be. a-5 flatline looks wayyy cooler than the 98 flatline
spaulding View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote spaulding Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 July 2004 at 10:44pm
doesnt the a-5 flatline come with taht weird notched adapter thing. if not that owuld look awsome
evil_fingers View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Strike 1 - Inappropriate sig

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote evil_fingers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 July 2004 at 3:50am

The A5 Flatline wouldnt fit the 98c, the 98c Flatline adapter doesnt have any threads inside and its angled to only fit the 98c Flatline barrel only.....now if you can convince the good folks at Tippmann to create a 98c that can accommodate the A5 Flatline, but you'll know what they'll say to you

Do not steal....the government hates competition!
BigD View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 July 2004 at 10:16pm

I bet you could put the barrel on it but not the shroud.

evil_fingers View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Strike 1 - Inappropriate sig

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote evil_fingers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 July 2004 at 10:38pm

Even without the 98c Flatline Shroud, the A5 Flatline still wouldnt be able to fit in.....the barrel threads are totally different from threads on the 98c....man, people are so dense

Do not steal....the government hates competition!
turbo-archer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote turbo-archer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 July 2004 at 2:05pm

I dunno, man, so I'm not gonna vote.

It may be POSSIBLE, but it would take some major machining, because my two brothers have a-5's with flatlines, and the barrels do have a notch, not threads.  Ermm

PaintBsniper View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaintBsniper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 August 2004 at 8:07pm
Sorry it cant be done or at least without of some major reconstruction of your marker. the A-5 flatline uses a lock system for installing it while the M98 flatline has to be stuck into the gun.  
BigD View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 August 2004 at 8:21pm
Originally posted by evil_fingers evil_fingers wrote:

Even without the 98c Flatline Shroud, the A5 Flatline still wouldnt be able to fit in.....the barrel threads are totally different from threads on the 98c....man, people are so dense

But I think you can get the barrel adapters for it.

Tippmann 98 Custom
J&J Ceramic 14 in.
VL Revolution w/ X-board
Rufus Dawg Double Trigger
Drop forward
Rocket Cock II
Vert. Adapter
DOP X-Core
DYE Sticky Grips
Dye Invision

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaintBsniper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 August 2004 at 8:24pm

i dont think they make barrel adapters for a-5's that can go into a M98. the size of the lock thing at the end of the flatline is bigger than the M98's bore.

I dont care what you say there are snipers in paintball
icemonkey34 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote icemonkey34 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 August 2004 at 8:49pm
I'm sure it could be done but like PaintBSniper said you'd need some major reconstruction of your gun...I'm sure one of your local Tippmann ProShop could retro fit one to a M98c.
Sssssssssniped!!!
mod98commando View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mod98commando Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 August 2004 at 9:12pm
It would require so much custom work that it would hardly be worth it in the end. The A5 flatline has no threading, you remove the barrel threading from the A5 and put the flatline in its place. I wouldn't bother trying, it's hardly worth the work.
oreomann33: Everybody invades Poland

Rofl_Mao: And everyone eats turkey

Me: But only if they're hungary

Mack: Yeah but hungary people go russian through their food and end up with greece on everyth

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaintBsniper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 August 2004 at 10:33pm
For all the cost it would be cheaper to buy an A-5 with a flatline
I dont care what you say there are snipers in paintball
Dan db09 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dan db09 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 August 2004 at 10:48pm
you could do it with some serious modding
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic