Tippmann Paintball Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Tippmann Paintball > Paintball Ideas / News From Tippmann
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

new guns for TIPPMANN

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mod98commando Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 July 2004 at 12:23pm

Tippmann doesn't need to make MILSIM guns that are designed to look only like one gun. As others have said this would probably lead to them making less money rather than more because you lose the ability to customize the gun. Tippmann guns are usually turned into replicas anyway but if you want to make it into a speedball gun instead, you have that option. Because of that, tippmann guns appeal to more people. For example, if the A5 was an exact replica of the MP5K then you probably wouldn't be able to make it look like say an M16. Then you'd have to go to a 98c to get that look and then you lose the features of the A5. The A5 isn't like that though and you can make it look more like an MP5 or you can make it into a couple of other guns. That means that all the people who like the MP5 and want a milsim gun will like the A5 and same goes for fans of the M16 or AK47. If you sacrifice the ability to change the gun into whatever you want it to be then you will not sell as many.

It makes more sense to sell a simple gun that can be modified into many things so that the user can shape the final product. I think MILSIM tippmanns come out very nice and they probably wouldn't cost much less if tippmann sold them like that anyway. Also, check out www.bentippmann.com for some less expensive versions of pro team upgrades. They sell nice MILSIM stuff for much less than proteam. I bought a sight rail/carry handle from them for my 98c, just as good as the pro team one but much cheaper. I'm not sure if they're part of Tippmann Pneumatics or if they're a seperate company but they sell good stuff for low prices.

oreomann33: Everybody invades Poland

Rofl_Mao: And everyone eats turkey

Me: But only if they're hungary

Mack: Yeah but hungary people go russian through their food and end up with greece on everyth
BrigadierWolf View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrigadierWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 July 2004 at 5:55pm
While they wouldnt have to copy an existing weapon, I dont think it would hurt Sales for them to make a new magazine loading weapon like theyre old SMG 60 and 68. I mean, those things were Hot, Its a shame they dont make them anymore.
TomMiller View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TomMiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 July 2004 at 10:12pm

all of you who want electric crap speedball guns go buy a junky cocker and we can laugh when you drop it and it breaks :)

Alpha Black
Remote Line
mod98commando View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mod98commando Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 July 2004 at 11:01pm

Originally posted by BrigadierWolf BrigadierWolf wrote:

While they wouldnt have to copy an existing weapon, I dont think it would hurt Sales for them to make a new magazine loading weapon like theyre old SMG 60 and 68. I mean, those things were Hot, Its a shame they dont make them anymore.

Well that's something entirely different. I was only addressing the topic of making a MILSIM gun that is designed to look only like one gun. Making a good clip-fed gun would be a great idea for those interested in MILSIM but speedballers probably wouldn't like it if it didn't hold a lot of paint and/or feed very fast. It would be better if they could make a normal gun like the 98c or A5 and then come out with an upgrade that allows you to use magazines instead of a hopper. Then people can get the gun and not be forced to use a magazine if they don't want to.

Mack: Yeah but hungary people go russian through their food and end up with greece on everyth

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrigadierWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 July 2004 at 12:02am

The reverse would likely be easier. to creat a magazine fed weapon, and then make a Hopper modification. I mean, were really just talking symantics here,  But creating a magazine feed system is harder to do, so The Hopper should probably be the afterthought rather then the magazine.

I still stand by my statement that the SMG68 was the hottest Gun that Tippmann has ever made.

evil_fingers View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Strike 1 - Inappropriate sig

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote evil_fingers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 July 2004 at 2:03am
Actually there is a magazine feed system....but theyre not jus on any type of paintball marker.
Do not steal....the government hates competition!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrigadierWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 July 2004 at 11:24am
well, a paintball is very different from a bullet. You have to design it in such a way that the paintballs dont just break from the force of the spring. So, Its not as easy as it sounds. Hoppers have no need for this cause they just load by gravity, But a Box magazine usually loads from the bottom or side, so you need something forcing the ammo into the chamber.

Edited by BrigadierWolf
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mod98commando Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 July 2004 at 12:28pm
I agree that clip feeds are cool and I'd love to get my hands on an SMG but I don't know that it would be such a good idea to design a gun that relies on the clip-feed to attract customers. There are probably way more speedball players than hardcore woodsball/MILSIM players so the money is in the speedball market if you had to pick one. The guns they've been releasing tend to get most woodsballers and some speedballers so they get a nice mix and sell a lot of guns. If they go too far to one end then they lose the other, see what I mean? I guess they could do something like what ATS/Get Real Paintball did with their clip feed and just make a clip that accepts a hopper but I don't know how well that would work out. It would be good for right-handed shooters but lefties or people who use both hands wouldn't be too crazy about the hopper sticking out the side. I think it's possible for them to pull it off but a little too risky.

evil_fingers View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Strike 1 - Inappropriate sig

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote evil_fingers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 July 2004 at 1:48pm
In actuallity the magazine fed systems are only on certain types of markers and theyre marketed towards people who are involved in the military or law enforcement or anyone who can actually offered them...look at this as an example http://www.rustyspaintballgear.com/catalog/details.asp?ID_We p=14
Do not steal....the government hates competition!
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mod98commando Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 July 2004 at 9:17pm
The guns at rustys are modded, they don't make their own as far as I know. They all use spyders, tippmanns, or ATS/Get Real Paintball guns as a base and then add real gun parts. That's why they're so expensive. The ones with the clip feed use guns from here as the base and then have real gun parts to add realism. And yes, military/law enforcement is where these types of guns are used most often because it's more realistic and it helps them get used to the feel of a real gun. The problem is that there aren't enough people into MILSIM enough to spend that much money on these guns so not many companies offer them. They make most of their profit off of the military or police most likely.

PaintBsniper View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaintBsniper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 August 2004 at 7:33pm

Personally I like tippmann the way they are. If you want milsim go to armotech or whatever they are called nowadays. If you want speedball markers go out and get a timmy or a imp.

TiPP*MaNN View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TiPP*MaNN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 August 2004 at 9:29pm

Originally posted by NeoRome NeoRome wrote:

tippman needs to come out with a new line of paintball guns, even though they are currently doing that most likely, but i say they cant all be speedball guns, they should be like say a scenario shotgun, maybe even a sniper rifle, a speedball that looks like maybe...a tommy gun? haha, and some light infantry weapons, m4a1's or M16's. give other companys liek Ariakon and Armotech a run for their money. i have noticed the A-5 has a lot of MP5 mods for it, even tho it was modled after the MP5...their next gun could maybe be an MP5, paintball gun. that would be uber cool, i would buy it. i have some scetches of guns i have drawn up from last time i was in school around may or something when i got board, ill try and scan em in and show you guys em.

since when is a tippmann ever meant to be or considered a speedball gun?

PRo/CaRBiNe
12 in. J&J ceramic barrel
2in. shocktech stubby drop
adco hotshot electronic sight
dye econo sticky grips
lightened trigger pull

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaintBsniper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 August 2004 at 10:31pm
Well if you add a couple upgrades here and their you could get you  A-5 into a good enough state to compete with some speedball markers
I dont care what you say there are snipers in paintball
esolipsism View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote esolipsism Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 August 2004 at 1:22am

True, it can be a speedball marker, but it's bolt is pretty heavy. Even custom bolts are heavy and causes a lot of recoil. Most MANLY speedballers could deal with it though, unlike those wimpy speedball punks ;)

paintball duck View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote paintball duck Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 August 2004 at 2:45am
o god please not another scenario gun
tippya5-06 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tippya5-06 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 August 2004 at 9:31am

tippmann needs a gun that can compete with the autococker or the dm4. Could he say tM4?

tippya5-06 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tippya5-06 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 August 2004 at 9:35am
 is it wrong to have a highly upgrade speedball gun to play woodball? all's i would need is camo. speaking of is there any kind of camo that removable? like one day i could play speedball with my a5 and the slip on some camo and go play woodball

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaintBsniper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 August 2004 at 12:56pm

Originally posted by tippya5-06 tippya5-06 wrote:

is it wrong to have a highly upgrade speedball gun to play woodball? all's i would need is camo. speaking of is there any kind of camo that removable? like one day i could play speedball with my a5 and the slip on some camo and go play woodball

Get some camo tape that does not leave any residue. It takes about 10 min to put it on your first time but once you get used to it you can do it in about 5. Its also really easy to remove yet it will stay on while you are playing.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaintBsniper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 August 2004 at 12:57pm
i also say some nylon gun covers that you can put on 98 custom's forgot what the name is though
jaked588 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jaked588 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 August 2004 at 10:59pm
man im tired of ppl saying tippmann needs to make a new gun. just make ur tippmann look like a new gun that u would want tippmann to make....lol... stop posting this
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
  Share Topic