Tippmann Paintball Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Tippmann Paintball > Paintball Ideas / News From Tippmann
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

new guns for TIPPMANN

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NeoRome Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: new guns for TIPPMANN
    Posted: 20 July 2004 at 9:41am
tippman needs to come out with a new line of paintball guns, even though they are currently doing that most likely, but i say they cant all be speedball guns, they should be like say a scenario shotgun, maybe even a sniper rifle, a speedball that looks like maybe...a tommy gun? haha, and some light infantry weapons, m4a1's or M16's. give other companys liek Ariakon and Armotech a run for their money. i have noticed the A-5 has a lot of MP5 mods for it, even tho it was modled after the MP5...their next gun could maybe be an MP5, paintball gun. that would be uber cool, i would buy it. i have some scetches of guns i have drawn up from last time i was in school around may or something when i got board, ill try and scan em in and show you guys em.
how can you die when you cant be seen?
Vansman614 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vansman614 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 July 2004 at 10:18am

The whole point of a Tippmann is that it is customizable.  You can make your A-5 look like a MP5, a sniper Rifle, or an M4, thats the beauty of buying a tippmann.

Large Unit View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Not really, but it looks good as a name

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Large Unit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 July 2004 at 10:46am
No they dont..

Even though I think making a tourney worthy electro with eyes would make them a lot of money since everybody would want a high end gun with tippmann reliabliilty.
NeoRome View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NeoRome Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 July 2004 at 11:05am

yeah but the problem is...modifying is expensive, and TIPPMANN doesnt really provide a ton of modifiications options, you have to go to other companies like CUSHMAN CUSTOMS or OPS GEAR to get the mods for your A-5 to look like an m60...etc. by tippmann producing the hard product of an M4 or w/e they would increase in profit, i would buy one (as long as it isnt over 600 bucks) because i know tippmann products are hardcore and extremely hard to break, i am currently mod-ing my A-5 to an MSG-90 sniper rifle. its gonna look uber cool...but its really expensive. by producing the actual gun and not one you have to modify a ton, we save money and they increase profits. (this is in ideal conditions of course) but seriously, if they sold an M4 paintball gun for lets say...369.99...how many of you would buy it (if it was TIPPMANN-ized [my word lol] like the a-5/98c/pro-carbine is?

5ptcontingency View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 5ptcontingency Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 July 2004 at 11:40am
I would never buy a milsim paintball gun, mostly due to the fact that after shooting various weapons such as the MK-19, M2, M240-B, M249, M60, M4, M16, M203, M9, etc, during my time in the army, a milsim paintball gun is just a disappointment to me.

I'd prefer if milsims were not manufactured at all. The paintball-ignorant public might not be quite so averse to the sport if they didn't see markers that immitate firearms.
ravepb View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ravepb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 July 2004 at 11:59am

Originally posted by 5ptcontingency 5ptcontingency wrote:

The paintball-ignorant public might not be quite so averse to the sport if they didn't see markers that immitate firearms.

True That.

Tippmann A-5
E-Grip
Black to blue fade paint
Polished Interns
JCS Duel trigger
14" CP black barrel
Flame on/off drop
91ci/4500psi System X HPA
Spring mods
Pimp fund $140/$850
Enos Shenk View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
~-o@

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Enos Shenk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 July 2004 at 12:15pm
Originally posted by Large Unit Large Unit wrote:

No they dont..

Even though I think making a tourney worthy electro with eyes would make them a lot of money since everybody would want a high end gun with tippmann reliabliilty.

What are you smoking? You think the idiotic arrogant tourney people would ever use a "high end" gun from tippmann, what they consider a newbie company?
hybrid-sniper View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

I feel violated.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hybrid-sniper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 July 2004 at 12:31pm

Originally posted by Enos Shenk Enos Shenk wrote:

Originally posted by Large Unit Large Unit wrote:

No they dont..

What are you smoking? You think the idiotic arrogant tourney people would ever use a "high end" gun from tippmann, what they consider a newbie company?

I agree. They are going to want Cockers, Timmys, etc. Not a lowly Tippmann.

Edited by hybrid-sniper
E98Flatline View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote E98Flatline Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 July 2004 at 2:00pm
tippmann makes most of its profits off of gun upgrades...not guns themselves
-Tippmann 98 Custom
-Flatline Barrel
-E Trigger
-E Hopper
-Collapsable Commando Stock
-Hell in the field
-
jigglydude View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
My title got <krl>’ed

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jigglydude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 July 2004 at 3:36pm
tippman  would not make a profit of milsim guns, compared to what they would make with a new gun that fallows their typical style
CottageCommando View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CottageCommando Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 July 2004 at 3:43pm
the A-5 is designed off of the mp5k which is the light infantry mp5 by h&k the only problem is if the stocks would work cause i cant look down my sights while wearing a mask
Building an Evil Empire... One piece at a time :)
spike View Drop Down
Guested - Spam, problem user

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote spike Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 July 2004 at 5:02pm
Mils sims are fun. For woods ball there great. But its the public that would have most of the problem.  
A-5_Ace View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote A-5_Ace Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 July 2004 at 5:30pm

If you want a milsim by an Ariakon (which was formerly known as Armotech) there just isn't the demand for scenario exclusive guns, if you wanted you could turn any Tippmann gun into a scenario gun.  An Ariakon is good for nothing but scenario.  You can't use them in anything except woodsball and scenario games.

NeoRome View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NeoRome Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 July 2004 at 7:53pm

both armotech.us and armotech.com (Ariakon)n have a speedball series, they arent just milsim companies. ariakon as both the toro and the respectable Nemisis. armotech.us has made a planet series of speedball guns, the new one is Saturn. they arent just MILSIM companies as i said before.

and to point out something 5ptcontingency, not all of us are actually in the army and use those kind of weapons, we are mostly teenagers that want to have the feel of shooting a gun as a sport, and the more real a paintball gun looks, the cooler it is. (in my opinion).

and yes we have a pretty arrogant society these days, but they arent doing much against paintball around here despite the first death ever that happened just recently, that was the users fault, no one elses'. infact, paintball is gaining popularity, every year since 1998, 1.5 (more/less) million more people start paintball. and its still rising, so for all i care, the anti-paintball society we live in, is becoming much more excepting...or admitting defeat (  )

deakins View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote deakins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 July 2004 at 9:23pm
granted if tippmann made a milsim paintball gun it would sell. the only thing is that how many would sell. by making a gun like the 98 or a-5 it was a wide variety of users customising it to their type of play. the initial profit is from purchasing the base gun then adding to it w/ additional upgrades. a milsim gun would sell to a small group of people who would buy it just cause it would look cool. beyond buying the gun there would be few or no upgrades bought=less profit
show initiative, determination. PROUD of ya!   broken arrow
DeathRattle View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DeathRattle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 July 2004 at 9:27pm
Originally posted by NeoRome NeoRome wrote:

yeah but the problem is...modifying is expensive, and TIPPMANN doesnt really provide a ton of modifiications options, you have to go to other companies like CUSHMAN CUSTOMS or OPS GEAR to get the mods for your A-5 to look like an m60...etc. by tippmann producing the hard product of an M4 or w/e they would increase in profit, i would buy one (as long as it isnt over 600 bucks) because i know tippmann products are hardcore and extremely hard to break, i am currently mod-ing my A-5 to an MSG-90 sniper rifle. its gonna look uber cool...but its really expensive. by producing the actual gun and not one you have to modify a ton, we save money and they increase profits. (this is in ideal conditions of course) but seriously, if they sold an M4 paintball gun for lets say...369.99...how many of you would buy it (if it was TIPPMANN-ized [my word lol] like the a-5/98c/pro-carbine is?

Well, actually the way it works is that whenever a company releases a product they have to figure in for support, liability, R&D, mass production, packaging, distribution, etc...

Tippmann can't just go design a marker to milsim every single gun out there so that they can sell 100 units of each, sold in dispersed locations across North America.  After military and law enforcement, the milsim market is somewhat small, considering half the people who prefer milsim just go buy an airsoft gun since they're more accurate replicas which require tactical reloads and such.

Tippmann leaves the smaller upgrade markets for people like proteam and opsgear.  They can handle the smaller orders more efficiently.

Think of it this way, if you really want a PSG-1 paintball marker, then you can have a team of engineers design the pneumatics, obtain the patents, thoroughly test your prototype, go back and work out the bugs over and over again, get a pattern maker to fabricate a master mold for all the parts, go to the aluminum smelter, plastics factory, and machine shop and have them do a production run of 1 unit, procure the other odds and ends like fasteners and fittings, set up an assembly line and workforce to assemble your 1 unit, and voila.  One made to order PSG-1 sniper rifle paintball marker.  Problem solved.

deakins View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote deakins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 July 2004 at 9:31pm
well said
show initiative, determination. PROUD of ya!   broken arrow
Tolgak View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Master of MSPaint and bri's Daddy

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tolgak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 July 2004 at 9:50pm
Originally posted by DeathRattle DeathRattle wrote:

Think of it this way, if you really want a PSG-1 paintball marker, then you can have a team of engineers design the pneumatics, obtain the patents, thoroughly test your prototype, go back and work out the bugs over and over again, get a pattern maker to fabricate a master mold for all the parts, go to the aluminum smelter, plastics factory, and machine shop and have them do a production run of 1 unit, procure the other odds and ends like fasteners and fittings, set up an assembly line and workforce to assemble your 1 unit, and voila.  One made to order PSG-1 sniper rifle paintball marker.  Problem solved.

Or, you can buy the Rusty's Paintball Gear TSG-1.
fdupnct View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fdupnct Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 July 2004 at 10:03pm
Ok guys, you want MilSim, check this website out http://www.scepter-combat.com Currently they are working on a bunch of different gun types (Pump shotgun, sniper rifle-clip fed, etc) and they have a grenade attachment for the A-5
Team Ball-Breakers

Amphibious Assault - 8/28 & 8/29

I am Swamp Thing
BrigadierWolf View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrigadierWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 July 2004 at 3:50am

I think there would be a pretty decent response to a Milsim weapon. And honestly I think Tippmann would be the best company to make it.

Now, of course this is coming from someone who plays scenario games almost exclusively. When I was looking into buying a new weapon a few months back to replace my aging Tippmann 98 (I got it when it first came out), I had taken a couple of different weapons into consideration. First I looked at the A-5, because really the only thing that can truely replace a Tippmann is another Tippmann. But for me the A-5 just seemed like a Half-Hearted attempt at copying an Mp5k, and If youre going to do something like that you should go all the way. I looked at a couple of other Sim Guns from various manufacturers, and eventually settled on a RAP5.

Honestly I can say its a great weapon for what it is, and that would of course be a scenario gun. Its a .40 caliber so you have to know of a field that'll let you use it. Most of the fields around me have bring youre own paint days on Sundays - which is when I always played anyway - So I havent had much of a problem. Ive also fielded it against regular .68's, and Ive done well, But it lacks some range.

a Curiousity though is the Old Tippmann SMG series. Ive used them many times before, quite a while ago. It was a Very nice weapon, I especially loved the magazines, even if they were a bit inconvenient to load. what I wonder though is why a follow up was never made. Tippmann made the SMG and then we never saw anything like it again (Until now with the RAP4 and RAP5). I know If I could find an old Tippmann SMG for sale, I would buy it immediately.. and chew the arms off anyone else who was looking at it.  People used to moan about the small clips for it, But I actually enjoyed it. I never liked having 150 rounds in my weapon at one time.

Would it really be a bad idea for Tippmann to Make a newer, possibly modernized version of the SMG? I for one think it would do very well.  Tippmann's already got the market cornered when it comes to different designs (Honestly folks, 90% of paintball guns look nearly identical, regardless of color), And alot of people who buy Tippmanns as far as I can tell usually do so because they dont want a Neon Pink gun with the same generic rectangle with a cylinder look to it. If this is the case then I dont think it would cause too much of a shock in sales then if Tippmann designed a New Magazine loading weapon in the spirit of the SMG series.

Anyway. Just some thoughts.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
  Share Topic