Tippmann Paintball Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Paintball Equipment > Upgrades and Customizing
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

$1000 98 custom buildup

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nfgdrunkpyro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: $1000 98 custom buildup
    Posted: 22 July 2004 at 8:05pm

i have about $1000 and want to build the ultimate tippmann 98c for woodsball. below is a list of mods and upgrades i plan on buying. please let me know if you have any suggestions. if anyone is interested i will post a picture as some results when im done. thanks.

98 custom-$125

palmer pursuits male and female regs-$100 a piece

12oz co2 tank with butt.(yes i know nitro is better but i have to use co2)-$30

drop forward with on/off-$25

responsive trigger-$100

lapco powerfeed-$45

blade double trigger-$75

rear cocking bolt-$30

lapco raised sight rail-$20

ultra dot scope-$100

barrel(not sure what type)-$150

paint job and body work(covering rear bolt hole)-$100

[FI] View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote [FI] Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 July 2004 at 8:08pm

Why two regulators? Only one is required, it will be just as consistent at one.

Don't bother with a barrel kit, it's an open bolt marker, get like a .693 DYE Ultralite. This will reduce the chances of a ball breaking. You might get a bit more accuracy with a proper paint-to-bore match, but if you break a ball...(and we all know balls vary in size)...accuracy is crap.

pbdude985 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Dude! Sweet! Dude! Sweet! Dude! Sweet!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pbdude985 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 July 2004 at 8:11pm
if u want to build a woodsball gun i wood deff get a flatline cuase of the added distance just a suggestion but other then that it sounds good
Gumbe View Drop Down
Guested: Don’t Go Away Mad, Just Go Away

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gumbe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 July 2004 at 8:16pm
that sounds good but but but but no rear cocking get the rocket cocker and get a stock trust me man you will like it better then the co2 bunt
[FI] View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote [FI] Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 July 2004 at 8:20pm

The Flatline is good, but not for everyone. Lobbing shots can be very effective (and so can a straight shot). Even so, the Flatline is a not a "If you play woods, you own it," type of thing. It's more personaly preferance. If he wants one, he will ask, if he doesn't want one...don't bother.

Don't delude yourself either...the Flatline's accuracy from beyond the normal effective range of a standard barrels is not amazing. It will not be a "1 shot, 1 kill" scenarion unless you just get lucky. It's more of a cover-fire device.

Bauerp0weR 18 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bauerp0weR 18 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 July 2004 at 8:44pm

Yeah, I don't really see the point in two regs.  Also the sight won't really help you all that much during gameplay as far as eventually leading to the state of mind thinking "one shot, one kill."  More than likely your shot will miss unless at a close range, so it's, to me at least, a waste of money.  If you insist on having one, a reletively cheap red dot site would get the job done.

Also just to tell you, the response trigger is only about $75.

Black Smart Parts Ion
Halo B
Check-It Unimount
macroline
68/45 Pure Energy tank
maroon out View Drop Down
Not "moron" - Geez!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maroon out Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 July 2004 at 8:44pm
Originally posted by [FI [FI wrote:

]

Why two regulators? Only one is required, it will be just as consistent at one.

Don't bother with a barrel kit, it's an open bolt marker, get like a .693 DYE Ultralite. This will reduce the chances of a ball breaking. You might get a bit more accuracy with a proper paint-to-bore match, but if you break a ball...(and we all know balls vary in size)...accuracy is crap.

2 Stab's actually wouldn't be a bad idea. Glenn Palmer has alot of his gun's set up like that, mostly for winter play though.
Watch your thoughts they become words
Watch your words they become actions
Watch your actions they become habits
Watch your habits they become character
Watch your character it becomes your destin
A-5kid View Drop Down

GUESTED

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote A-5kid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 July 2004 at 8:48pm
Q-loader, Ebolt, grenade launcher,flatline,good scope,camo job, guilli suit (for you), Nitro,stock and other fn accsecories  
A-5
Flatline
phyco B drop
32* Expansion chamber
JCS duel trigger
homemade sling
Trigger mod
E-grip

violence is not the answer, its a hobby
hashi2008 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
Strike 1 - Racial Slur

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hashi2008 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 July 2004 at 9:15pm
 trust me, you don't want a scope, not even with the flatline. You risk getting flanked with a scope because of tunnel vison. Secondly, he said that he can't use nitro. Lastly, why the heck does he need a grenade launcher? Those things are huge and hard to carry (at least the ones ive seen). And if he gets a small one, it is not likely to be accurate. I can see the e-bolt though. It works better than the RT, and he has the cash. So IMO, go Ebolt, Stock(optional), Flatline/Bigshot (if he wants one or the other or both), Remote (optional)if you get a remote, then you can get an inline reg instead of a female, and some good Mossy Oak camo clothes.
Founder of the "Forumers Against the Ugly Woman Sigs" also known as FAUWS.
Notorious Bob View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Notorious Bob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 July 2004 at 9:17pm

Bah, old post and i didnt know what i was talking about.  But dont just go out to a store and spend 1000 building a uber tippmann.  Just play with your gun stock.  You want better accuracy?  Get a Bigshot.  You want better consistancy?  Get a Stabilizer.  Going out and spending 800 on a gun that has some perfomance upgrades but most for looks isnt the brightest thing to do.  Red dots are worthless.  Stocks are worthess.  You dont really need a but plate for you c02 tank, just use the end of it.

I guess what im trying to say is, dont buy something if you dont need it.  Youll save a lot of money doing that.

Edited by Notorious Bob
MSG.Mobius View Drop Down
Strike 1, "S-Bomb" & More (F18)

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MSG.Mobius Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 July 2004 at 9:23pm
I suggest you slow your roll and look around and do research, go to a local shop and look around, look into buying a different weapon. Save some money and only get minamal upgrades, buy like an I-pod or save up for a cool thing.

Coming in May 2005!
DacK44 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DacK44 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 July 2004 at 9:45pm

they should really put something like a paintball mask in one of them ebay musical commercials, cuz it IS the best place to get stuff....

and for u dumb ppl... ebay doesnt mean USED.

nfgdrunkpyro View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nfgdrunkpyro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 July 2004 at 11:37pm

thanks a lot for all the feedback i really appreciate it. heres an updated version of what i currently plan on doing.

98 custom-$125

palmer pursuits male stab. -$100

12oz co2 tank.(yes i know nitro is better but i have to use co2)-$20

drop forward with on/off-$25

responsive trigger-$100

lapco powerfeed-$45

gta double trigger-$25

D.O.P. Pro Seal-$45

stock-$60

barrel(not sure what type)-$150

paint job and body work(covering rear bolt hole)-$100

please let me know what you think of the updates and if their is any other way of improving accuracy, also I looking for suggestions for a mask.

rave5910 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rave5910 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 July 2004 at 12:01am
I've heard that those hyper star front bolts really improve accuracy, and what about a hopper, if your getting the rt you'll probably need a new hopper.

as far as masks go as long as it has a thermal lens and you trust the company its usually ok

A-5
E-grip
32º W.B.
DOP x-chamb.
psycho bal. 2x trig
polished internals
B.L. 1.2k psi gauge
ST grip adapter
32º bottomline
DacK44 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DacK44 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 July 2004 at 1:29am

hmm thats funny ive heard those hyper star front bolts, DO NOTHING AT ALL!

as for ur setup and costs i say u just buy some tricked out setup on ebay for $300-$500. and then work off watever setup they have.

if u dont wanna do it ebay... i suggest this setup with more accurate prices...

98 custom- 120

palmer stab.- 100

lowp. kit- 120

68/4500 nitro tank- 130

BS E-bolt w/ stock back- 250

remote- 30

2x Trigger- 20-40

shocktech superfly bolt- 20

following if ur a backman

haloB- 100

flatline- 100

harness+pods- 50

Following if ur a middleman

haloB- 100

Freak kit- 200

harness+pods- 50

Following if ur a Frontman

Qloader- 120

Freak kit- 200

Harness- 50

dunno why u cant use nitro, but its worth it man... i just through superfly in there because i saw that u want a proseal. IMO the only front bolt upgrade thats actually worth it, is the superfly. its not that much of an upgrade, but thats the best. since ur playing woods i would recommend replacing a dropforward with a remote and harness. even if u decide to go with a drop though, u should get a harness to reload.

the bs-ebolt is better than the gta one. u can also ask the guys at ballistic sports to make the little stubby part that sticks out of ur gun into a stock instead if u throw in an extra $50 (included in price above) if u dont go electric, rt's only cost like $60.

i would forget about the lapco powerfeed and include a vertical feed conversion with ur body work that u wanted(somewhere under 100). since ur playing woodsball i wouldnt really get a paintjob... black is fine.

as for a mask, speaking from experience i would definately go with a proteus or some jt mask that comes with a fan, fans are very useful for humid days when ur mask fogs up. and yes, even anti-fog masks fog after it ages a bit.AND THATS IT, I MADE THIS LIST CONSIDERING U HAVE $1000 TO BURN SO IT SHOULD BE VERY CLOSE TO THAT RANGE! IF U WANNA SAVE MONEY I WOULD DO IT EBAY! ALL PARTS CHEAPEST THERE! dang i wrote like a whole book here.

Edited by DacK44
98sniper View Drop Down

Stike 1: Flaming

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 98sniper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 July 2004 at 3:06am

EVERY RECBALL PLAYERS DREAM SETUP

E-BOLT

CAR STOCK

ADJUSTABLE SIGHT RAIL

ROCKET COCKER

GET THE M-16 FORGRIP THEYGOT SOME WHERE YOUR BARREL SLIDES THREW

BOOMSTICK

DOUBLE TRIGGER

REMOTE

PAINT JOB

EGG II

X-CHAMBER MAYBE

THAT RIGHT THERE MY FRIEND IS AWSOME SETUP. GO TO

WWW.OPPSGEAR.COM THEY HAVE EVERY THING FOR A SENIRIO PLAYA. IF YOU BUY THERE PARTS, YOU CAN SEND IN YOUR GUN AND THEY WILL INSTALL THEM AND PUT A CUSTOM PAINT JOB ON IT FOR NOT THAT MUCH.

98c
x chamber
revi 12vlt w/x

bko
halo tsa backman
shocktech drop

soon to get
e orracle
crossfire tank
boomstic
kaner kit
egg 2 w/z board
ang.1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ang.1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 July 2004 at 5:02am

E-bolt

Double Trigger

Barrel(if you are a rec baller you'll probably use around medium bore paint so just get a JnJ, Bigshot, Teardrop, CP 1 Peice and you'll be fine since they're all medium bore)

Definetly go HPA if you can

Palmer's Male if you use CO2(if you can get hpa dont worry about a reg since your tanke should come with one)

Egg2 because you probably won't outshoot it and you definetly wont outshoot a Halo B

Harness

Thermal goggles (my favorite is V-force Profiler)

and thats about it for me

[FI] View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote [FI] Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 July 2004 at 8:32am
Originally posted by 98sniper 98sniper wrote:

E-BOLT

CAR STOCK

ROCKET COCKER

You do realize that those are not compatible with each other, correct?

Edit- The DOP really won't do much on the 98 Custom. For an A-5, it may have some advantages (no cracked power tubes), but even then I would stick with the stock one. There is a reason you don't see many upgraded internals for Tippmann markers...mainly because they are the best already.

Edited by [FI]
DacK44 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DacK44 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 July 2004 at 9:55am
actually ballistic sports sells their e-bolt with the option of turning the little nubby that sticks out the back of ur gun into a car stock.
[FI] View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote [FI] Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 July 2004 at 10:13am

Edit- Found a pic of it, but no directions or anything about doing the mod...could be a hack job.

And I don't think the Rocket Cock works with the E-Bolt.

Edited by [FI]
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic