Tippmann Paintball Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Tippmann Paintball > Paintball Ideas / News From Tippmann
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Makeshift Speedball Course

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Semper Durus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Makeshift Speedball Course
    Posted: 22 July 2004 at 10:54pm

My friends and I just started a new team and to put it lightly we are horrible. So I decided to make a practice field. Here's what I used:

• 2 broken-down lawn mowers (riding)
  • 3 empty trash cans
  • 4 pallets
  • 4 rolls of unused chain link fence (14-18 in. think)
  • 1 old grill
  • 2 old chairs
  • 3 large pool rafts
  • 2 pieces of plywood
  • 1 volcano shaped pool raft (6 ft. tall, 7 ft. base) 

So far it's working out great. LOL. You can always put some old junk to use, huh?

I don't have a sig anymore
kwkmrorange View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kwkmrorange Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 July 2004 at 11:16pm
Hmm awsome, that sounds like a really big course. My friends and I made one for a two man team. We had a stack of tires as the fifty, two grabadge cans as a bunker, two as another, a wheel barrow and a little red wagon and then one bunker made of sticks. It didnt get used often, it was to hard to play.
Belt #2 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
Strike 2 - Drug use thread

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Belt #2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 July 2004 at 11:53pm

Improvising is fun, isn't it?

Most importantly - People suck.
evil_fingers View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Strike 1 - Inappropriate sig

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote evil_fingers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 July 2004 at 2:21am
That sounds more like a Rec Ball Field than a Speedball Field....do you any pics of it?

Edited by evil_fingers
Do not steal....the government hates competition!
Glassjaw View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Took down Mike Tyson

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Glassjaw Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 July 2004 at 2:23am
The desire for polyester is just to powerful.
Semper Durus View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Semper Durus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 July 2004 at 10:25am

Originally posted by evil_fingers evil_fingers wrote:

That sounds more like a Rec Ball Field than a Speedball Field....do you any pics of it?

Pics are coming soon. The course was in one of our pastures and I had to move it to another because the grass grew too high to play. I expect it to be finished with a few more things by late next week.

spyderjunke View Drop Down
You heard me: Spyder = junke

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote spyderjunke Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 July 2004 at 1:31pm
thats cool i used old things for a woods ball field

I rock to my own beat
Large Unit View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Not really, but it looks good as a name

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Large Unit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 July 2004 at 5:17pm
Pretty cool, my friends and me use old tires. Any tire company or auto shop will almost pay you to take them off their hands. You may want to try that if you want more bunkers.
-The Unknown View Drop Down
Guested - Nudity

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote -The Unknown Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 July 2004 at 7:53pm
cool.
Queef Police View Drop Down

Guested - Username not acceptable

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Queef Police Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 July 2004 at 10:32pm
im also into motocross so i have a track with several jumps and i thought about making bunkers so i switched how it was arranged and now they are just dirt bunkers
a5
flatline barrel
custom aluminum foregrip
custom aluminum folding stock
e grip
palmer stabalizer
71ci 4500psi dye throttle hpa
dye invision goggles
98God View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Ya, the joke did get you Strike 1

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 98God Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 July 2004 at 6:12pm
thast basically what we did....but the woods overgrew on it and now we combined our speed and woodsball fields
Helmut12289 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Helmut12289 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 July 2004 at 10:34pm
yeah, my fields grass is like a foot 1/2 tall, fun for sneaking... i went to a junk yard where you can buy things for next to nothin... barrels, boards, yeah...
Axe in the head, early to bed, Axe in the helmet, a thanks to Helmut... and I support Bush! So there.
infected being View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote infected being Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 July 2004 at 11:22pm
I think I may want to do something like this... I have a huge backyard, that has some awesome trees, but not too many of them... I've played it as it is, but there isn't enough trees but for a 1 on 1 game, which I don't like the most... I think I'll get my mum's approval, then get tires and junk yard stuff, then build bunkers, then net it so paint won't hit my house... Junk yard items cost near-to-nothing, the tires I can get for free, from my dad's shop, so the only thing I must pay for is a bit of netting...
TruePaintballer View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Strike 1 - Spam 11-19

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TruePaintballer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 July 2004 at 11:54pm
howd the inflatable things work?
Outlaws
*Sponsors*
Abrika
Semper Durus View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Semper Durus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 July 2004 at 6:31pm

Originally posted by TruePaintballer TruePaintballer wrote:

howd the inflatable things work?

Pretty well, I just didn't have a good way to fasten them to the ground so they wanted to blow away. Nothing bricks and duct tape can't fix...

The Ho View Drop Down
Guested - Just leave already

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Ho Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 July 2004 at 9:15pm
If you live by a river then go talk to the local fisherman and get a lot of old shrimp net or something that has small holes and use that. you could probaly get that for free. i know i did.
I LIKE BIKES!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic