Tippmann Paintball Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Tippmann Paintball > Paintball Ideas / News From Tippmann
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Backyard Paintball Field

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BluR930 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Backyard Paintball Field
    Posted: 25 July 2004 at 7:30pm

***I searched and searched and could not find what I was looking for***

I want to make a small woodsball field in my woods (way in my backyard) for me and my friends.  I'm looking for some advice on how to set it up and just how to make it really fun.  Im not looking for how to make bunkers (as there are many other posts to help me with that and ill mostly use just wood).  If anyone also has any site to help me do this would be great. 

Thanks alot. 

98c Dude13 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 98c Dude13 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 July 2004 at 10:00am
Well I recommend nailing the boards to the tree's because they always fall over with the wind.And then make sure the balls want be flying toward the direction of your house.That's a big problem.Then make boundary lines out of string that is rapped around trees so no one wanders out of boundaries.And usually in woodsball there aren't that many boards at all or none. GOOD LUCK
TIPPMANN 98 CUSTOM
14" Progressive barrel   
32* Black gel grips
BT-16 Double trigger
Pen Spring Mod
X-core Expansion Chamber
Vertical Adapter
Bomber Brigade View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bomber Brigade Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 July 2004 at 10:51am
There is a sticky of this.
hashi2008 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
Strike 1 - Racial Slur

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hashi2008 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 July 2004 at 11:51am
Build bunkers just big enough to cover a player from most every oposing bunker. Don't over-stack your bunkers on one side. Don't put all that many bunkers. For a fairly large field and 10 players per side, you probably only want 15 cover spots per side TOPS! Most of all, play on your field after you "finish it" (i say this because a field is never finished) play on it and see what you need. If some trees are to small to hide behind, then use some small boards to make it larger.
Founder of the "Forumers Against the Ugly Woman Sigs" also known as FAUWS.
BluR930 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BluR930 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 July 2004 at 12:16pm
I appreciate the help but i know how to make bunkers im looking more about how to set it up so its fair and fun.  Hashi lightly touched upon that.  So any other help is appreciated.  And Bomber Brigade, you can at least be usuful by posting the link.  That was a useless post and this thread could have been better without it, thanks.
BigD View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 July 2004 at 9:25pm

take a weed wacker and get rid of the tall grass, weeds, and poison ivy. you might want to cut down some trees too with an axe.

Tippmann 98 Custom
J&J Ceramic 14 in.
VL Revolution w/ X-board
Rufus Dawg Double Trigger
Drop forward
Rocket Cock II
Vert. Adapter
DOP X-Core
DYE Sticky Grips
Dye Invision
b_ball12_99 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote b_ball12_99 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 July 2004 at 10:00pm
When we play in the woods by my house, we just send one team in to hide, and the other team in to take the hill and eliminate them.  Vietnam style when the brush is grown up.  Good hiding in the tall grass.
I have an A5 with:
Psycho Ballistics Double Trigger
14" Lapco Big Shot
PMI Remote
co2
Glassjaw View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Took down Mike Tyson

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Glassjaw Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 July 2004 at 3:09pm
Originally posted by BigD BigD wrote:

take a weed wacker and get rid of the tall grass, weeds, and poison ivy. you might want to cut down some trees too with an axe.

no.  i mean it is personal preference.  but tall grass would make woodsball ALOT better.   you can conceal yourself more and better for stalking.  something that would be cool would find a field with alot of tall grass, than in the middle cut about a 50' by 50' square or circle, and build bunkers around the edge of the circle/square or a castle type thing.  sort of like attack defend.  and what would be really awesome would be to have a forst around the outter edge of the tall grass for longer ranges.  the attacking team would start in the forest and have to attack the castle area while the defense would have to hold them off for like 5-10-15- or 20 minutes. 
The desire for polyester is just to powerful.
garrett5 View Drop Down
Strike 1 - Stupidity

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote garrett5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 July 2004 at 5:58pm
at the place i play paintball at theres a area with tall grass and a fallen log and u can pic off a couple people without htem seeing u its pretty cool
http://garrett5.conforums3.com/index.cgi join or die

evil_fingers View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Strike 1 - Inappropriate sig

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote evil_fingers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 July 2004 at 1:10am
First off, you should check wit city hall to see if you can get the ok to turn yer backyard into a paintball field.
Do not steal....the government hates competition!
dino killer View Drop Down
Guested: Graphic sexual content

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dino killer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 July 2004 at 8:58am
I got all the make shift junk you need for bunkers im gona list em but be creative couch cushians, old couches, heavy blankets hung over on of those nets for caching baseballs, hay, bundes of sticks, wrap a piec of sheet metal on a tree so the sides stick out, realy anything will do find a pile of junk and ask yourself two question can it stop a paintball? and can i hide behind it?
You dont whant to play my team unles of course you can endure the sting of paint
dino killer View Drop Down
Guested: Graphic sexual content

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dino killer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 July 2004 at 9:03am
dont ever rule out tall grass and just cut it down it may be a hasle but i cant tell you how many times layen in the grass has not only saved my butt but also got me some fine kills.
You dont whant to play my team unles of course you can endure the sting of paint
Silent Slayer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Silent Slayer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 July 2004 at 12:40pm
yea its a woods ball field u kinda need woods ur talking about taking a weed wacker and cuttin all the brush and cuttin down trees. ur gonna end up with a field
a5 polished internals
flatline
custom aluminum foregrip
drop
e grip w/custom blade trigger
palmer stabalizer
71ci 4500psi dye throttle
dye invisions
vision impy
tapeworm
crossfire 88/45
EVO
Belt #2 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
Strike 2 - Drug use thread

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Belt #2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 July 2004 at 5:22pm

My god... you people completly missed the question he was asking... even after he stated what he wanted a SECOND time...

He wants to know how the make the field FUN and FAIR... not how to make bunkers...

Basically, make sure your boundries are well stated, with some of that neon orange tape crap around the field. (You know, the stuff they use to mark off job sites, and what-not) Keep every one within the boundries at all times...

Make sure you don't shoot twords your house... mommy and daddy won't like it if your house is covered in neon pink and green splatters. If you can afford it, wrap some paintball netting around the area of the field that is too close to your house. Paintball netting is expensive, so you dont want to over do it, but yet, dont skimp.... This is totally optional, but it is definatly something to consider if you have the money...

Make sure you have a chorno, no one wants to be blind beacuse someone had an un-godly high velocity. Make the maximum velocity 280 to 300 fps (feet per second)... That's a great speed... (280 or 290 fps)

That's all I got...

Most importantly - People suck.
hashi2008 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
Strike 1 - Racial Slur

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hashi2008 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 July 2004 at 6:16pm
 Well, you deffinatly want to make sure that no one is shooting too high, but you can see that someone is shooting too high easily. A chrono isn't all that necesary, but if you can aford it, go for it! How many people do you want to play with? Another good idea is movable bunkers so that varying numbers won't be a problem. A good way to make it fair is to put the same number of hiding spots on each side, and make them exactly the same on both sides, then mix the bunkers up. Keep the numbers the same, but make the bunkers face most of the field. Choke points are always fun. If you want, you can make sure that every bunker has one other bunker that can see them and shoot them, but that makes games go really quick. Make sure to intergrate any physical features into you field, but don't let anything stack to one side. I hope this helped. If you could state some special needs or better yet a picture of your yard. This would really help us help you.
Founder of the "Forumers Against the Ugly Woman Sigs" also known as FAUWS.
A-5_Ace View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote A-5_Ace Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 July 2004 at 6:44pm
now its neccessary to be fair but if you want to make it fun don't duplicate bunkers.  make the bunkers different on both sides, if they are the same then the game can get a bit repetitive.  in my woods ball field sometimes to keep it fun we pick teams and let the teams design their own bunkers and destroy the old ones that we have gotten tired of.  this keeps it very interesting cause the opposing force has no idea where you are.
Nrtheastah View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nrtheastah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 July 2004 at 7:58am

Originally posted by evil_fingers evil_fingers wrote:

First off, you should check wit city hall to see if you can get the ok to turn yer backyard into a paintball field.

Evil Fingers is correct, check to make sure that you CAN do this in the area you live in before you go to all the trouble and expense.  As has happened to many people before, you’ll set this up only to be told that it has to be taken down.

Check it out first.

Helmut12289 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Helmut12289 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 August 2004 at 12:23pm

just make sure one team doesnt have its back to the house, and one team facing the house... and just try the field from both sides to make sure one team doesnt have the upperhand, so... yeah...

Axe in the head, early to bed, Axe in the helmet, a thanks to Helmut... and I support Bush! So there.
BigD View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 August 2004 at 4:19pm

I didn't know how tall his grass is. if it's tall enough to use, fine. but if it's just going to be several inches tall then cut the tall stuff down cause when I played at my friend's house I got poison Ivy somehow.

Anyways, fence off an area so that noone gets lost or anything. Dig trenches, those are fun.

Tippmann 98 Custom
J&J Ceramic 14 in.
VL Revolution w/ X-board
Rufus Dawg Double Trigger
Drop forward
Rocket Cock II
Vert. Adapter
DOP X-Core
DYE Sticky Grips
Dye Invision
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic