Tippmann Paintball Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Tippmann Paintball > Paintball Ideas / News From Tippmann
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

paint balls

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Joseph Manton Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: paint balls
    Posted: 26 July 2004 at 9:15pm
Have you ever been shooting at somone who is behind some brush.  Isn't it so annoying that all they are hit with is splatter?  There needs to be a paintball that brusts when squeezed or when they hit a solid surface but cannot be slashed like what happens to them when they hit brush.
Semper Durus View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Semper Durus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 July 2004 at 9:37pm
We don't need paintballs to be anymore expensive. It was a good thought, but are you willing to pay $120 for a case of 'Doesn't Break on Brush!' paintballs? The only way I could think of doing that would be to make the paintball harder, which would kinda hurt if it can survive sticks thrashing at it.
I don't have a sig anymore
98c Dude13 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 98c Dude13 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 July 2004 at 12:52pm

Originally posted by Semper Durus Semper Durus wrote:

We don't need paintballs to be anymore expensive. It was a good thought, but are you willing to pay $120 for a case of 'Doesn't Break on Brush!' paintballs? The only way I could think of doing that would be to make the paintball harder, which would kinda hurt if it can survive sticks thrashing at it.

TIPPMANN 98 CUSTOM
14" Progressive barrel   
32* Black gel grips
BT-16 Double trigger
Pen Spring Mod
X-core Expansion Chamber
Vertical Adapter
Purdy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Purdy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 July 2004 at 1:20pm
Yeah that does get kinda annoying but like they said.  Who wants to spend $120 on a case of painballs?  Who would make them anyway?
fdupnct View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fdupnct Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 July 2004 at 2:15pm
Actually from what I've read Aromtech is making "Black Ops" paintballs which are supposed to be more durable and for woods play.  I've never used them but I'm on the Armotech forums every so often and thats where I saw it.  Some people on there have reviews up, which were pretty good.
Team Ball-Breakers

Amphibious Assault - 8/28 & 8/29

I am Swamp Thing
98God View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Ya, the joke did get you Strike 1

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 98God Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 July 2004 at 2:23pm
if they dont break on sticks and brush i dont think they would break on a person either...i dont know though
fdupnct View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fdupnct Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 July 2004 at 2:28pm
yeah, I thought the same, but apparently they do break I just think it hurts more
Team Ball-Breakers

Amphibious Assault - 8/28 & 8/29

I am Swamp Thing
evil_fingers View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Strike 1 - Inappropriate sig

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote evil_fingers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 July 2004 at 1:14am
Actually theres is a paintball that can go through bushes, but theres one problem....it wont break on contact, I fergot the name of the balls though and how do I know this I read an article bout it long time ago.
Do not steal....the government hates competition!
triggerhappy1 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote triggerhappy1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 July 2004 at 11:10am
just use blue streak! they never even break on the body. mix them in with your regular balls and theyll break the brush then the good ones will get through. and its the cheapest paint out there!
Silent Slayer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Silent Slayer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 July 2004 at 11:42am

ive herd blue streaks will screw up ur barrel

a5 polished internals
flatline
custom aluminum foregrip
drop
e grip w/custom blade trigger
palmer stabalizer
71ci 4500psi dye throttle
dye invisions
vision impy
tapeworm
crossfire 88/45
EVO
Helmut12289 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Helmut12289 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 August 2004 at 12:18pm
get marbalized paintballs, they dont break well but like "triggerhappy1" said, just mix a few in to your hopper, and who cares if they hurt more, it will be more realistic because you'll be more afraid to get hit.
Axe in the head, early to bed, Axe in the helmet, a thanks to Helmut... and I support Bush! So there.
Super NEWB View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Super NEWB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 August 2004 at 8:06pm
the flatline puts backspin on the ball allowing it to pass through brush better. try that

Angel guys get all the girls
Steve Zissou: I'm going to find it and I'm going to destroy it. Possibly with dynamite.
98c - baller View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 98c - baller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 August 2004 at 8:16pm
wow no one has realised that brush is a soild surface
PaintBsniper View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaintBsniper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 August 2004 at 8:26pm

Originally posted by 98c - baller 98c - baller wrote:

wow no one has realised that brush is a soild surface

um i think everyone here knows what the difference is between a solid a gas and liquids. There just trying to find a way to reduce the splatter caused by balls breaking in the brush.

I dont care what you say there are snipers in paintball
Large Unit View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Not really, but it looks good as a name

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Large Unit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 August 2004 at 9:19pm
When im gona be playing in a place with a bunch of bushes (its our version of woodsball her in arizona lol) I mix paint that hardly breaks like bluestreak with what I usually use in my hopper, that way I can lit up the bush and make an opening to shoot through.
PaintBsniper View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaintBsniper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 August 2004 at 10:32pm

Originally posted by Large Unit Large Unit wrote:

When im gona be playing in a place with a bunch of bushes (its our version of woodsball her in arizona lol) I mix paint that hardly breaks like bluestreak with what I usually use in my hopper, that way I can lit up the bush and make an opening to shoot through.

lol

I dont care what you say there are snipers in paintball
rave5910 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rave5910 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 August 2004 at 6:43am
Originally posted by Super NEWB Super NEWB wrote:

the flatline puts backspin on the ball allowing it to pass through brush better. try that

who told you that?

A-5
E-grip
32º W.B.
DOP x-chamb.
psycho bal. 2x trig
polished internals
B.L. 1.2k psi gauge
ST grip adapter
32º bottomline
infected being View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote infected being Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 August 2004 at 11:48am
In my experience, Blue Streak paint does break. You're just lucky if it breaks on the target...
i type slow View Drop Down
I need a thesaurus. & Spam Strike 2 6/13

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote i type slow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 June 2005 at 9:07pm

Originally posted by rave5910 rave5910 wrote:

[quote=Super NEWB] the flatline puts backspin on the ball allowing it to pass through brush better. try that

who told you that

if you shoot a paintball directly at a wall it breaks right.                    if you shoot a paintball at wall at an angle it bounces right         & nbsp;     

it is kinda like a tire if it hits a bump it just rolls over it.

when  the paintball is spining it just rolls over the twigs

i think thats what it is

^^correct me if im wrong^^

search before you post!
nEmRoĞ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nEmRoĞ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 June 2005 at 9:12pm
well i do find wit brushes usin my r/t. first few shoots clear the way for the rest till i empty my hopper on some1 behind bushes
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic