FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedDriving Age

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
The Doors Of Perception

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 July 2004 at 10:29am
in virginia, you get your permit or learners, at 15 and a half, you have to write down a bunch of crap about 40 hours of driving, like mi, date, time, parents sig and at 16 and three months you get your lisence. which will be this coming feburary 21st for me. heh, BUT you have to hold your learners for 9 months before you can gt yoru lisence.

Dan db09 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 July 2004 at 10:56am
I always drive my dads truck and I live in Jersey. Its 16 for permit and 18 for liscense. I'm only 14. When me and my dad go out to Missouri with my Uncles and cousins I drive all over because theres never cops on the roads.
xzTippmannA5xz View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 July 2004 at 10:57am
I'm 15 and I got my Permit now. Driving is hella hard. Especially the Sticks.
Caution: Barrel plugs are dangerous.

My Setup
Tippmann A-5
Response Trigger
32Degrees Ice Cold Barrel
AdmiralSenn View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 July 2004 at 11:13am
Originally posted by Tae Kwon Do Tae Kwon Do wrote:

Ok.

Here in La Florida, We have a Tri-Fold system.

At 15 you can get a "Learners Permit", Which means you can drive with a parent or guardian in the front seat.

Then, One year from the day you got your Learners Permit,

Which makes you 16, you can get a "Drivers Permit". It means you can drive on your own, but you are not supposed to drive inbetween the hours of 12am - 4am unless for work or school.

Then at 18 you can get a "Drivers Lisence", which is an unrestricted lisence.

Ummm no? Learner's, then Operator's. Maybe it's different where you live, but I can get a full license right now, and will hopefully do so by the end of the week. Certain restrictions apply, but it's not a different license, just an age thing. Until you're 18 there are limits on who can ride in your car and when.
Is God real? You'll find out when you die.

Okay, I don't have a clever signature zinger. So sue me.
Tae Kwon Do View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Best Forumer of the Year 2006

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 July 2004 at 11:16am
Originally posted by AdmiralSenn AdmiralSenn wrote:

Ok.

At 15 you can get a "Learners Permit", Which means you can drive with a parent or guardian in the front seat.

Which makes you 16, you can get a "Drivers Permit". It means you can drive on your own, but you are not supposed to drive inbetween the hours of 12am - 4am unless for work or school.

Ummm no? Learner's, then Operator's. Maybe it's different where you live, but I can get a full license right now, and will hopefully do so by the end of the week. Certain restrictions apply, but it's not a different license, just an age thing. Until you're 18 there are limits on who can ride in your car and when.

Ummm No?

Im 16 and I have a Drivers Permit.

I can drive on my own, with whoever in the car as long as its inbetween 12am and 4am.

PbSplintercell View Drop Down
Posting on borrowed time

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 July 2004 at 11:35am
in massachusetts i think i can get my permint at like 15 or 16
<thanx enos

ekeboo View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
strike 1 5/1 Filter dodge

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 July 2004 at 11:39am

its still 16 in california  cant wait if it turns to 18 i just might consider going to arnold the governator of kalifornia and smack him ok so im lying but i would die

you can get your license when your 16 in california

xzTippmannA5xz View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 July 2004 at 11:48am

Originally posted by AdmiralSenn AdmiralSenn wrote:

Ok.

Ummm No?

Im 16 and I have a Drivers Permit.

I can drive on my own, with whoever in the car as long as its inbetween 12am and 4am.

Isn't that called a Provisional License?

Caution: Barrel plugs are dangerous.

My Setup
Tippmann A-5
Response Trigger
32Degrees Ice Cold Barrel
MSG.Mobius View Drop Down
Strike 1, "S-Bomb" & More (F18)

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 July 2004 at 12:23pm
In NYC its 18 for lisence and 14 for Working Papers.

Coming in May 2005!
Ajreaper View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Paintballer and United States Marine

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 July 2004 at 12:36pm
Originally posted by tmino1687 tmino1687 wrote:

in 16 and i think that i am better than half the people on the road.  I drive snowmobiles in the winter, i do about 1000 miles on my snowmobile each winter.  i thinks thats the reason i have stayed out of so many crashes and fender benders because there have been over 30 situations that i have been in, in the last 6 months. but i moved and was smart so i would not get hit or hit someone else. (cause my reaction time is fast and i move to the side of the road when there is a big or sudden stop).

LOL- there's no relationship between driving a snowmobile and driving a car. And if you've had 30 close calls in 6 months- then you my friend are a bad driver. Good drivers do not have multiple close calls over short periods of time. I drive 10,000+ miles a year with teenage drivers and I have for over 5 years and I've not had 30 close calls in all that time. Over my entire lifetime of driving I've not had 30 close calls. If traffic in front of you suddenly slows or stops and your having to pull to the side of the road it's because your following to closely and driving to fast- your an accident waiting to happen you are not a "good driver".

Edited by Ajreaper
xteam02001 View Drop Down

Good Job On Getting Yourself Guested

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 July 2004 at 1:39pm
Originally posted by Ajreaper Ajreaper wrote:

in 16 and i think that i am better than half the people on the road.  I drive snowmobiles in the winter, i do about 1000 miles on my snowmobile each winter.  i thinks thats the reason i have stayed out of so many crashes and fender benders because there have been over 30 situations that i have been in, in the last 6 months. but i moved and was smart so i would not get hit or hit someone else. (cause my reaction time is fast and i move to the side of the road when there is a big or sudden stop).

LOL- there's no relationship between driving a snowmobile and driving a car. And if you've had 30 close calls in 6 months- then you my friend are a bad driver. Good drivers do not have multiple close calls over short periods of time. I drive 10,000+ miles a year with teenage drivers and I have for over 5 years and I've not had 30 close calls in all that time. Over my entire lifetime of driving I've not had 30 close calls. If traffic in front of you suddenly slows or stops and your having to pull to the side of the road it's because your following to closely and driving to fast- your an accident waiting to happen you are not a "good driver".

you tell him Ajreaper

Jesus Christ, why don't you come save my life.
Open my eyes and blind me with your light
and your lies.
KillerCanuk View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 July 2004 at 1:44pm
My drivers program is similar to some that have been stated above.

You can go for your learners license at 16. Once you get that, you can practice driving with someone else for 3-6 months. (depending on if you take a course or not)

Then, you go for your New Driver License. This is basically your full license, except that you cannot drive your car past Mid-Night, until 4 am. You are on this for 2 years.

After your 2 years are up, you recieve your full graduated license.

Sucky thing is, I didn't bother getting my learners and stuff until I was 18. (I walked everywhere, and didn't have a car) So that means I wont be able to drive past mid-night until I'm 20....so very dumb if me....

I'll go Home, I'll go Home,
Full of the devil and full of the rum.
I'll go home, oh I'll go home,
I'll go home in the morning.
MSG.Mobius View Drop Down
Strike 1, "S-Bomb" & More (F18)

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 July 2004 at 2:02pm
Yea you can get a permit at 16 and you can drive with a lisenced driver in the car, or maybe its 17.

Coming in May 2005!
SandMan View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

More like Rip Van Winkle AmIRite?

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 July 2004 at 2:09pm
Colorado's pushing to get the driving age to 18. I don't know how much of it is already in place, but it seems like you've got to be 16 to get your permit in Colorado already. And you have to have your permit for like 6 months before you can get your license.

I don't really care, personally. There are perceived pros and cons, but long term I don't think it'll really change much.
Real Men Love Cheeses
tmino1687 View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 July 2004 at 3:12pm

i have had 30 + close calls cause i live in the city and im always in traffic, getting cut off , stupid people not knowing when to go at a 4 way, people pulling out in front of me, wet road conditions and people following to close to others have them almost hit me , and people not checking there blind spot and getting inches away from my car. all of  those have happened to me many times because i drive in rushour traffic. and i think i have an attavantage over people who have never drove anything before and take drivers ed.

so thats to u ajreaper

Edited by tmino1687
Sammy View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 July 2004 at 3:42pm
They havent changed it in California, permit 15, license 16. They've been talkin about it for years but they never have done it. If they did though i already have a plan..muuuaaahhhaa. Get a license in another state with my relatives, then come back to CA and have my license renewed in Ca. Im only 13 so they better not change it.
Ajreaper View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Paintballer and United States Marine

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 July 2004 at 4:04pm

i have had 30 + close calls cause i live in the city and im always in traffic, getting cut off , stupid people not knowing when to go at a 4 way, people pulling out in front of me, wet road conditions and people following to close to others have them almost hit me , and people not checking there blind spot and getting inches away from my car. all of  those have happened to me many times because i drive in rushour traffic. and i think i have an attavantage over people who have never drove anything before and take drivers ed.

so thats to u ajreaper

Whats your point here? 30+ close calls in 6 mopnths makes you a bad driver. I drive in the Phoenix metro area so I see alittle bit of traffic. Who's responsible when you have to pull off the road when traffic suddenly slows or stops in front of you to avoid hitting someone- try slowing down, paying attention and having a safe following distance on for size. Drivers cannot almost hit you because they do not check their blind spot if you do not allow your vehicle to stay within their blind spot. Good drivers recognize potential hazards and changing driving conditions and make allowances so they do not have"close calls". You can make all the BS excuses you want to, I train drivers, and I know having 30 close calls in 6 months is not the fault of others its your fault. I drive in heavy traffic and in a "big city" every week and cannot even remember the last time I had a close call. Maybe you need more practice on the snowmobile?

Edited by Ajreaper
SandMan View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

More like Rip Van Winkle AmIRite?

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 July 2004 at 4:07pm
I've been driving through the heart of Denver for almost two years since my last "close call". So I have to side with AJ on this one.
Real Men Love Cheeses
dye4dom420 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
Smells like cat food

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 July 2004 at 4:42pm
I'm 15 now. I have my permit. In december(six months of driving) I will take my road test and get my liscence. That liscence will be restricted (No driving between midnight and 4 am). At 18 I will have an unrestricted liscence, where I can drive at any time.
This is in Michigan
AdmiralSenn View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 July 2004 at 4:56pm
Tae Kwon Do/Whale, whatever. All I know is I am getting a full Driver's License at age 16 next month. Maybe your town or county is just weird.
Is God real? You'll find out when you die.

Okay, I don't have a clever signature zinger. So sue me.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
  Share Topic