Tippmann Paintball Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Tippmann Paintball > Paintball Ideas / News From Tippmann
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

paint ball in the olimpics

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Poll Question: Should paintballing be an olimpic sport?
Poll Choice Votes Poll Statistics
114 [60.00%]
1 [0.53%]
51 [26.84%]
17 [8.95%]
7 [3.68%]
You can not vote in this poll

Author
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Took down Mike Tyson

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Glassjaw Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 August 2004 at 10:06pm
Originally posted by TiPP*MaNN TiPP*MaNN wrote:

no......it  would be cool but no,wut would the rest of the world think of making paintball an olympic sport, it may be big in our lives but some ppl havent even heard of paintball, or even know anything about it, we are a small population in the world,think about like ur biology teacher, would he like to watch paintball? alot of ppl think paintball is to violent and warlike,teaching ppl to be violent, i completely disagree but they are a large percentage of the world.

ok enough reality talk, think about all the sponsers in it and stuff, it would realy make paintball alot more popular,that would be pretty cool.

i didnt know curling existed until about 4 years ago either when i was like 7 or 8.  besides i personally lwould love to see more paintball on tv.  actualy while i was down teh shore on comcast cable channel OLN there was a half hour of paintball on.  a tournament.  i was so surprised i just sat there with my jaw wide ope while my girlfriend just sat there on the bed like she didnt care lol.  but we did sleep in the same bed , anyway back to the point.  if paintball would be put into the olympics i think it would take a few more years for the sport to grow more and alow more mature players to grow into the sport.  yes there are people out there with terrbile attitudes but there are that in every other sport.  along with cheating, what makes cheating in paintball different than cheating in icehocker or basketball.  i think paintball should be broadcasted on channels such as ESPN for quite some time before it is put into a very large competition such as the olympics.  although i do believe it will be there one day, but not this day.

The desire for polyester is just to powerful.
Balazs2 View Drop Down
1 language strike, 6/29

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Balazs2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 August 2004 at 10:26pm
Originally posted by warmonger83 warmonger83 wrote:

with the curent state that professional paintball is at, paintball in the Olympics would be a huge blow to the sport.

There are just too many loose cannons on the professional circut that throw their guns everytime they get hit, spouting a line of words that would make a sailor blush in the process... not to mention all the cheating. I truely believe that paintball is not ready for TV coverage either. But hey, what do i know... im just a responsable adult that has followed the sport for 5 years and played for 2.

I agree 100 percent to that...
PaintBsniper View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaintBsniper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 August 2004 at 10:26pm

no......it  would be cool but no,wut would the rest of the world think of making paintball an olympic sport, it may be big in our lives but some ppl havent even heard of paintball, or even know anything about it, we are a small population in the world,think about like ur biology teacher, would he like to watch paintball? alot of ppl think paintball is to violent and warlike,teaching ppl to be violent, i completely disagree but they are a large percentage of the world.

ok enough reality talk, think about all the sponsers in it and stuff, it would realy make paintball alot more popular,that would be pretty cool.

Well if people dont know about it how can they think its warlike If people see how paintball is really played and what it is really like they will most likely have a better image of paintball than their previous thoughts. Oh yeah and it was actually my old biology teacher that brought me into the sport

I dont care what you say there are snipers in paintball

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaintBsniper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 August 2004 at 10:28pm
Originally posted by Glassjaw Glassjaw wrote:

i didnt know curling existed until about 4 years ago either when i was like 7 or 8.  besides i personally lwould love to see more paintball on tv.  actualy while i was down teh shore on comcast cable channel OLN there was a half hour of paintball on.  a tournament.  i was so surprised i just sat there with my jaw wide ope while my girlfriend just sat there on the bed like she didnt care lol.  but we did sleep in the same bed , anyway back to the point.  if paintball would be put into the olympics i think it would take a few more years for the sport to grow more and alow more mature players to grow into the sport.  yes there are people out there with terrbile attitudes but there are that in every other sport.  along with cheating, what makes cheating in paintball different than cheating in icehocker or basketball.  i think paintball should be broadcasted on channels such as ESPN for quite some time before it is put into a very large competition such as the olympics.  although i do believe it will be there one day, but not this day.

yeah i doubt paintball will make it to the olympics and espn soon but maybe in a year or two we might actually see more paintball games on TV.

Mike Barch View Drop Down
Guested

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike Barch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 August 2004 at 2:40am
that would be some sweet speedball/airball.!
The Guy View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Soup Can Guy

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Guy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 August 2004 at 3:27am
ugh, absolutly not. Never ever paintball in the Olympics.

If paintball absolutly needs a world venue then why not add on to X-Games?

But never in the Olympics. First off all olympic sports are usually hundreds of years old. Plus you can't compare curling to paintball. Both require emmense skill. Its not just some huge game of shuffleboard. Plus its a winter sport, while paintball would be summer.

Also your poll is out of wack.
  1. yes
  2. yes
  3. yes
  4. yes
  5. I don't play paintball
  6. yes
you have to add a no in there somewhere.
rave5910 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rave5910 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 August 2004 at 6:50am
so many countries would show up for a chance to shoot americans they'd have to do a first come first serve type of thing

A-5
E-grip
32º W.B.
DOP x-chamb.
psycho bal. 2x trig
polished internals
B.L. 1.2k psi gauge
ST grip adapter
32º bottomline
Paycho View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Paycho Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 August 2004 at 9:15am
Originally posted by The Guy The Guy wrote:

But never in the Olympics. First off all olympic sports are usually hundreds of years old. Plus you can't compare curling to paintball. Both require emmense skill. Its not just some huge game of shuffleboard. Plus its a winter sport, while paintball would be summer.

1. yes
  2. yes
  3. yes
  4. yes
  6. yes
Brains, Brains, Brains!
Most Celebros mmmmmmmm!
98 custum
dye 14" barrel
double trigger
Paycho View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Paycho Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 August 2004 at 9:19am

1. yes
  2. yes
  3. yes
  4. yes
  6. yes

If you bothered to read clearly it says " No, i just don't like paintball not i don't play.

Anyways paintball should at least be a U.S. sport sice people all over the country play it. maybe down the road it will be an olympic sport but for now i would be satified with just a national sport. there should be college paintball teams and stuff don't you think?

Brains, Brains, Brains!
Most Celebros mmmmmmmm!
98 custum
dye 14" barrel
double trigger
Paycho View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Paycho Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 August 2004 at 9:42am
yea sweeping ice
Brains, Brains, Brains!
Most Celebros mmmmmmmm!
98 custum
dye 14" barrel
double trigger

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaintBsniper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 August 2004 at 12:53pm

1. yes
  2. yes
  3. yes
  4. yes
  6. yes

i take it you have never played indoor paintball. Some of the sports on the olympic list are not more than 200 years old. True they are not as new as paintball but they are not as old as say the marathon.

The Guy View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Soup Can Guy

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Guy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 August 2004 at 4:48pm
There is too much cheating and ways around everything. There would be huge arguements about trigger bounce and everything.

You ever notice that all the sports totally lack technology???

Not one piece of electronics used by an athelete?

I mean sure they spend millions testing physics and all sorts of stuff to make a better bow for archery, but in the end its still just a bow.

I hate to break it to you but paintball will never last. Its obviously not just a flash in the pan, but it WILL die out. I can already see the end coming too. Everyone is making more and more cheaper, faster guns. Eventually everyone will have a cheap plastic electropneumatic that shoots 40bps. The sport won't be any fun anymore.

Besides, you can't just toss a sport into the Olympics. Look how popular american football is, and it is obviously more fun than curling. But nobody in the rest of the world has ANY interest in it. You barely hear anything about paintball outside of the US, and there are just a handful of European teams that compete. There is not worldwide interest. We are the ONLY continent almost.

The sport will die out eventually. However I could see it as an X-games event. Just never Olympic. Skateboarding would be an Olympic sport before paintball would ever come close.
chettacheez View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

I do enjoy a stinky cheese

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chettacheez Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 August 2004 at 5:56pm
I dont know about the olimpics but maybe in the Olympics...

Edited by chettacheez
emo_punk View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote emo_punk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 August 2004 at 1:30am

Okay, Okay...It would be awsome to have paintball in the olympics...then id actually give a flying **edited** what went on in that short period of time...but, paintball is simply not an olympic sport.

However, paintball could easily be add to the X-Games...that would be fricken awsome. 

P.S.  Only one more thing:  If they can have ping-pong and trotting horses in the olympics than they can definetly fit in paintball...jesus.

I snuck up on the bunkered enemy wondering if i should ask him to surender...naw...
evil_fingers View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Strike 1 - Inappropriate sig

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote evil_fingers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 August 2004 at 1:40am
Originally posted by emo_punk emo_punk wrote:

Okay, Okay...It would be awsome to have paintball in the olympics...then id actually give a flying **edited** what went on in that short period of time...but, paintball is simply not an olympic sport.

However, paintball could easily be add to the X-Games...that would be fricken awsome. 

P.S.  Only one more thing:  If they can have ping-pong and trotting horses in the olympics than they can definetly fit in paintball...jesus.

Paintball in the X-Games would be OFF THE HOOK! and everyone knows the X-Games are televised.

Do not steal....the government hates competition!
The Guy View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Soup Can Guy

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Guy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 August 2004 at 3:26am
at least we can agree on the X-Games element.

Oh and Chetta, I doubt they would be in the Olypics either. Probly more likely the Olympics.
chettacheez View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

I do enjoy a stinky cheese

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chettacheez Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 August 2004 at 8:26am

at least we can agree on the X-Games element.

Oh and Chetta, I doubt they would be in the Olypics either. Probly more likely the Olympics.

Hehe, beat me at my own game
ravepb View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ravepb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 August 2004 at 2:28pm
Paintball in the x-games would fit better than the olympics. Around here anyhow paintball is seen as a X sport. I wasnt dissing on swimming earlier, I was just saying paintball does take skill to play at or above the level of many other olympic "sports".
Tippmann A-5
E-Grip
Black to blue fade paint
Polished Interns
JCS Duel trigger
14" CP black barrel
Flame on/off drop
91ci/4500psi System X HPA
Spring mods
Pimp fund $140/$850
The Guy View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Soup Can Guy

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Guy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 August 2004 at 3:06pm
^^^ thats only your opinion
El Ced View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote El Ced Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 August 2004 at 9:34pm
Put in the X-Games along w/ surfing. The Olimpics
already have enough security issues without
terrorists trying to figure out how to sneak in real
weapons w/ markers.
Caution: Happy Fun Ball may suddenly accelerate to dangerous speeds.

NEVER... taunt the happy fun ball!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
  Share Topic